The Falkirk FC Thread

We are in the 3rd Division and got a decent result against a glorified Highland League team. I’m happy with the performance given the circumstances but please accept my apologies that I’m not creaming my breeks yet.

Yeah, neither am I GB. But we can’t do anything immediately re our division due to the incompetent decision making of the past so that’s not really relevant is it?
What we can do is wait and see for a while.
Let’s remember that our two most impressive players of recent are Dixon and Telfer.
Funnily enough those were the two players that were being completely castigated not so long ago.
Players often play differently under different styles and circumstances. I’m holding off writing the usual suspects off until we know a bit more.
I wasn’t there today but it’s interesting that there are some even suggesting Hall played well today.....

A good performance today and credit must go to Sheerin and his team. Pleased to see us trying to play football it was refreshing to see. 
Two things for me, we need some firepower up front as we’ve all mentioned for weeks, the other is I think we need to play a bit more through the left hand side of the park, Morrison had a really good game but like last season I think we can’t afford to be over reliant on him as opponent defences will suss us out and nullify his threat, we need to vary our attacking options. A huge change from the dross served up over the last few seasons and feel it can only get better. 

Edited by bejazz1

9 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Quiet on here from the moaners before the game. Decent performance under the circumstances. Looking forward to next week with a weeks training under our belts! 

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The silence on this thread tonight after a decent result and performance is deafening.......

It’s impossible to make fun of Falkirk when their own fans are flexing after a draw with Cove Rangers.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The silence on this thread tonight after a decent result and performance is deafening.......

There is two 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Yeah, neither am I GB. But we can’t do anything immediately re our division due to the incompetent decision making of the past so that’s not really relevant is it?
What we can do is wait and see for a while.
Let’s remember that our two most impressive players of recent are Dixon and Telfer.
Funnily enough those were the two players that were being completely castigated not so long ago.
Players often play differently under different styles and circumstances. I’m holding off writing the usual suspects off until we know a bit more.
I wasn’t there today but it’s interesting that there are some even suggesting Hall played well today.....

Lots not kid us on you are happier pointing the finger at fans than the way the team played really. 

Guest Back Post Misses
10 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well I really enjoyed that trip today. The scenes when we scored was what I’ve missed most in the past 15 or so months. We deserved to win that hands down but that’s what happens when you don’t take your chances. 

I thought they all played well but special mention to Hall and Miller who gets crucified on here, and rightly so at times, but that was Hall’s best game for us. Also thought Nesbitt, Dixon , Telfer and Morrison were superb too. Wilson and McGuffie have yet to impress me and Ross did well. Definitely better than Leitch. Keena’s goal was unlucky to be ruled out IMO as GK’s we know get everything in their favour. He is our best striker by a mile.

I like the way the team is set up and the way we are trying to play. A few signings and we’ll be fine I hope. Onwards and upwards. 

Watching the replay the keeper was pushed by Hall. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The loudness on this thread after a draw against Cove is unbelievable.

Enjoyed my day out yesterday, the celebrations at the goal is what av been missing the last 18month. With a decent front man we win that game comfortably. Nesbit going to be our main man this season I feel. Agree with others that Kenna looked good when he came on, haven't written him off yet, but his injury record is worrying, we need someone else in.

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I watched the game on Cove TV. Scott Davie was excellent as the commentator. 

Agree. I didn’t particularly like whoever the co commentator was but Davie was excellent and fair also. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I watched the game on Cove TV. Scott Davie was excellent as the commentator. 

I watched the last fixture up there on cove TV as well and really enjoyed his commentary. Said to my dad before the game yesterday that I hoped it was him again as he was excellent, and was pleased it was. Very knowledgeable, non bias, makes an effort to know the opponents and a very soothing voice to deliver it all.

Great to see the fans celebrating the goal after so long away from the games. Listened to Sheerins interview and he is a breath of fresh air after the last three managers. Hope the board give him the players he needs to get us up, he deserves to have the right tools to do the job.

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Stop being an arse.
The fact is that the vitriol directed at the team in here before we have even kicked a ball in anger has been, to say the least, unreasonable.
But the usual whiners will mount the usual moronic defence...

I think the COYB page is better for you, you’ll find more like minded people there. 

#keep the faith 

Plenty of positives yesterday, pretty much echoing what everyone else has said, nesbitt, Morrison & telfer standouts. A clinical striker and we would of won that game, hall comes in for a fair bit of stick but thought he was pretty faultless yesterday, scenes for the goal were great. Great feeling being back in a stadium 

Encouraging performance and a decent result given the circumstances. First time in a while came out the game actually proud of our team, thats  step forward. We still need to add, but have game changers in Nesbitt,Telfer, McGuffie and Morrison who roasted the lb. Have to give credit to Hall and Miller they played well. Dixon was superb.Wilson for all the stick hes getting on here from some linked up well second half and worked his socks off  making some decent runs, which you can only see of you're at the game. Sheerins a breath of fresh air, but needs backed. Just good to be back at the games. Some jump aboot for the goal. Missed that.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

11 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I don't think much has changed since before the game, most people if not all support sheerin and believe we have the spine or framework of a decent side. The gripes are mainly about the board, Holt and signings like wilson. most also agree we need 2 or 3 signings and we should have these in place with a DoF weeks before season start not after.

solid result and performance away from home against a title contender. pleased more with the pressing strategy and to hear sheerin is passionate on the touchline. hopefully home fans will also make a difference this season

Spot on!  I have a sneaking suspicion that Sheerin might just be able to make a silk purse out of pigs ears. His style of play and set up is a breath of fresh air after the last few turgid seasons. 

One or two solid signings is all that is needed. Let’s hope he gets the cash to do it.