The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the fact St Mirren and Killie won their Covid appeals shows that the SPFL doesn't have a fucking clue what it is doing.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to make us play the game on Saturday 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Because it’s pretty difficult to do any sort of training/running from your house imo - unless they’re all fitted with running machines, other equipment etc. The risk of serious muscle injuries when thrust straight into an intense league game would surely be off the charts and surprised PFA haven’t got involved. Even moving game to Monday would let some of the players at least do a bit of running/turning severely reducing risk of injury - player welfare is still important 

As long as they warm up properly they'll be fine. They're fit guys who have had 10 days rest, I doubt their bodies have seized up to the point of serious injury. Obviously you'd expect them to tire more than their opposition as the game goes on but I'm not sure anyone is being put in danger here. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As long as they warm up properly they'll be fine. They're fit guys who have had 10 days rest, I doubt their bodies have seized up to the point of serious injury. Obviously you'd expect them to tire more than their opposition as the game goes on but I'm not sure anyone is being put in danger here. 

Quite possibly you are right, I’m not an expert. Just remember a lot of unhappiness when the season restarted last season, with a lot of unhappy players apparently. But guess that was after months off not weeks.

If we ask the players and they say there isn’t a significantly greater risk of injury then meh, maybe there’s a slight case for it to be played Saturday. Really does not seem at all difficult to move it to literally just about any Tuesday or Wednesday after, however. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't necessarily think Falkirk should be forced to play here but what's dangerous about it? You've got a team of fit full time players who were coming to the end of a pre-season schedule - not sure how you think they haven't had a preseason, they've been training for weeks? It's obviously far from ideal and most like disadvantages Falkirk but I don't think it puts any players in danger. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

IDK, there’s a pretty well established form for returning to play after any layoff for an injury that involves building playing time. 10 days with no real conditioning opportunity certainly is going to increase injury risk in a way that simply “warm(ing) up” won’t address. Strength Endurance, Alactic Endurance and Speed is all adversely impacted by as little as a 7 day layoff, increasing injury risks. Forcing a number of tired, returning players to play 90+ minutes because the game only allows too few substitutes is balmy.

Folk panned the signing of Brad MacKay yet would be happy with O'Ware, who has been struggling in a poorer team at a poorer level? He's an upgrade on Hall of course but he'd be a sub at best and hasn't been up to much for years. Not for me Clive.

Still can't believe we kept Ben Hall :lol: swear to God, the number of truly bewildering things Falkirk FC makes you kind of just become numb to it, but sometimes you sit back and it just hits you eh

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Hall and Wilson have clearly shown that the mighty FFC ain’t a feared of a rotten player or three. If not O’Ware, then Holt’s development squad still has five or six players left. I am sure he will be offering up one of those to Paul Sheerin. (Where “offering up” means “reject him if you like, but there’s no money for anyone else, but you have the final say as the first team squad is your responsibility, not mine”).