The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

From the team which started versus Cove I think McCann, Hetherington & Keena will replace Williamson, Ross & Wilson. Maybe Dowds instead of Keena but I’d play the latter. 

I'd maybe play Dowds rather than McGuffie too, just to provide a bit more physicality for Keena to feed off.

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

From the team which started versus Cove I think McCann, Hetherington & Keena will replace Williamson, Ross & Wilson. Maybe Dowds instead of Keena but I’d play the latter. 

I don't think Sheerin fancies Dowds at all. Wilson started over him last week and Keena was the first sub despite him coming back from an injury.

I'd agree with all your suggested changes btw, although Seb Ross was decent last week.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't think Sheerin fancies Dowds at all. Wilson started over him last week and Keena was the first sub despite him coming back from an injury.

I'd agree with all your suggested changes btw, although Seb Ross was decent last week.

I think sheerin is obviously a fan of pep guardiolas. Likes his players to be small and nimble and able to swap positions  and dowds certainly doesn't fall into that category. Why Wilson has been signed too even though he's shit.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

24 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Exactly.  My over the top moan about McManus wasn't really about him as such.  He is gone and was beyond us in the state we are in now anyway.  It is the principle.   I am sooooooo frustrated that the season is underway and we are faffing around with 14 year olds in the development team rather than putting all our efforts into prioritising a goal scorer for this season and then focus on the development boys. 

Pretty sure when we got McManus the season had already started as well, the league Cup at least anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think sheerin is obviously a fan of pep guardiolas. Likes his players to be small and nimble and able to swap positions  and dowds certainly doesn't fall into that category. Why Wilson has been signed too even though he's shit.

Wilson isn't small or nimble though. Wilson's been a panic signing for me with the league cup games coming up and Keena was expected to be out for longer than he actually was we'd have been left with Dowds as the only option. It's the only explantion for it. He won't be on much but even at that he's a useless option. I'd rather see one of those u16 strikers on the bench. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/08/06/safe-space-section-to-open-for-the-clinically-extremely-vulnerable/

Genuinely brilliant initiative that I haven’t seen many other clubs doing. Everyone’s a winner. @Long Suffering Bairni think you have talked about being vulnerable - hope this sees you back at TFS where possible.

Edited by bairn88

An area of the North Stand is being sectioned off for the critically/extremely vulnerable where a 2 metre social distance will be put in place as well as masks being worn at all times. May be of interest to the both of you @Newbornbairn@Long Suffering Bairn

Might have got my critically vulnerable mixed up here, not too sure..

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wilson isn't small or nimble though. Wilson's been a panic signing for me with the league cup games coming up and Keena was expected to be out for longer than he actually was we'd have been left with Dowds as the only option. It's the only explantion for it. He won't be on much but even at that he's a useless option. I'd rather see one of those u16 strikers on the bench. 

If that were the case, then why give him a 2 year contract ?  Surely more sense just giving him 12 months.

Bye the way my user name "Long Suffering Bairn" is not a reference to my dodgy health, that would be bad.   It comes from me joking with my non Falkirk supporting friends that being a Bairn teaches you valuable life lessons such as how to cope with disappointment, mental anguish and depression.

13 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

We,East fife would take Anton back on loan,even if it means he can’t play against yous,makes sense til Xmas 

I can't see that happening tbh. At the moment we've only got Keena (injury prone) and Wilson (genuinely hopeless) so unless/ until we sign another striker no one will be going anywhere

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

If that were the case, then why give him a 2 year contract ?  Surely more sense just giving him 12 months.

Because we've gave them all a 2 year deal, may as well follow the trend. On a serious front I assume/hope it'll be a case of he gets his second year if he meets certain targets or we as a club get the decision on the second year.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We can afford waste the best part of 60k for a SD. 

More staff than players is the new model ☺️

As much as I am annoyed at Holt in his 2nd time at the club, I think we will have to give it time to see if it's money well spent,one league game isn't that point of judgement for me.

50 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd maybe play Dowds rather than McGuffie too, just to provide a bit more physicality for Keena to feed off.

Dowds is a forward only for me and doesn't have the legs to replace McGuffie.

I'd personally only play Dowds as part of a two up front, he's not a goalscorer but can compliment one.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/08/06/safe-space-section-to-open-for-the-clinically-extremely-vulnerable/
Genuinely brilliant initiative that I haven’t seen many other clubs doing. Everyone’s a winner. [mention=73964]Long Suffering Bairn[/mention]i think you have talked about being vulnerable - hope this sees you back at TFS where possible.
Excellent

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

By all accounts it's not actually 2 year deals. It's just been worded that way in the announcement. 

12 months with the possibility of an extension is most likely the case.

40 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's a lot more mobile than dowds though who isn't the type to run after lost causes or press.

26 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd personally only play Dowds as part of a two up front, he's not a goalscorer but can compliment one.

"Have you lost weight?"  "Blue really is your colour, isn't it?" "Are those new boots that you are wearing?"  "I think those new boots helped you score that lovely goal!" 😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile