The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Surely to f**k if we fail to go up this season our support is going to start demanding change. 2000 season ticket sales absolutely amazes me given the state we are in. 

There will always be a hardcore that will buy season tickets regardless of whatever shite product is on the park. The board know this. If we don't go up this season they may be wanting the fans to dig deep for a lot more catastrophic reasons than a season ticket.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Surely to f**k if we fail to go up this season our support is going to start demanding change. 2000 season ticket sales absolutely amazes me given the state we are in. 

If we are not in the top 3 after 10 games then change will be demanded.

If ever a manager and a team need a winning start its this team.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If we are not in the top 3 after 10 games then change will be demanded.

If ever a manager and a team need a winning start its this team.

Yip, but the squad so far suggests even that might be a stretch. If we are languishing mid table then Holt should be getting as much stick if not more than the manager. 

45 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Yip, but the squad so far suggests even that might be a stretch. If we are languishing mid table then Holt should be getting as much stick if not more than the manager. 

I agree, for me Holts neck is on the block a lot more than Sheerins this season. I also feel that Deans has to be accountable if things don't play out as we all want.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, for me Holts neck is on the block a lot more than Sheerins this season. I also feel that Deans has to be accountable if things don't play out as we all want.

Deans doesn't think there is anyone better to be Chairman of the club, despite taking us to our lowest level in decades and overseeing the current shambles.   I don't think "accountable" is a word in his vocabulary. 

I don’t understand this. I know it’s the SPFL and it’s Scottish football etc but *surely* the clubs have agreed what will happen if teams can’t fulfil a fixture or don’t have sufficient time to prepare for a match?

Is there a minimum number of senior players that have to be available? Do SPFL not want to set a precedent a end up with a host of postponements in the next few months?

Baffling.

I think the precedent comments are spot on and the club will rightly be looking closely at future, inevitable outbreaks at other clubs.

Big caveat here is that if the SPFL have found that we have breached protocols, leading to this situation, then that might explain the hard stance.

Wonder if we’ll hear from them.

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t understand this. I know it’s the SPFL and it’s Scottish football etc but *surely* the clubs have agreed what will happen if teams can’t fulfil a fixture or don’t have sufficient time to prepare for a match?

Is there a minimum number of senior players that have to be available? Do SPFL not want to set a precedent a end up with a host of postponements in the next few months?

Baffling.

Probably. But in Falkirk's case the number of available senior players is "all of them". 

Guest Back Post Misses

SPFL don’t go for a shite without having done the legals back to front. We should suck it up, pull together and instil a siege mentality for the game. We will have a good number of fans there, pissed up no doubt and really up for it. Go and show the authorities 

Aye yer playing your game, we don't give a f**k if they haven't trained or prepared, we also don't give a f**k if they are dropping like flies with injuries, some of which could rule players out long term. Absolute madness and an utter disgrace. It's the first fixture of a season and could easily be played midweek. 

In January, half our team were ill with Covid causing a couple of games to be postponed and the rest of the squad and management to isolate.

We played Hearts at Tynecastle for our first game in 4 weeks having not trained in 2 weeks and won 3-2. Jamie MacDonald did an interview after the match and was struggling to speak such was the effect that Covid and then the game had on him.

So we have seen similar situations before and it’s certainly not impossible Falkirk can still be in a position to get a result on Saturday. We did get skelped by Hearts a few days later as our team were absolutely fucked after the weekends efforts but with a week before your next game there is plenty recovery time.

The difference from our situation is we already had a bit of a fixture backlog but at this stage of the season there is plenty time to reschedule. In addition, the lack of training and missed games probably have a bigger effect at this stage as the players don’t have the minutes in the legs and base level of fitness at the same level.

Edited by R.R.FC

History should teach our club that they should never expect any favours or sympathy from the powers that be. Our squad is really light though and we can't lay the blame for that at the door of the SPFL. Mind you even if we had a squad of 30 players no doubt the majority would have still had to isolate.