The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I can only hope the bitterness in our fanbase will fade in the future, more of this will be draining.

Away and gies peace. I will never give credit to someone who is stealing a ridiculous wage from our club. 

As much as I've been impressed with Nesbitt, McGuffie etc anyone with a half decent knowledge of scottish football would have identified them.

Let's just forget their goal, meant nothing and against all run of play. I thought we were fucking brilliant today, nesbitt was fantastic, we played some amazing football. Really really enjoyed it. Could've been about 6. The league is ours if we keep this up. Haven't enjoyed a Falkirk team like this since Houston 2nd placers. Braw!!! 

The team I would line up for the EK game. 

Martin

miller 

hall 

Dixon 

McCann 

hethrington 

Ross 

nesbitt 

Dowds 

sammy 

weekes. 

if McKay and Williamson out for a lengthy time that back four could do with some consistency to try and get the best out of it.  A case for keena to start in order for him to try and improve fitness levels but would like to see the other strikers given a run out. 

7 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

The team I would line up for the EK game. 

Martin

miller 

hall 

Dixon 

McCann 

hethrington 

Ross 

nesbitt 

Dowds 

sammy 

weekes. 

if McKay and Williamson out for a lengthy time that back four could do with some consistency to try and get the best out of it.  A case for keena to start in order for him to try and improve fitness levels but would like to see the other strikers given a run out. 

Be interesting to see which players go out their way to nail Lee Miller as I'd imagine there's a fair few of them don't like him. Perfect game to give a few of the youngsters a shot at it as well as try something new. I'd go with the following

Martin
Miller Hall Lemon Mccann
Weekes Telfer Hetherington Williamson
Sammy Keena

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He has at least one screw up a game though and whilst other players may be lucky enough to get away with them his invariably end up in a goal. We were two goals to the good today so we got away with it but if we're playing queen's park or another side in a big match that's in the balance and he does that then it will cost us. Surely isn't asking too much to get a centrehalf that can get through a whole game in league one without screwing up .

This is spot on. Hall does look better with Dixon as a central defensive partner. No matter how good a game Hall has he will cost us points at some stage this season if we have to keep playing him

Incidentally, hats off to the club for the vulnerable fans area. 7 of us in a block for 400 was overkill perhaps but it was well intentioned - and that block would have sat empty anyway (in fact, 2 blocks were empty).  The stewards policed it as well as they could but I imagine with a return to restriction free stadiums, this might not continue.

Felt weird having both ends singing "We're, blue, we're white" etc

4 hours ago, Russ said:

This is great to watch at times. Morrison, Nesbitt (😍) and McGuffie are a joy to watch and are going to tear apart some teams this season and Telfer pulling the strings and ripping it up in the middle of the park. Not perfect we’re still a bit suspect at the back and final ball could be better but night and day compared to the shite we’ve been served up for the last few years. Best football we’ve played for fucking ages.

New captain tae in Stevie Hetherington.

How did stevie hetherington play ? Maybe now he's captain his booking count might go down😂😂, he was always a favourite at alloa though,  wholehearted player 

22 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Incidentally, hats off to the club for the vulnerable fans area. 7 of us in a block for 400 was overkill perhaps but it was well intentioned - and that block would have sat empty anyway (in fact, 2 blocks were empty).  The stewards policed it as well as they could but I imagine with a return to restriction free stadiums, this might not continue.

When I was in on Friday it was said that the area would continue for as long as the people who sat there needed it. 

13 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

How did stevie hetherington play ? Maybe now he's captain his booking count might go down😂😂, he was always a favourite at alloa though,  wholehearted player 

He was exceptional today, kept the ball ticking over as well as picking up every second ball and mopping everything up.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When I was in on Friday it was said that the area would continue for as long as the people who sat there needed it. 

Well I suppose there's not many sides in this league going to bring serious numbers for that stand, so blocks will always be available. 

Another great interview with Sheerin. Not happy with losing that goal and made it very clear by the sound of it. Good to hear that he knows Sammy E is very raw but can see his qualities and when we can use them. A lot better than the bland interviews of the last few seasons

I challenge you all to watch Sheerin's post match interview and not be distracted by the wee boy playing football with his Dad?  in the background.  Sign him up for the development squad!

Paul Sheerin Post Peterhead - YouTube

What a difference having an attack minded team, who know their roles, are set up well and play with hunger & confidence. Makes a huge difference to the crowd & atmosphere too.

Williamson & McKay in for Miller & Hall and that’s a very decent starting X1 for this level. Although I believe we will have another striker in soon. 

Great to be back at the stadium and was fantastic to see & hear the fans throughout. Nice touch with the minutes silence too. 

Sounds like the non starters will play on Wednesday. Martin must be given a gig in goals. 

Sheerin very competent and engaging in his post match interviews. Skirted around the squad numbers, so as mentioned many times, it certainly looks like there’s a Number 9 still to arrive. There certainly seem to be plenty of chances being created, but still not a lot of goals in the team.

On the surface, a point against Cove and beating Peterhead by the odd goal in three isn’t that great, but performances seem to point to something better just over the horizon.

Absolutely loved being back at the football today and I was really impressed with the team. The more games we play the better we’ll get. We’re the team to catch IMO.

Very difficult to judge sammy but my first impression was he reacted to every challenge and that’s a recipe to get sent off. 

Important to remember that the squad are basically 3 games down from where we'd usually be at this stage of the season with quite a few missing a chunk of training as well. Hoping we'll continue to improve with match sharpness. Having Williamson back should make a big difference as well

ps Sheerin says we're Barcelona