The Falkirk FC Thread

A great feeling to finally have our team back. Some excellent stuff played and players buying into Sheerins approach. God, its been a while since we came out of games having been entertained. Its not too much to ask. Nesbit motm for me, he was excellent,and imo his best position. A bit of pride in our team once again. Good feeling. More of the same please.

In football news, Falkirk FC have recorded a 1 - 1 draw with Cove Rangers and a 2 - 1 win over Peterhead in Scottish League 1, the 3rd tier of Scottish Football. We now go live to the P & B Falkirk thread for some fan reaction . . . . . . . .

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends

Edited by Bairn in Exile

In football news, Falkirk FC have recorded a 1 - 1 draw with Cove Rangers and a 2 - 1 win over Peterhead in Scottish League 1, the 3rd tier of Scottish Football. We now go live to the P & B Falkirk thread for some fan reaction . . . . . . . .

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ws9vg0byw57bmokz4i868s9geudkmrj7fx2scobw%26rid=giphy.gif%26ct=g&key=443a75920360e93ff719ed8217219a9aa0e7400b7aaec5f28ca1daa6a34f6e36
Fans in enjoying good performances shocker

23 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

WTF is this pish?

32 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That’s mortifying for you.

35 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

f**k up mate. 

57 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You’re a gimp!

As others have said, was thoroughly enjoyable to come away from the match yesterday having watched us play some really good football.  

Far more positives than negatives at the moment.  Sheerin very impressive, especially on the touchline during the game, constantly shouting and coaching the team.  The performances of Nesbitt, Telfer, Morrison and McGuffie have been excellent.  Hetherington looks slow but neat and tidy yesterday and rarely gave the ball away.  I'm fine with Miller filling in at right back where he seems solid enough.  McCann did well but hasn't quite yet lived up to the attacking hype.  

Minor negatives - a couple of times we let Peterhead in and were lucky that their finishing was poor. Defensively we really need to find a better option than Hall who despite doing ok by his standards was culpable at the goal and the other chances Peterhead created.  

Overall - very good progress and looking forward to watching the games again.  Its great to be back!  

Off the field there are also some early signs of positive improvement:

Social media posts have improved in frequency and variety of news
The partnership with Greaves Sports looks good so far with better, varied merchandise
The initiative to create a section of the ground for high risk fans to attend is a real effort to put fans first
The new CEO looks a good appointment according to Stenny fans and those who know him
The development squads are taking shape and look like they're not far away from being up to the numbers needed
Our scouting for Ompreon suggests we're finally casting the net wider than the central belt

Hopefully all a sign that the Rawlins taking more control and sorting things out behind the scenes is starting to have an impact.  

Early days but at this rate we may never see ZBairn Potts post ever again ;)

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

‘Bairn in Exile’ ? More like ‘Bairn gives me the Bile’ ya fucking tit !!

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Off the field there are also some early signs of positive improvement:

Social media posts have improved in frequency and variety of news
The partnership with Greaves Sports looks good so far with better, varied merchandise
The initiative to create a section of the ground for high risk fans to attend is a real effort to put fans first
The new CEO looks a good appointment according to Stenny fans and those who know him
The development squads are taking shape and look like they're not far away from being up to the numbers needed
Our scouting for Ompreon suggests we're finally casting the net wider than the central belt

Hopefully all a sign that the Rawlins taking more control and sorting things out behind the scenes is starting to have an impact.  

Early days but at this rate we may never see ZBairn Potts post ever again ;)

For the first time in about 3 season I came away from Westfield with a feeling that we have a football team on the park that can play attractive footy and are told not to be negative and defensive. It was great to watch. Most of the team were excellent, Nesbitt in particular,  but we need to sort out our defensive deficiencies. A couple of balls that screeched across the face of the goals in the first half and some slack possession by Hetherington and Miller could have cost us against a better team. I think Sheerin might just be the guy we have been looking for after the dross we have had for several years. All in all a good day !

As to your post, the Greaves Sports deal is just an online shop. The merchandise offer is still the clubs remit.

Well done to the club for organising the  section for high risk fans. 

The new CEO ....time will tell.

The development squad is still not there. Don't believe the hype about young guys being promoted to the first team as some of them are already in their 20's

Scouting.... fingers crossed.

The Boardroom cabal.....I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They have fallen lucky with Sheerin in my opinion. Remember he wasn't even their first choice !   

You will see me again :)

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Arsehole of a post.

Absolutely not a happy clapper but nothing wrong with enjoying the team playing well after watching garbage for three seasons.

37 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

For the first time in about 3 season I came away from Westfield with a feeling that we have a football team on the park that can play attractive footy and are told not to be negative and defensive. It was great to watch. Most of the team were excellent, Nesbitt in particular,  but we need to sort out our defensive deficiencies. A couple of balls that screeched across the face of the goals in the first half and some slack possession by Hetherington and Miller could have cost us against a better team. I think Sheerin might just be the guy we have been looking for after the dross we have had for several years. All in all a good day !

As to your post, the Greaves Sports deal is just an online shop. The merchandise offer is still the clubs remit.

Well done to the club for organising the  section for high risk fans. 

The new CEO ....time will tell.

The development squad is still not there. Don't believe the hype about young guys being promoted to the first team as some of them are already in their 20's

Scouting.... fingers crossed.

The Boardroom cabal.....I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They have fallen lucky with Sheerin in my opinion. Remember he wasn't even their first choice !   

You will see me again :)

Greaves sports deal, longer term, will be more than just an online shop I believe. I am guessing but they are likely to play a part in the future kit deals as they have done with the other clubs who use their site. 

There are some small but new products on the online shop which look like they have been put on by Greaves as it’s similar stock to what they do for Thistle etc.