The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

If it's a league 1 club  I'd be inclined to think it'll be Queens Park , I can't see it being us we are well covered with players who can play his position unless the plan is to play him at centre forward. 

I would certainly take McDaid if available. Not exactly a world beater but a competent Championship-level player that would do a good job in this league. Ticks the creative midfielder box for me.

If we could compliment that by signing a player of his quality at CH and ST I'd be quite happy with the squad

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Feels inevitable he’ll either be playing for or against us this season.

Him rocking up at the TFS wouldn't surprise me given our current plight, but arsehead Holt would probably give him a three year contract of which he would probably spend about 18month of it out injured.

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think the fact St Mirren and Killie won their Covid appeals shows that the SPFL doesn't have a fucking clue what it is doing.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to make us play the game on Saturday 

Setting a precedent for the rest of the season. 

Will happen to other clubs and they don't want a fixture backlog should the season be cut short.

Cynical ? Yes. But look at the Blazers making the decisions. Welfare of the players or clubs are secondary. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
44 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Setting a precedent for the rest of the season. 

Will happen to other clubs and they don't want a fixture backlog should the season be cut short.

Cynical ? Yes. But look at the Blazers making the decisions. Welfare of the players or clubs are secondary. 

Can imagine if the shoe was on the other foot then there would be plenty of people demanding the game went ahead. We had no problem playing Partick in a potential title decider just after they had played another crucial match 2 nights before. Cove have a big match against Queens Park the following weekend so they won’t want to have their preparation for that effected either. 

Hopefully the guys who had Covid won’t have any lasting effects but the guys who were just isolating should be able to have kept fit. 

This won’t just affect our club so just hope their is consistency with any similar situation. Just fed up of listening to the clubs outrage and excuses when they’ve consistently made a mess of things themselves over the past 3 seasons. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would certainly take McDaid if available. Not exactly a world beater but a competent Championship-level player that would do a good job in this league. Ticks the creative midfielder box for me.

If we could compliment that by signing a player of his quality at CH and ST I'd be quite happy with the squad

Agreed. But you just know that won't be the case. Teams( mainly Cove) have made signings in this league that make you think that's a decent signing for our level, we haven't made one... Yet. Will we? I'm not so sure... 

What a minter of a club statement.

Rules and rules and it’s always been the case that if you have 12 players, you play. I don’t think there’s been any example of a team having a game postponed AFTER all the self-isolations are complete.

Frankly the club have themselves to blame for allowing covid to spread within the club. I just hope that the players go out and play for the win on Saturday and not play the martyr like the club already is. 

13 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Now it looks like the game will be going ahead does anyone know if cove are streaming the game? I'm self isolating due to a family member catching covid so have no option to travel to the game, live stream is only option I'd have.

Yep £12.

Just use your previous login and password.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

In normal circumstances having enough players available should  mean the game gets played however normally the fit players are still training as normal, there's an obvious difference due to covid and isolating. For once I'd agree with the club's stance.

Again I’m no fan of the SPFL but the club have a short lived memory. The SPFL allowed us to move a fixture when the floodlights needed replaced. Can you imagine the outrage if fans were back and fixtures had to be changed due to lack of daylight? I think the club got off with that one to be honest and were lucky it happened when no fans were able to attend.

The lack of preparation isn’t ideal but we should have a full squad to select from. Celtic had to play against Hibs when they had 13 players missing plus their manager. 

An angry tirade against the SPFL only serves to deflect the fact we have a small squad with little quality. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

What a minter of a club statement.

Rules and rules and it’s always been the case that if you have 12 players, you play. I don’t think there’s been any example of a team having a game postponed AFTER all the self-isolations are complete.

Frankly the club have themselves to blame for allowing covid to spread within the club. I just hope that the players go out and play for the win on Saturday and not play the martyr like the club already is. 

What a load of utter pish. Apart from the last sentence. 

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Again I’m no fan of the SPFL but the club have a short lived memory. The SPFL allowed us to move a fixture when the floodlights needed replaced. Can you imagine the outrage if fans were back and fixtures had to be changed due to lack of daylight? I think the club got off with that one to be honest and were lucky it happened when no fans were able to attend.

The lack of preparation isn’t ideal but we should have a full squad to select from. Celtic had to play against Hibs when they had 13 players missing plus their manager. 

An angry tirade against the SPFL only serves to deflect the fact we have a small squad with little quality. 

Full squad minus the covid 5 so 15 players but only 15 if there aren't any injuries. For example Mckay might still be out injured.

11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Celtic have a squad of about 50 players. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Full squad minus the covid 5 so 15 players but only 15 if there aren't any injuries. For example Mckay might still be out injured.

Hard to know for sure with the 5. They will need to be assessed but if they have no effects then they will be available to play. 

20 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think Celtics squad of last season vs ours of this season is a silly comparison tbh. 

Celtic started the match vs Hibs with 5 internationalists playing.