The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Well,  yes, exactly!!

FWIW, I did assume that you were probably one of the 11 but I have no idea about the rest. They could be 10 Mark Campbells for all I know, which is exactly the point I was making. 

I've previously stated I would remain neutral regarding the NB bid but, having recently spoken to a trusted family member, wish to stress the bid was legitimate. 

I'm aware this is only anecdotal evidence from a random P&Ber but I haven't read any equal & opposite evidence against the bid. Make of that what you will.

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

We’re fucked with COVID and you are using bookies betting odds as a marker to how shite we are and I’m the one that’s rambling on?  🤦‍♂️

The fact we aren't favourites for the  division 3 title should tell you all about us and that was way before covid struck.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The reality check has been hard for you to accept. 

Good example is Cochrane from Hearts to QoS. Would have been a great signing and just the type of player Falkirk used to attract.

Why did he not sign ? read my post.

If you have a better explanation lets hear it.

Probably because we don't have money to pay compensation  for him whilst queen's picked up 500k last season and will have a few quid in their pocket . If we'd had money to pay hearts and had offered him bigger wages then he probably would've been in our squad this season but that's not the case.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes what attracted Cochrane to Championship QOS?

It's a mystery. 

Yep. Unless you’re competing with Arbroath for a player, you’re going to lose out to a Championship team every time.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

So I am only involved for my Ego? 

I know who you are but don't know you very well. From what I've seen I think you would do as much as you can to get FFC back on track, I'd be confident that few would work any harder. As I say though, I don't know you well so can't really comment on whether you're egotistical or not, which is why I put the 'or all ?' comment in brackets. There was no offence intended so I apologise if any was taken. 

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

So...no difference from the current BoD then, apart  from an extra £500k in the bank, the likelihood of Holt gone and maybe, just maybe good guys taking the club in the right direction. 

Yep we are all happy with Gary “you won’t get a better Chairman than me” Deans plus his lackeys and what he has delivered to the club. 

I think I would rather take the chance with 11 unknown guys who are all Falkirk fans.

No, I want the fans group to be better than the current lot! 

I don't see the point of an 'out of the frying pan' scenario though, I'd much rather that they made themselves known and show us some sort of plan of how they'd like to take the club forward. Maybe there are legal issues that would prevent that, I don't know, but again, they could make that known if that was the case.

It's important to know that I'm not against the NBG at all, in fact, I'm all for it, but I don't want to see us back to square one with God knows how many more years ahead before we can get it right.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I started going to games in 1970/71.  This is my 51st first game of the season.  I will watch the live stream but don't think I've felt less excited for the start of a new campaign.  I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.  But to paraphrase the saying - "Falkirk - expect the expected".

From what you've posted in the past LSB you've quite a few issues to cope with so I really hope we can do it on the pitch this season to give you something to brighten things a wee bit.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I've previously stated I would remain neutral regarding the NB bid but, having recently spoken to a trusted family member, wish to stress the bid was legitimate. 

I'm aware this is only anecdotal evidence from a random P&Ber but I haven't read any equal & opposite evidence against the bid. Make of that what you will.

It was definitely a legitimate bid, I'm not claiming otherwise. I just wish the bid could have been accepted for all the right reasons with both parties happy with it.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably because we don't have money to pay compensation  for him whilst queen's picked up 500k last season and will have a few quid in their pocket . If we'd had money to pay hearts and had offered him bigger wages then he probably would've been in our squad this season but that's not the case.

Not sure that I would have wanted him, he didn't seem to do very well last season. Rather have Cammy Ballantyne on loan if we could get him.

Guest Back Post Misses
35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I know who you are but don't know you very well. From what I've seen I think you would do as much as you can to get FFC back on track, I'd be confident that few would work any harder. As I say though, I don't know you well so can't really comment on whether you're egotistical or not, which is why I put the 'or all ?' comment in brackets. There was no offence intended so I apologise if any was taken. 

Fair enough.  I can tell you 11 guys who only cared about help get this club back on track. 

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep. Unless you’re competing with Arbroath for a player, you’re going to lose out to a Championship team every time.

I'd guess the last two seasons we got players that wouldn't touch us now, cash can be king, location and contract length. The players age also a factor......see cove after they cash, location and contract length.

I still think we can compete with championship clubs with wages and contracts wise, it's the failings of the last two season plus that will make players think twice.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's a baw hair, but you're probably right.

Personally think is more a clump of hair of a difference