The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Does anyone know if we’re back in training? I know all of Falkirk FC was WFH until Monday at least

Hilarious how underprepared we are for this season. I suppose we’ve tried every other method in trying to have a successful campaign - let’s try the no match fitness no strikers route this year! 

To be perfectly honest, FFC have tried that system in each of the last three seasons.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Does anyone know if we’re back in training? I know all of Falkirk FC was WFH until Monday at least

Hilarious how underprepared we are for this season. I suppose we’ve tried every other method in trying to have a successful campaign - let’s try the no match fitness no strikers route this year! 

What were the club supposed to do about having to cancel the last two games due to a covid outbreak? The recruitment front is filled with holes yet again I'll give you that one as we still need 2/3 starters in our team but you can't have a dig at the club for having to forfeit games due to Covid.

If the Cove game is on we'll have a bare bones squad which is giving me the absolute fear especially as we've not signed any new players this week.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What were the club supposed to do about having to cancel the last two games due to a covid outbreak? The recruitment front is filled with holes yet again I'll give you that one as we still need 2/3 starters in our team but you can't have a dig at the club for having to forfeit games due to Covid.

If the Cove game is on we'll have a bare bones squad which is giving me the absolute fear especially as we've not signed any new players this week.

Was talking more about pre season. I thought we were 1 or 2 games light anyway, then the Arbroath “fixture” didn’t happen, for whatever top secret reason.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

The players who're not having to isolate are back in training. 

If the club are told to play the game on Saturday then I imagine there'll be an FFCTV interview beforehand. At that point I suspect the manager will give an update in terms of the squad size available to him and how many days training they've had. 

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The players who're not having to isolate are back in training. 

If the club are told to play the game on Saturday then I imagine there'll be an FFCTV interview beforehand. At that point I suspect the manager will give an update in terms of the squad size available to him and how many days training they've had. 

Getting their excuses in first for a crap performance and a 3 - 0 pumping?

I don't blame the club for anything that has happened due to Covid, they won't be the last to suffer due to the pandemic. I do however feel we are way short in terms of quality in the squad and for me it comes down to either we are skint and don't have the cash or Holt has been a bad appointment. If we are skint then it was criminal to turn down the fan investment.

Guest Caractacus Potts
45 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't blame the club for anything that has happened due to Covid, they won't be the last to suffer due to the pandemic. I do however feel we are way short in terms of quality in the squad and for me it comes down to either we are skint and don't have the cash or Holt has been a bad appointment. If we are skint then it was criminal to turn down the fan investment.

Yip let’s not lose sight of the fact that Gary Deans thought he was more important than investment of over half a million pounds. 

Where are we now is shopping in the bargain basement for players whilst forking out loads off the field to prove we’re still a ‘big’ club. All in the while risking yet another season in League One as a result. If they don’t want fans who are willing to stump up a large amount of cash for an even say in the boardroom then I’m not convinced they’ll take much heed to a fans rep on the board with a fraction of the investment. 

Might be an unpopular view but as much as I feel getting rid of the academy was a mistake etc etc, all the focus on off-field stuff seems needlessly distracting when the sole focus should be getting the club out of League One. By all means, build the infrastructure of the club off the pitch, but do it when we're at least established back in the Championship. Don't run before you can walk. It seems to me that a lot of what is being done is so that the board can point over somewhere else and say "but look what we've been doing off the field!!!" when we inevitably bottle it on the pitch again.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Might be an unpopular view but as much as I feel getting rid of the academy was a mistake etc etc, all the focus on off-field stuff seems needlessly distracting when the sole focus should be getting the club out of League One. By all means, build the infrastructure of the club off the pitch, but do it when we're at least established back in the Championship. Don't run before you can walk. It seems to me that a lot of what is being done is so that the board can point over somewhere else and say "but look what we've been doing off the field!!!" when we inevitably bottle it on the pitch again.

Id have held off on the academy till we got back in the championship to be honest. No point if we're stuck in league one and end up having to cut  the development team in a season as we can't afford it.

13 minutes ago, brokeville said:

The continued silence from the club is deafening.

Hello all you music fans, here's the playlist for our next home game.

10) Our Lips are Sealed by the Go Go’s

9) Quiet by Ian Dury

8) The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel 

7) Hush by Deep Purple

6) The Quiet One by The Who

5) In the Quiet Morning by Janis Joplin

4) Your Silent Face by New Order

3) A Kind of Hush by The Carpenters

2) Silence is Golden by the Tremeloes

and #1!!!!

It's Oh So Quiet by Bjork

Animated GIF

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Absolutely this…The most important thing in any football club is the team on the park every Saturday and playing to win leagues, cups etc. 
All the other stuff can follow in due course when you have a fan  base that has been starved of quality for so long and one that is absolutely pig sick of fresh air fantasies - still no ST for me until the on-field activities improve substantially. 

Edited by bejazz1
Missed punctuation etc