The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Plenty of people do that. Someone on here did it last night to me and the rest of the NB group.  

I assume you're meaning me given that I was the only one that mentioned the NBG in the period you mentioned?

Struggling to see where I've made up any stories though?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'll be there. 26th season for me. We will get horsed I'd imagine.

Well done mate, I admire your dedication. I'm going to the pub instead and won't be at the FS until numbers above the ST holders are allowed.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well done mate, I admire your dedication. I'm going to the pub instead and won't be at the FS until numbers above the ST holders are allowed.

Can't see me at a home game any time soon but looking forward to pubs and away games.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Never felt so meh about the start of a season in my life. It's got to the stage I just expect us to be pish and anything else will be a bonus.

Correct. And the sad thing is it won’t take that much to get most disgruntled fans back on board. We’ve been starved of quality and hope for such a long time that with a modicum of genuine improvement we’ll be world beaters again and Holt will be the saviour😂

Aye right!

I don’t buy for one minute that Cove can offer more than we can. I can, however, understand that they will pay players extremely well to play part time football, which combined with a job will take their pay above what we can pay. I’ve said before that being full time in this league can be a disadvantage when trying to attract some players. 

Guest Back Post Misses
26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I assume you're meaning me given that I was the only one that mentioned the NBG in the period you mentioned?

Struggling to see where I've made up any stories though?

Insinuating people were only investing because of egos. when you probably don’t even know many of the people involved in NB group personally. 

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t buy for one minute that Cove can offer more than we can. I can, however, understand that they will pay players extremely well to play part time football, which combined with a job will take their pay above what we can pay. I’ve said before that being full time in this league can be a disadvantage when trying to attract some players. 

And the big signings they have made have been players already based up north. I'm just disappointed we haven't dealt with our own key deficiencies from last season. Hall should never have been resigned that should have really been the clue as to how it was going to go, We needed more than one centre midfielder brought in and we needed a much better option upfront than Jaime Wilson.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Insinuating people were only investing because of egos. when you probably don’t even know many of the people involved in NB group personally. 

Well,  yes, exactly!!

FWIW, I did assume that you were probably one of the 11 but I have no idea about the rest. They could be 10 Mark Campbells for all I know, which is exactly the point I was making. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

And the big signings they have made have been players already based up north. I'm just disappointed we haven't dealt with our own key deficiencies from last season. Hall should never have been resigned that should have really been the clue as to how it was going to go, We needed more than one centre midfielder brought in and we needed a much better option upfront than Jaime Wilson.

Our options up front really worry me. I just don’t see Dowds, Keena or Wilson scoring enough goals.

Keena could be a player but under 40 league games in the last 4 seasons tells its own story.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

1)      Sack Holt, £40k saved

2)      Sack his boy, £15k saved

3)      Cancel Bobby Geddes’ contract,  £15k saved

4)      Sign new goalkeeping coach / back-up goalie, maybe in his late 30s, cost £30k?

5)      Send Martin out on loan until January

6)      Sign decent striker, £30k wages?

7)      Sign central midfielder £25k?

We’d be down a fair few grand but be in a much stronger position on AND off the park. Holt is a hindrance to our chances of success. Not a big fan of Sheerin either but without Holt fuckin’ things up for us, who knows?

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well,  yes, exactly!!

FWIW, I did assume that you were probably one of the 11 but I have no idea about the rest. They could be 10 Mark Campbells for all I know, which is exactly the point I was making. 

So I am only involved for my Ego? 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yea, agreed.  I don't think Hall would have been resigned if Durnan had stayed but the truth is that neither of them should have been kept. 

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Shut the f**k up man.

The reality check has been hard for you to accept. 

Good example is Cochrane from Hearts to QoS. Would have been a great signing and just the type of player Falkirk used to attract.

Why did he not sign ? read my post.

If you have a better explanation lets hear it.

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well,  yes, exactly!!

So...no difference from the current BoD then, apart  from an extra £500k in the bank, the likelihood of Holt gone and maybe, just maybe good guys taking the club in the right direction. 

Yep we are all happy with Gary “you won’t get a better Chairman than me” Deans plus his lackeys and what he has delivered to the club. 

I think I would rather take the chance with 11 unknown guys who are all Falkirk fans.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The reality check has been hard for you to accept. 

Good example is Cochrane from Hearts to QoS. Would have been a great signing and just the type of player Falkirk used to attract.

Why did he not sign ? read my post.

If you have a better explanation lets hear it.

Not interested.

You’ve made the exact same point, in exactly the same words, dozens of times. 

We get it.

I started going to games in 1970/71.  This is my 51st first game of the season.  I will watch the live stream but don't think I've felt less excited for the start of a new campaign.  I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.  But to paraphrase the saying - "Falkirk - expect the expected".

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake