The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Club will have been trying to sign players but approaches from Falkirk will be as attractive as a fart in a spacesuit to the players involved.

Think if there is a signing it will be because FFC are the only option.

Copy and paste buttons must be well used on your device.

11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I just don’t think our team is as hard done by as people are making out. I know that seems to be an unpopular opinion but it’s what I think and it’s not with an agenda as I really can’t stand the SPFL.

I think it was fair enough for the club to ask but also can understand why it wasn’t changed. Again if the shoe was on the other foot would you be ok for Cove to move the game when all players were available? 

The club asking for transparency when they offer little themselves is also fairly ironic. Some information about how the guys with Covid are doing would be nice. We don’t even know who the 14 are or if they were asymptomatic or not. Also interested to know why so many got pinged in the first place but ofcourse we’ll never find out. It happened despite our watertight Covid protocols. 

As for the fitness, I don’t really buy that they can’t maintain fitness in the house and if not then I don’t see what an extra 2 days will do.  I guess we’ll find out tomorrow but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we win. 

If you know anyone that's had covid it can really take a hell of a lot out of you even a good while after you have it whether asymptomatic or not. The 5 that had it will be as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike come Saturday if you ask me and shouldn't be risked at all.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Keena not ripping it up for you? I genuinely thought when we had him on loan he'd destroy League One.

Obviously not seen him play very much due to injury but he looked like a natural finisher to me. I said at the time that he performed like a striker that I expected to score rather than hope that he would.

He didn't perform very well when he returned from injury (having missed most of the season) which may have been down to the injury but more likely that he wasn't being given any service and Holt's daft decision to play the guy up front on his own, which he clearly isn't suited to.

Some folk on here are rubbishing him because it suits their agenda, others because they don't know too much about football and some others who just like jumping on the bandwagon.

Having had that bad injury last season and now having dislocated his shoulder in pre-season it's difficult to predict how he's going to perform. I do expect him to be provided with service in Sheerin's preferred formation however so it's a case of 'time will tell'!

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Keena not ripping it up for you? I genuinely thought when we had him on loan he'd destroy League One.

He's a poacher which doesn't really work when we're playing one upfront against teams who are sitting deep and making it difficult for us to break them down as the two centre backs can easily pick him up due to them having no one else to worry about. If we played with 2 upfront he'd be fine but he's not suited to the loan striker as he won't hold the ball in for you and likewise he'll very rarely go in behind the defence.

Agreed, but what if some of these players live in a flat? Or have a small garden? Isolation means they can't leave the house so how on earth can they possibly keep fit to the level of a full time professional football player when stuck under these circumstances? 

You've got this Pelaton [emoji106]

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Obviously not seen him play very much due to injury but he looked like a natural finisher to me. I said at the time that he performed like a striker that I expected to score rather than hope that he would.

He didn't perform very well when he returned from injury (having missed most of the season) which may have been down to the injury but more likely that he wasn't being given any service and Holt's daft decision to play the guy up front on his own, which he clearly isn't suited to.

Some folk on here are rubbishing him because it suits their agenda, others because they don't know too much about football and some others who just like jumping on the bandwagon.

Having had that bad injury last season and now having dislocated his shoulder in pre-season it's difficult to predict how he's going to perform. I do expect him to be provided with service in Sheerin's preferred formation however so it's a case of 'time will tell'!

The problem is he's hardly played much football in his career never mind for us. Only 36 league games in 4 years for one reason or another.  Very difficult to know whether he's any good or not from that few games . Certainly don't want to be putting all our eggs on him scoring a pile of goals.  He needs to get his finger out and start performing or his football career will disappear over the horizon. At the moment he's got to start really as we know Wilson is pish and dowds  isn't going to get 15 to 20 goals that's for sure.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Agreed, but what if some of these players live in a flat? Or have a small garden? Isolation means they can't leave the house so how on earth can they possibly keep fit to the level of a full time professional football player when stuck under these circumstances? 

You've got this Pelaton emoji106.png

There's this thing nowadays called a treadmill and if our players don't already have one we should definitely look at fixing that need. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Club will have been trying to sign players but approaches from Falkirk will be as attractive as a fart in a spacesuit to the players involved.

Think if there is a signing it will be because FFC are the only option.

Go and bore off with that shite?

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's this thing nowadays called a treadmill and if our players don't already have one we should definitely look at fixing that need. 

On the score predictions thread I've predicted Cove 3 - 0 Falkirk.

Maybe I need to reconsider?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I want to wait and see what the line up is like before comitting to buying the stream but if I leave it that late i'm not sure that I'll get access. For example if Telfer's out I may as well not bother as Gary Miller will be on the park and you can more or less guarantee Ben Hall will be also if he's not one of the affected 5. If Wilson's starting then it'll be an easy decision for me.

Even with a full strength squad we'd struggle to beat Cove right now as we've still not got anything up the top end of the park.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye wait the now so the club can go and buy 22 treadmills to supply the players to take home with them 😂