The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All I want is to go to a game and enjoy football. It's escapism. A couple of hours where your worries can be left at home. I just can't see what's wrong with wanting that and not constantly reminded of the world's ills wherever you go. Used to be able to do that fine but now everything is being politicised in one way or another.  Used to be a minute's silence for an exe player was it but now it's anyone and their dug. What was ever wrong with football just being about football?

Spot on! I don’t go to football to be lectured on how I should think and behave, I purely go for entertainment reasons and to enjoy the sport. 
The premier league has gone way OTT with the messaging and virtue signalling, that is an example NOT to follow. 

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

God knows why anyone wants to go to a match and sing about things that happened hundreds of years ago that have feck all to do with football. Politics should be left at the door and it should be 22 players kicking a ball about a pitch for acouple of hours and nothing more complicated than that .

Agree entirely.  It's just a pity that there are tens of thousands in Scotland, if not hundreds of thousands who think otherwise.  The number of "55" stickers and posters around the town makes me want to puke. FFS, there is even one with a flag pole in Redding with "55" painted on the base whilst the Union flag is flying high. Their interest is not in football, but bigotry and intolerance.  Just to emphasise, the other "green" side are no better !  This is why I took umbrage with the flag on Saturday.... unfortunatley it represents everything that is rotten in Scottish football

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Probably still need to keep details of attendees for track and trace purposes no doubt. 

I thought that would be the case but as far as I know some other clubs haven't bothered their arse about that so not sure whether that's still required or not.

Be interested to see which position of the park he ends up in and in replacement of who. Can understand the lack of height in midfield but thought Telfer and Hetherington worked well as a two, even Ross looked okay in the latter’s absence.

What we definitely do need is depth and that’s an area of the team which is lacking.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just call him Ernie I think. Wont even try to pronounce his second name! Cover for position we need cover. Hope it goes well. Should help us at corners IF he can jump?

Or Naldo