The Falkirk FC Thread

Dowds is shite not as unbelievablely shite as Wilson though. But he's the only striker we have with a bit physicality. If we could bring in better ie someone in the Brian Graham type mould I'd be quite happy for Dowds to go. We might just have to be stuck with him till his contract runs out like Sammon. 

41 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

If that were the case, then why give him a 2 year contract ?  Surely more sense just giving him 12 months.

I think someone said previously that the 2 year contracts are dependent on appearances and other incentives.  

I assume that unless Wilson plays and scores regularly he'll be here no longer than 1 season. Same with the others on 2 and 3 year deals.   Still wouldn't have signed him mind.  

22 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

"Have you lost weight?"  "Blue really is your colour, isn't it?" "Are those new boots that you are wearing?"  "I think those new boots helped you score that lovely goal!" 😋

Could take some tips from Will Vaulks

https://readastonvilla.com/2019/09/14/villa-fans-react-as-jack-grealish-reveals-unusual-tactics-used-by-will-vaulks/

51 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Apparently looking at a young midfielder from Huddersfield (Albanian u-19) - ernaldo krasniqi. Club still looking for a striker

Generally operates as a holding midfiedler or centre half. Keen to work on his game higher up the park though apparently, according to himself.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/08/06/safe-space-section-to-open-for-the-clinically-extremely-vulnerable/

Genuinely brilliant initiative that I haven’t seen many other clubs doing. Everyone’s a winner. @Long Suffering Bairni think you have talked about being vulnerable - hope this sees you back at TFS where possible.

Credit where it's due, great move.

4 hours ago, grant1903 said:

We,East fife would take Anton back on loan,even if it means he can’t play against yous,makes sense til Xmas 

If we got a decent striker in you might be in with a shout. A negating factor that will be all too apparent after a few games is Wilson as if we didn't already know is an absolutely howling signing, and if we don't get anyone else in then as others have mentioned he won't be going anywhere. I don't see him starting much at all. I'd say Keena when fit, and Wilson (only because Sheerin signed him) both start in front of him currently.

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We shouldn't be signing anyone unless wikipedia give their height in feet and inches. This cm pish is just not on.

8 of our current squad don’t even have Wiki pages.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/08/06/safe-space-section-to-open-for-the-clinically-extremely-vulnerable/

Genuinely brilliant initiative that I haven’t seen many other clubs doing. Everyone’s a winner. @Long Suffering Bairni think you have talked about being vulnerable - hope this sees you back at TFS where possible.

Have to agree. This is a very good initiative by the club.