The Falkirk FC Thread

Good point under circumstances. Better team. It’s clear we are better coached and that’s promising. Hopefully Holt and Sheerin wake the f**k up abljt recruitment. A decent striker (not untested babe Ruth) is CRUCIAL. Surely the budget isn’t already spunked on some of the muck they’ve brought in. 

Totally outplayed them, very promising season ahead if we can keep that effort up. Thought we were getting pumped but by far the better team. Enjoyed that actually. Couple of decent signings and I think we will be fine. Keena could be a big player for us, he is like a new signing if he stays fit. 

I thought we edged it today without actually looking that dangerous. The lack of quality showed today especially upfront. Keena was 10x better than Wilson when he came on but that wasn't exactly a difficult task. I think the main difference this season compared to the football last season is us not allowing other teams to play. Our pressing was there for all to see and Fyvie or Vigurs didn't get a chance to dictate the game. Given the circumstances we'll obviously take a draw but we need some more quality in if we're to be anywhere near winning this league

This teams honestly streets ahead of the shite we’ve watched for years. Not perfect or even impressive as yet but I do think Sheerin showing he’s a good coach. 

It’s all about the team, the fans and Sheerin and his team. I’m past being invested about the travesty ‘upstairs’.

Amazing seeing fans back.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I thought we edged it today without actually looking that dangerous. The lack of quality showed today especially upfront. Keena was 10x better than Wilson when he came on but that wasn't exactly a difficult task. I think the main difference this season compared to the football last season is us not allowing other teams to play. Our pressing was there for all to see and Fyvie or Vigurs didn't get a chance to dictate the game. Given the circumstances we'll obviously take a draw but we need some more quality in if we're to be anywhere near winning this league

Agree 100% on Keena. Let’s hope his injuries are behind him and he can kick on as Wilson hasn’t offered anything really. 

Pretty good performance in the circumstances, by far the better team.

Clearly much better organised than we were under the Bantz Brothers last season.

Would be interesting to see what Sheerin could achieve with a couple of good signings.

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Beginning to look like we swerved a bullet with rice . Thankfully the bods incompetence may have paid off for once.

Definitely. They were woeful against us before Miller gifted them the game. Not surprised to see them pumped today 

Really good performance from us today far better than expected and tbh we probably should’ve took all 3 points but considering we’ve had no training for 10 days and potentially some players playing that had COVID playing in the game to come away with that performance and result was great to see.

So many good performers for us but I want to particularly highlight Gary Miller who I thought was excellent at back today. He’s someone that gets a hell of a lot of stick but that was a proper captains performance today. As well as him Dixon as always had a great game and kept Megginson quiet for most of the game, going forward Telfer, Nesbitt and Morrison are going to be so key to us. Morrison had their jobber left back on toast the full game and his final ball was a lot better than usual but we are of course lacking that striker. Nesbitt took his goal really well thought he had taken too many touches but still able I keep it and smash it in. Thought the ‘goal’ we scored just after was very harshly ruled out the ‘keeper just made an arse of things and dropped the ball.

Finally was really good to see the passion from Sheerin. Never stopped giving instructions and was kicking every ball which is a massive breathe of fresh air compared to our last couple of managers.

Just now, Bantabairn said:

Impressive performance given the circumstances, two players short of being a decent team. Wilson simply not good enough and hopefully two in before next Saturday.

You just know that we will tough it out to the January window before we see any more players. But they may surprise us. 🤞

4 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

You just know that we will tough it out to the January window before we see any more players. But they may surprise us. 🤞

They could've got a punter out our crowd of 400 that could do better than Wilson. Whoever had the final decision on him needs booted in the Chuckies.

Edited by Shadwell Dog