The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

There’s been all sorts of moans on this thread. Some justified, some not. However the worst moan is that each player doesn’t have his own individual treadmill.

Where they're all pretty much run of the mill.

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

There’s been all sorts of moans on this thread. Some justified, some not. However the worst moan is that each player doesn’t have his own individual treadmill.

It wasn't a moan. It was a suggestion when it was assumed players couldn't go outside when they were self isolating. Now that assumptions been proven wrong then obviously there's no need for them. 

Guest Ecosse83

I’ve deliberately stayed away from here but decided to have a quick read through and f**k me there’s some belters on here 😂👏

Anyway looking forward to the new season starting, it looks like we have actually signed a squad that will fit into a system and not just signing a plethora of players and then shoe horning them in like previous seasons. 

Just a shame we have apparently signed a completely shite striker that’s had about 60 minutes to show what he can do 😆🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’ve deliberately stayed away from here but decided to have a quick read through and f**k me there’s some belters on here 😂👏

Anyway looking forward to the new season starting, it looks like we have actually signed a squad that will fit into a system and not just signing a plethora of players and then shoe horning them in like previous seasons. 

Just a shame we have apparently signed a completely shite striker that’s had about 60 minutes to show what he can do 😆🤦‍♂️

As opposed to Miller and Hall being played in their correct position and still being fucking woeful. 

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Add that to the ludicrous post that the club are to blame for the Covid outbreak….

Welcome back Banta ! Nice to see you absolving the club of all blame :) ... I wouldn't have expected anything less ! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Add that to the ludicrous post that the club are to blame for the Covid outbreak….

Bainsford put up a post saying the 14 were sharing a dressing room. It’s now been deleted though.

Nobody said the club is to blame but given their priority is the health and safety of the players I would hope there would be a review of their Covid protocols. If what Bainsford said is true then why are so many sharing a dressing room and spending 15 minutes or more within 2 metres of each other? 

This must be the quietest this thread has ever been and on the eve of a new season dawning. 
Watched interview with Paul Sheerin -Said he hasn’t spoken to the 6 players today who tested positive for C19…Strange.  Also found it strange that there was no questions relating to potential signings/loans etc. 
- He came across as someone who was as deflated as me. 
i also expected ‘H’ to give some form of interview but his silence was deafening. 

Well if they want to fully adopt the loser’s limp, Sheerin will getting told to just take 13 players so offering up a sob story about not even being able to fill the subs bench.

Having read the “second statement”, it feels like the Chairman stood back and let Neville Chamberlain have a go.

The Club put forward a measured and logical case to the SPFL and asked them to provide us with a summary of the medical advice they considered when reaching their decision.  No such advice has been provided and consequently, this club is now at war with Germany.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I can’t help thinking that Holt will be a short term appointment. Either he is out of his depth and has not got a clue what he is doing or he is trying to do things on the cheap. 
The new season kicks off tomorrow and I feel really underwhelmed and lack any real excitement. Like many, I expected to see some movement on the player front this week and I cannot fathom out how a Sporting Director can honestly believe and be confident he has done enough to have us competing to win the league this year. 
it would not surprise me if replaced before October. I think it is clear that Sheerin should not carry the  can for this when and not if things go wrong. 
A clusterf**ck about to unfold unless some new arrivals are imminent. 

Being 8th in the league would be a success this season. We are hilariously short of a competing club. Best of luck Paul, GTF Gary. 

Always said I'd wait till the first league game to judge the squad as the club had promised more signings on the way.

f**k me we are woefully unprepared for this season. The Covid issues around today's game probably absolve the team of the scoreline but the fact we're going into the game without having signed a proper first team player since the beginning of July despite the obvious deficiencies in the squad is absolutely wild.
What the f**k is Holt actually doing?!

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Bainsford put up a post saying the 14 were sharing a dressing room. It’s now been deleted though.

Nobody said the club is to blame but given their priority is the health and safety of the players I would hope there would be a review of their Covid protocols. If what Bainsford said is true then why are so many sharing a dressing room and spending 15 minutes or more within 2 metres of each other? 

Seriously? You're actually inventing stories now? 

I did nothing of the sort. I imagine admin will have some sort of tools  for checking posts. Feel free to ask them to "recover" the post I never made about the 14 players sharing dressing rooms and offer me a wager on it. Shall we say a thousand pounds to Strathcarron Hospice? 

I  have no idea what the current protocol is for dressing rooms. I know that a year ago they weren't used for training and that two separate ones were used on a matchday. I could add that they still seem to be hyper-cautious about following the rules. Recent examples would be the game against Hearts at Largs, where they were given a dressing room so small that the players were only allowed to go in four at a time. Prematch teamtalks being held in the open air at Largs & Stirling Uni. Or nobody who's not tested being allowed near the players. 

For all that though, I agree with you that for such an outbreak to happen something must have slipped through the net. Unless this variant is now so contagious that it can spread due to contact training, in which case we'll see a lot more outbreaks this season. Time will tell. 

Either way, inventing stories about what other posters put up does you no credit. Why do it? 

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

As opposed to Miller and Hall being played in their correct position and still being fucking woeful. 

As opposed to what exactly? 

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I did nothing of the sort. I imagine admin will have some sort of tools  for checking posts. Feel free to ask them to "recover" the post I never made about the 14 players sharing dressing rooms and offer me a wager on it. Shall we say a thousand pounds to Strathcarron Hospice? 

I  have no idea what the current protocol is for dressing rooms. I know that a year ago they weren't used for training and that two separate ones were used on a matchday. I could add that they still seem to be hyper-cautious about following the rules. Recent examples would be the game against Hearts at Largs, where they were given a dressing room so small that the players were only allowed to go in four at a time. Prematch teamtalks being held in the open air at Largs & Stirling Uni. Or nobody who's not tested being allowed near the players. 

For all that though, I agree with you that for such an outbreak to happen something must have slipped through the net. Unless this variant is now so contagious that it can spread due to contact training, in which case we'll see a lot more outbreaks this season. Time will tell. 

Either way, inventing stories about what other posters put up does you no credit. Why do it? 

£1000 to Strathcarron to make a point. Behave yourself.

7/2 away to Cove on the first game of the season says it all about where we now are as a football club.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was a post saying it was from the one dressing room which I was going to comment on but can’t now find. I was sure you posted it. There is reference to it with Chinatowns post asking about dressing room splits.

I will take you at your word it was not you that posted it though so sorry for suggesting that. 

But yes they should check their protocols. Ross County stated their outbreak was on the bus home from a match. Maybe the new strain is more infectious but that doesn’t explain why 9 close contacts were identified. They shouldn’t be identified on the training pitch and measures should be in place in the dressing room and elsewhere to make sure that they are socially distanced and not in contact for the length of time required to be identified as a close contact. 

Edited to add: it was actually Chinatoon that posted about it being in the one dressing room. It was above a post by you so got mixed up when reading it and just searched back your posts for reference. The point was really not about who said it but what was being said but again apologies if that caused offence. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Back Post Misses

I have never felt so underwhelmed about a season. Maybe we will go out and surprise us all but we just look 4/5 players short even without the COVID issues of the last 2 weeks.

Hopefully I will be proved wrong. COYB 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No. If someone made up stories about you, claiming you've done things which you haven't, then I think you would be annoyed too. 

CP  - thank you for the retraction / explanation. I do occasionally post things at night after a few drams that I regret the next next day, but that wasn't one of them. 

I'm in  agreement with the rest of the points made in your post and I'd like to see us explain what went wrong. Maybe that will happen once the match is out the way. It's certainly something I'd expect Lewis to inquire about in an FFCTV interview. 

Guest Ecosse83
28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

7/2 away to Cove on the first game of the season says it all about where we now are as a football club.

We’re 7/2 becuase of the COVID situation 😂🤦‍♂️

Guest Back Post Misses
13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No. If someone made up stories about you, claiming you've done things which you haven't, then I think you would be annoyed too. 

CP  - thank you for the retraction / explanation. I do occasionally post things at night after a few drams that I regret the next next day, but that wasn't one of them. 

I'm in  agreement with the rest of the points made in your post and I'd like to see us explain what went wrong. Maybe that will happen once the match is out the way. It's certainly something I'd expect Lewis to inquire about in an FFCTV interview. 

Plenty of people do that. Someone on here did it last night to me and the rest of the NB group.  

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

We’re 7/2 becuase of the COVID situation 😂🤦‍♂️

We were 5/2 before it hit. That alone is embarrassing