The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Killiefan said:

Unless you’re one of 2 Glasgow scum don’t expect any favours, we certainly didn’t get any. Only association I know that doesn’t support their member clubs.

That is so true, they are the only fuckers they care about.

On 26/07/2021 at 13:42, bairn88 said:

Why on earth would it be a forfeit? It’s the first game of the season FFS. The protocol is postponement, not difficult stuff. Doesn’t take any “negotiating” from us. 

Going by the club statement today, looks like I was right and you were wrong. The club have been in negotiations with the league. The protocol is 13 fit players of which one is a keeper and the game goes ahead. We may not like it but that's the rule.  We asked for compassion from a league we have consistently not had a good word to say about so what else do expect.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye yer playing your game, we don't give a f**k if they haven't trained or prepared, we also don't give a f**k if they are dropping like flies with injuries, some of which could rule players out long term. Absolute madness and an utter disgrace. It's the first fixture of a season and could easily be played midweek. 

Last time I checked, the SPFL aren't actually forcing you to play any of your first team players who were in isolation. If you care about their welfare so much then just field a bunch of kids instead. We played a bunch of 16 year old regens in the League Cup - the manager had a similar guilt-tripping whine about it - but that's just tough.

It has got nothing to do with a legitimate concern for player wellbeing but rather 100% concern for Falkirk not being at a competitive disadvantage, which is not the SPFL's problem.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Last time I checked, the SPFL aren't actually forcing you to play any of your first team players who were in isolation. If you care about their welfare so much then just field a bunch of kids instead. We played a bunch of 16 year old regens in the League Cup - the manager had a similar guilt-tripping whine about it - but that's just tough.

It has got nothing to do with a legitimate concern for player wellbeing but rather 100% concern for Falkirk not being at a competitive disadvantage, which is not the SPFL's problem.

I’m sure you are well aware that we don’t have any youth players.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yous not got 11 players we can borrow. We'll most likely be taking them next summer so just think of it as a trial?

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yous not got 11 players we can borrow. We'll most likely be taking them next summer so just think of it as a trial?

Aye, if you really want Cameron Blues back then batter in.

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Unless you’re one of 2 Glasgow scum don’t expect any favours, we certainly didn’t get any. Only association I know that doesn’t support their member clubs.

100% true. 

The authorities even allow them to postpone league games to participate in so called 'glamour' friendlies. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

SPFL don’t go for a shite without having done the legals back to front. We should suck it up, pull together and instil a siege mentality for the game. We will have a good number of fans there, pissed up no doubt and really up for it. Go and show the authorities 

That's a nice idea in theory but a siege mentality is not a substitute for being locked in the house for 10 days rather than training.

27 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

There are more important things for the league to worry about.  The Wednesday glamour nights have gone with the might of Celtic out of Europe. We are small news compared to this disaster.

Wot

Rangers are still in the Champions League.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get the fact we felt the need to moan about it but instead we could have spent the last week bringing in the 2/3 players that we're missing and Saturday wouldn't have looked so bleak. 

Very true, however, I'm certain the club will be trying to get players in as, presumably, they still have the budget to get some loans. What we don't want of course is to sign players for the sake of it. It's pretty vital that we improve on what we have already. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's a nice idea in theory but a siege mentality is not a substitute for being locked in the house for 10 days rather than training.

Just wondering how many available players you have outwith those isolating until Friday or Saturday? If there is any circumstance where the club’s (lack of) available players might require one or more of those isolating players to play the match, it should be absolutely postponed and the PA should be screaming to high heaven about the risk to the player(s). It would be  utterly insane to expect a player who has been limited in fitness activities for the preceding 10 days to risk his season or career to keep some opening day match from being postponed. It’s not so much the lack of practice as the lack of a proper workout followed by a balls to the wall effort.

Personally, lock the SPFL Board into small boxes for a week, and then have them compete on an obstacle course, with wolves chasing them, while wearing meat suits…and toss the OF Directors in there too.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Who is on the SPFL board ?

I can’t stand the SPFL but I’m in no way going to start pointing the finger of accountability at them before our club. Our board can’t even tell us about a half a million pound investment. You don’t seem to care about that yet demand the names of the SPFL board. The SPFL are awful but they’re not the ones responsible for the situation we’re currently in.