The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

Team just needs to get on with it, club should stop wasting time on statements. We want action not excuses.

Earlier in the week folk were complaining that the club weren't telling them what was happening about the game. 

So the club make a statement, giving a full update on the (then) current position and what they've been doing.  And follow it up a day later by confirming what they've been told by the SPFL.  

But now they get accused of wasting their time???? 

Bejesus. 🙈

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you dont. 

59 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye wait the now so the club can go and buy 22 treadmills to supply the players to take home with them 😂

Companies made deals with technology companies in order to help get equipment out to staff so they could work from home effectively. This isn't really any different. The club could easily bulk buy them at a discounted rate and get them sent out to the players as it most likely won't be the last time players have to self isolate due to a close contact.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Companies made deals with technology companies in order to help get equipment out to staff so they can work from home effectively. This isn't really any different. The club could easily bulk buy them at a discounted rate and get them sent out to the players as it most likely won't be the last time players have to self isolate due to a close contact.

You are allowed to go out for exercise alone when isolating. 

Also have you seen the price of a treadmill??

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Obviously not seen him play very much due to injury but he looked like a natural finisher to me. I said at the time that he performed like a striker that I expected to score rather than hope that he would.

He didn't perform very well when he returned from injury (having missed most of the season) which may have been down to the injury but more likely that he wasn't being given any service and Holt's daft decision to play the guy up front on his own, which he clearly isn't suited to.

Some folk on here are rubbishing him because it suits their agenda, others because they don't know too much about football and some others who just like jumping on the bandwagon.

Having had that bad injury last season and now having dislocated his shoulder in pre-season it's difficult to predict how he's going to perform. I do expect him to be provided with service in Sheerin's preferred formation however so it's a case of 'time will tell'!

I don’t think that many people are ‘rubbishing’ him - I think people are more frustrated that he’s injured all the time and that the club haven’t signed any other striking options.

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

You are allowed to go out for exercise alone when isolating. 

Also have you seen the price of a treadmill??

It's not that much in the grand scheme of things. Could easily get 25 of them for 10k £400 a pop or even less.

I wasn't aware that you were allowed to leave the house when you were self isolating though so the treadmills are a non event if the players could have still been going out runs.

Changing the subject a bit here Tony Gallagher allowed to leave Liverpool or wanting out of Liverpool and move to Sunderland fell through (must be a Mark Campbell and basket case of a club thing)

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-liverpool-gallacher-move-off-21174796https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-liverpool-gallacher-move-off-21174796

46 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Earlier in the week folk were complaining that the club weren't telling them what was happening about the game. 

So the club make a statement, giving a full update on the (then) current position and what they've been doing.  And follow it up a day later by confirming what they've been told by the SPFL.  

But now they get accused of wasting their time???? 

Bejesus. 🙈

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you dont. 

Statements should only take 5 mins to roll out. I'd rather they had been signing players to alleviate the issue now facing us instead of doing nowt for the past ten days. As has been said previously if Holt is still struggling to find any decent permanent players better than Wilson some how then at least a few trialists and short term loans could've been brought in to give us a few options on Saturday.  Pretty obvious that Holt, deans and co just expected this game to get called off and have had no plan b for when that didn't happen.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Changing the subject a bit here Tony Gallagher allowed to leave Liverpool or wanting out of Liverpool and move to Sunderland fell through (must be a Mark Campbell and basket case of a club thing)

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-liverpool-gallacher-move-off-21174796https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-liverpool-gallacher-move-off-21174796

Not good for us if they are letting him go for feck all. To me if the club you have an agreement with moves a player on for no fee but instead future clauses then we should at least get a percentage of any money Liverpool get for those clauses.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Statements should only take 5 mins to roll out. I'd rather they had been signing players to alleviate the issue now facing us 

So would I, but it's not a case of one or the other. The media officer who writes and puts these out has nothing to do with football decisions about bringing in players. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

So would I, but it's not a case of one or the other. The media officer who writes and puts these out has nothing to do with football decisions about bringing in players. 

I know but people are just so fed up with the lack of signing activity that that doesn't really compute.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know but people are just so fed up with the lack of signing activity that that doesn't really compute.

3 weeks today since we signed someone who wasn't from the development team trials. Holt and Martin. 3 weeks of heehaw.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I guess it's possible we could have trialists for tomorrow, as those aren't something that can be announced in advance. No idea what the shortest loan duration can be. 

I can’t help thinking that Holt will be a short term appointment. Either he is out of his depth and has not got a clue what he is doing or he is trying to do things on the cheap. 
The new season kicks off tomorrow and I feel really underwhelmed and lack any real excitement. Like many, I expected to see some movement on the player front this week and I cannot fathom out how a Sporting Director can honestly believe and be confident he has done enough to have us competing to win the league this year. 
it would not surprise me if replaced before October. I think it is clear that Sheerin should not carry the  can for this when and not if things go wrong. 
A clusterf**ck about to unfold unless some new arrivals are imminent. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think that many people are ‘rubbishing’ him - I think people are more frustrated that he’s injured all the time and that the club haven’t signed any other striking options.

I understand that, but that there lots of posters who have been claiming that he's pish.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Statements should only take 5 mins to roll out. I'd rather they had been signing players to alleviate the issue now facing us instead of doing nowt for the past ten days. As has been said previously if Holt is still struggling to find any decent permanent players better than Wilson some how then at least a few trialists and short term loans could've been brought in to give us a few options on Saturday.  Pretty obvious that Holt, deans and co just expected this game to get called off and have had no plan b for when that didn't happen.

I was going to dissect this to pick out the bits that are pish but, frankly, all of it is.

22 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I can’t help thinking that Holt will be a short term appointment. Either he is out of his depth and has not got a clue what he is doing or he is trying to do things on the cheap. 
The new season kicks off tomorrow and I feel really underwhelmed and lack any real excitement. Like many, I expected to see some movement on the player front this week and I cannot fathom out how a Sporting Director can honestly believe and be confident he has done enough to have us competing to win the league this year. 
it would not surprise me if replaced before October. I think it is clear that Sheerin should not carry the  can for this when and not if things go wrong. 
A clusterf**ck about to unfold unless some new arrivals are imminent. 

I sincerly hope you're right. Sadly would take another onfield disaster for it to happen rather than the bod seeing through him. Hes giving Deans a run for his money in being most disliked at the club.

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

I sincerly hope you're right. Sadly would take another onfield disaster for it to happen rather than the bod seeing through him. Hes giving Deans a run for his money in being most disliked at the club.

Disaster? As far as I’m concerned not winning the league is just this, forget about the play offs.