The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just listening to sheerin’s interview....first thing he says is a lot more people have suffered worse than we have over the last 18 months.....no hard luck stories or feeling sorry for himself - breath of fresh air. 

Honest in every interview aswell. M&M said the same things every single week 

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just listening to sheerin’s interview....first thing he says is a lot more people have suffered worse than we have over the last 18 months.....no hard luck stories or feeling sorry for himself - breath of fresh air. 

Great interview, acknowledging the situation wasn’t great but just getting on with it rather than complain.

Roll on next Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Didn't look like there was an awful lot in it but enough these days for the ref to give a foul. Was more concerned about their goal which looked offside to me.

At the time I didn’t see anything wrong with it being up the other end and all that and the fact that none of our players claimed offside (from what I remember) so when Sheerin mentioned it in his interview I thought he was talking nonsense. However when you watch the highlights McAllister is offside. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

It’s still early days but he’s doing the right things and deserves our backing. Good to see a positive style of play being implemented too.

No doubt it wasn’t ideal circumstances in terms of preparation but clearly the fitness levels were more than good enough amongst most of the squad. The board just used it as a chance to deflect and try gain favour with the fans. Time to stop pointing the finger elsewhere and start backing Sheerin. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Correct. Not like to party line of Rawlins, The Board and Holt. The difference yesterday they got their excuses in before the game. 😂

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I watched the game on Cove TV. Scott Davie was excellent as the commentator. 

I did chuckle at his we are not out of this but we are second best comment.

The Hartley interview is peach tho...skelped arse with a skelped arse face

19 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

. Wilson and McGuffie have yet to impress me 

One might get there given a bit of time, the other could be given a decade, and he’d still not come good. May be the case that Sheerin reckons he is worth a go based purely on nuisance value and work rate.

Sheerin’s interview was a master class in humility and respect. Even his handshake with Lewis at the end was very well judged. Compare it to Hartley’s ignorant “shit on my shoe” attitude to Lewis a couple of years ago.

Easy decision for supporters to make regarding who they’d back between Holt and Sheerin. 

28 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

One might get there given a bit of time, the other could be given a decade, and he’d still not come good. May be the case that Sheerin reckons he is worth a go based purely on nuisance value and work rate.

Sheerin’s interview was a master class in humility and respect. Even his handshake with Lewis at the end was very well judged. Compare it to Hartley’s ignorant “shit on my shoe” attitude to Lewis a couple of years ago.

Easy decision for supporters to make regarding who they’d back between Holt and Sheerin. 

I must be in the minority that thought Wilson was actually ok yesterday. Never done anything special but had some decent bits of hold up play and flick ons.