The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

How did new boy do. I am working so not able to go sadly

Had one chance that the keeper came out and closed down well. Put himself about and looks pacey. Hopefully the nuisance we're missing. Very hard to judge given it was his first 30 minutes.

I am absolutely seething at that c**t Hall. Why the f**k would you ever headed the ball right across your goal like that? 
That bellend aside that was really encouraging albeit a little frustrating that we failed to kill off the game despite having the chances. 
Thought Telfer was excellent the transformation in him has been class. Dixon absolutely strolled that again today and what a hit for the goal absolute rocket into the top corner. MoM for me was Nesbitt he’s always so positive on the ball, very clever and quick feet.

13 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

How did new boy do. I am working so not able to go sadly

Fairly impressed with Sammy. Still early obviously but he’s about 6’0 put himself about well, showed a few decent chances but like Morrison missed a great chance hitting it right against the ‘keeper. Was getting a lot of rough treatment though from several Peterhead jobbers.

On FTV before the game Sheerin talked about them working on positioning in the box for when our crosses came in but I felt today our strikers could really do with attacking the front post and getting across the defender as numerous times today the first defender just cleared our crosses. 

Think that shows why we need another centrehalf in before the window closes.  Hall playing for any lengthy period of time   is going to cause us no end of problems.
To be fair he also put in a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent a goal earlier.
Apart from the skew header, he had a decent game I thought.

Some really lovely stuff played today and although it is very early days Nesbitt looks to be a hell of a player at this level, linked up beautifully with Morrison and always looked to take the game forward.

Pity that we could not turn our almost complete domination into more goals and the late goal from them was no real surprise as we looked a bit slack at the back a couple of times.

Far more positives than negatives though, easily better than anything we suffered last year.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Fairly impressed with Sammy. Still early obviously but he’s about 6’0 put himself about well, showed a few decent chances but like Morrison missed a great chance hitting it right against the ‘keeper. Was getting a lot of rough treatment though from several Peterhead jobbers.
Against those teams full of giants you need someone who can rough them up. Sounds early promise

21 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

To be fair he also put in a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent a goal earlier.
Apart from the skew header, he had a decent game I thought.

He has at least one screw up a game though and whilst other players may be lucky enough to get away with them his invariably end up in a goal. We were two goals to the good today so we got away with it but if we're playing queen's park or another side in a big match that's in the balance and he does that then it will cost us. Surely isn't asking too much to get a centrehalf that can get through a whole game in league one without screwing up .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

46 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

2-1 flatters them big time. Could of been 4 or 5, some of the football we played was a joy to watch,  noticed hetherington was skipper today aswell. 

Indeed. It could have been. But it wasn't. 

Performances like that will see you back where you belong in the championship.

With Ompreon signing we've got a squad of 21 right now including the 3 youngsters from the development squad. Could be doing with that extra centre back especially if Mckay's out for a while and extra centre midfielder for cover. Also if we could bring in another striker and shift Dowds out on loan that would probably be best for all parties as Sheerin must not fancy him.