The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We were 5/2 before it hit. That alone is embarrassing 

When were the odds compiled? It’s been pretty obvious for a while we have had COVID in the camp. Any decent punter worth their salt would have been backing Cove if the their odds were half decent. 

If we had a clean bill of health and a normal build up to this game we wouldn’t be 5/2

Guest Ecosse83

Oh and we are actually 5/1 now, I suggest you figure out how betting works before you use it as an argument as to how shite we are as a club!

Guest Back Post Misses
34 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Oh and we are actually 5/1 now, I suggest you figure out how betting works before you use it as an argument as to how shite we are as a club!

WTF are you rambling on about? 

A handful of years ago we played Cove away in the cup and rolled them over easily when we were 3 leagues above them.  We are now in the same league as them still after finishing 3 places behind them in the league last season in Division 3 in Scotland for the third year in a row.
That alone tells me how shite we are as a club. Looks like some fans are still living in clould cookoo land as to how far we have fallen in the pecking order in Scottish football. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A handful of years ago we played Cove away in the cup and rolled them over easily when we were 3 leagues above them.  We are now in the same league as them still after finishing 3 places behind them in the league last season in Division 3 in Scotland for the third year in a row.
That alone tells me how shite we are as a club. Looks like some fans are still living in clould cookoo land as to how far we have fallen in the pecking order in Scottish football. 

Spot on mate. The fact we are in the same league as Cove given how many leagues there were between us is embarrassing.

The fact they are, quite rightly, the favourites with a far better squad is quite frankly a disgrace.

I’m sad that I don’t have a season ticket however with Gary Holt continuing to be the boards blue eyed boy and just could not bring myself to pay for one.

We will take 400 loyal fans today, which based on Cove’s average attendance will be about half the crowd and despite this loyalty our fans get f**k all back from the club. It’s so sad the way the board treats us.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We’re fucked with COVID and you are using bookies betting odds as a marker to how shite we are and I’m the one that’s rambling on?  🤦‍♂️

I think Sheerin is a good appointment but we have given him no chance.

If you read his interview in the Herald you realise we have given up hope of competing in the third division.

"I don't know what sort of figures they deal with up there but I've got a pretty strong idea it will be better money than we pay for those three (Draper, Vigurs and Logan).

"It would be tough for us to compete for that type of player in the market Cove have shopped in."

So we can no longer compete with Cove, as we can't afford the players they are signing.

I guess our strength now is in paying people who don't play football, when we all know it's only on the pitch that matters.

I didn't think things could get any worse but a board who turn down investment and don't see the need to be competitive in the third tier of Scottish football is an astonishing betrayal of Falkirk fans.

I am sure they will all be hiding behind Sheerin and then behind the new CEO.

I don't need to say this but I hope we play brilliantly today.

4 minutes ago, XabiaBairn said:

I think Sheerin is a good appointment but we have given him no chance.

If you read his interview in the Herald you realise we have given up hope of competing in the third division.

"I don't know what sort of figures they deal with up there but I've got a pretty strong idea it will be better money than we pay for those three (Draper, Vigurs and Logan).

"It would be tough for us to compete for that type of player in the market Cove have shopped in."

So we can no longer compete with Cove, as we can't afford the players they are signing.

I guess our strength now is in paying people who don't play football, when we all know it's only on the pitch that matters.

I didn't think things could get any worse but a board who turn down investment and don't see the need to be competitive in the third tier of Scottish football is an astonishing betrayal of Falkirk fans.

I am sure they will all be hiding behind Sheerin and then behind the new CEO.

I don't need to say this but I hope we play brilliantly today.

👏 👏 

We are probably behind QP and Kelty as well as Cove in attractiveness to prospective signings now.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on mate. The fact we are in the same league as Cove given how many leagues there were between us is embarrassing.

The fact they are, quite rightly, the favourites with a far better squad is quite frankly a disgrace.

I’m sad that I don’t have a season ticket however with Gary Holt continuing to be the boards blue eyed boy and just could not bring myself to pay for one.

We will take 400 loyal fans today, which based on Cove’s average attendance will be about half the crowd and despite this loyalty our fans get f**k all back from the club. It’s so sad the way the board treats us.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the away crowd today, can't be there unfortunately, but will be class just seeing the lads give it laldy, up until kick off at least. I really like Sheerin, he will give it his all today and seems like the type of man that players want to do well for. Everything else out the window today and just try our very best and I will be, given the context of our whole debacle of a 'pre season', happy. 

Guest Back Post Misses
26 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

We’re fucked with COVID and you are using bookies betting odds as a marker to how shite we are and I’m the one that’s rambling on?  🤦‍♂️

You are using COVID as an excuse as to how shite we are

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses
18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the away crowd today, can't be there unfortunately, but will be class just seeing the lads give it laldy, up until kick off at least. I really like Sheerin, he will give it his all today and seems like the type of man that players want to do well for. Everything else out the window today and just try our very best and I will be, given the context of our whole debacle of a 'pre season', happy. 

To see tickets left out of 400 tells a story 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

👏 👏 

We are probably behind QP and Kelty as well as Cove in attractiveness to prospective signings now.

Quite, you’d imagine they’ll pay more than Falkirk. 

13 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Anyone know what parking is like up at cove?

Shite. You’ll end up in the retail park with IKEA and Pure Gym in it. The car park at the ground is heavily Covid-ed. Only every second space is in use.

6 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Sheerin is handicapped already and we haven’t even started. Give him the budget that diddy McKinnon got in our first season in this league and we’d win it at a canter. Can’t believe how shallow our squad is for the club of our size. 

Forget this size of club nonsense.

We are in the league our football and quality of signings our status warrants.

Why have players that could do a job for us gone to the competition ? 

They have seen the players brought in and dumped season after season and want no part of it. Like it or not that is how FFC are seen in the game. Those we signed have needed unprecedented 2 - 3 year contracts to give them the security our reputation sadly lacks. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They have seen the players brought in and dumped season after season and want no part of it. Like it or not that is how FFC are seen in the game. Those we signed have needed unprecedented 2 - 3 year contracts to give them the security our reputation sadly lacks. 

I could be wrong but I think you might have mentioned this before?

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shut the f**k up man.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

To see tickets left out of 400 tells a story 

I would normally be there but watching my girls today, paid my £12 none the less. Probably a lot of people in the same boat given that streaming is an option now. Still would of thought we'd sell out our allocation though, champin at the bit to get to a real life game. 

1 hour ago, XabiaBairn said:

I think Sheerin is a good appointment 

I think that too but I’d far sooner see him as his own man making decisions for himself instead of being Holts whipping boy when things go wrong. 
Get Holt so far fucking away from this club ASAP and get back to basics. Maybe think about DOF when the club are knocking on the top league door.  
Short sighted? Maybe…but get every available penny on the right players on that football field to give us the best chance of winning this league this season, this should be the number one priority. I also think the ST sales would increase significantly.