The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think Celtics squad of last season vs ours of this season is a silly comparison tbh. 

Celtic started the match vs Hibs with 5 internationalists playing.

Silly? It’s an example of a similar situation except most of our players will be available. 

Are you saying the games should only be called off if the clubs don’t have enough quality players remaining? We don’t even know who the 5 are. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Silly? It’s an example of a similar situation except most of our players will be available. 

Are you saying the games should only be called off if the clubs don’t have enough quality players remaining? We don’t even know who the 5 are. 

Yes I am. There is far more time to reschedule this fixture to given it’s the first game of the season - pretty sure Celtic played Hibs in January.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are Kelty going full time or just being used to launder money ??

You getting them mixed up with Livvy Launderers?

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Apart from a crazy 10mins against Accies our team has been reasonable so far. Professional footballers should know how to keep fit even in isolation. It all depends on who the 5 positives are. Got to be slightly positive

Surely

Agreed, but what if some of these players live in a flat? Or have a small garden? Isolation means they can't leave the house so how on earth can they possibly keep fit to the level of a full time professional football player when stuck under these circumstances? 

7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You do talk some amount of pish to suit your agenda eh. How is it a similar situation? As stated celtic had a huge squad to choose from, meaning they could still pick players that had been training day in day out and not stuck in the house. We are having to pick guys to play football that haven't even stepped on an 5 a side park let alone a full size pitch in almost 2 weeks, against one of our biggest rivals for the title in the opening league fixture which could have so easily been moved even by a couple of days. As much as you have your digs at the club, some I agree with, some I don't, this angle is absolutely ridiculous and any anger should be vented towards the shambles that is the SPFL in this instance, not the club. 

Really hope all of this gets the team fired up, it may be our only hope of salvaging absolutely anything from this fixture and give a massive up yours to the ones forcing this game ahead. 

Nothing surprises me anymore with the authorities or indeed Falkirk. You get angry for a wee while then just shrug your shoulders and have to get on with it. Change ' expect the unexpected' to ' expect the worst'.

Our squad is well short as it is, thats not covids fault or the spfl. Now we're a month behind imo in terms of gelling,  match fitness etc. First 6 games we will just have to try and stay in touch. Yet another tough season ahead.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Nothing surprises me anymore with the authorities or indeed Falkirk. You get angry for a wee while then just shrug your shoulders and have to get on with it. Change ' expect the unexpected' to ' expect the worst'.

Our squad is well short as it is, thats not covids fault or the spfl. Now we're a month behind imo in terms of gelling,  match fitness etc. First 6 games we will just have to try and stay in touch. Yet another tough season ahead.

Agree sadly. The Covid situation has been horrendous and hopefully all the players are ok however our squad isn’t good enough anyway and that’s not Covid fault, that lies squarely at Holt’s door.

The first month is key however looking at Cove, QP and Airdrie I don’t think we will finish above any of them anyway.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Our BoD and the SPFL are two well matched sets of incompetent arseholes.

Just get on with the damn match, it’s not as if we had a complete squad to choose from anyway.

Sign a striker!!!

We've had ten more bloody days to bolster our squad but they've taken the bloody easy way out.  Instead we've still no signed anyone of note for weeks now unless you count Wilson and I certainly don't. Rest have been a couple  of youth team bodies to paper over the cracks.  I'm just glad I didn't fork out the cash for a season yet  like some poor schmucks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've had ten more bloody days to bolster our squad but they've taken the bloody easy way out.  Instead we've still no signed anyone of note for weeks now unless you count Wilson and I certainly don't. Rest have been a couple  of youth team bodies to paper over the cracks.  I'm just glad I didn't fork out the cash for a season yet  like some poor schmucks.

I don’t get how either Holt or Sheerin can be happy with our striking options. It’s a fucking disgrace starting a season with Wilson, Dowds and Keena.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t get how either Holt or Sheerin can be happy with our striking options. It’s a fucking disgrace starting a season with Wilson, Dowds and Keena.

Holt will come out with some pish about not wanting to sign players in case it went against us getting Saturdays game postponed when anyone with half a brain knew it was never going to be postponed anyway. Serious questions have to be asked about sheerin if he's a. Agreed the signing of Wilson and b. Happy with the dross we have up front.  If I was him if be doing a Celtic manager and saying the bod obviously don't realise we badly need reinforcements now .

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You'd think this would've been a prime opportunity for "emergency" loans. Surprised we haven't added a couple who have at least been training with their parent clubs while our lot have been eating Haribo and playing Fortnite.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Holt will come out with some pish about not wanting to sign players in case it went against us getting Saturdays game postponed when anyone with half a brain knew it was never going to be postponed anyway. Serious questions have to be asked about sheerin if he's a. Agreed the signing of Wilson and b. Happy with the dross we have up front.  If I was him if be doing a Celtic manager and saying the bod obviously don't realise we badly need reinforcements now .

Sheerin will be well aware of his place in the pecking order ie. well behind Holt. Our anger should be aimed at Holt - he’s a fucking disgrace and should be nowhere near the club. 

f**k Holt and f**k the board when another season goes tits up.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Agreed, but what if some of these players live in a flat? Or have a small garden? Isolation means they can't leave the house so how on earth can they possibly keep fit to the level of a full time professional football player when stuck under these circumstances? 

You do talk some amount of pish to suit your agenda eh. How is it a similar situation? As stated celtic had a huge squad to choose from, meaning they could still pick players that had been training day in day out and not stuck in the house. We are having to pick guys to play football that haven't even stepped on an 5 a side park let alone a full size pitch in almost 2 weeks, against one of our biggest rivals for the title in the opening league fixture which could have so easily been moved even by a couple of days. As much as you have your digs at the club, some I agree with, some I don't, this angle is absolutely ridiculous and any anger should be vented towards the shambles that is the SPFL in this instance, not the club. 

Really hope all of this gets the team fired up, it may be our only hope of salvaging absolutely anything from this fixture and give a massive up yours to the ones forcing this game ahead. 

I just don’t think our team is as hard done by as people are making out. I know that seems to be an unpopular opinion but it’s what I think and it’s not with an agenda as I really can’t stand the SPFL.

I think it was fair enough for the club to ask but also can understand why it wasn’t changed. Again if the shoe was on the other foot would you be ok for Cove to move the game when all players were available? 

The club asking for transparency when they offer little themselves is also fairly ironic. Some information about how the guys with Covid are doing would be nice. We don’t even know who the 14 are or if they were asymptomatic or not. Also interested to know why so many got pinged in the first place but ofcourse we’ll never find out. It happened despite our watertight Covid protocols. 

As for the fitness, I don’t really buy that they can’t maintain fitness in the house and if not then I don’t see what an extra 2 days will do.  I guess we’ll find out tomorrow but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we win. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Club will have been trying to sign players but approaches from Falkirk will be as attractive as a fart in a spacesuit to the players involved.

Think if there is a signing it will be because FFC are the only option.