The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Dorrans is a quality signing.  Jealous c**t.

A 34yr old who has been playing soccer as of recently, one location where players go to end their career.

The little I seen of him at Dundee, he was a shadow of the player he was, similar at rangers too with his game being all about energy, he can't run now. Alston would've been a cheaper version for you, also a pars fan too 

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A 34yr old who has been playing soccer as of recently, one location where players go to end their career.

The little I seen of him at Dundee, he was a shadow of the player he was, similar at rangers too with his game being all about energy, he can't run now. Alston would've been a cheaper version for you, also a pars fan too 

Dundee fans who watched him have been complimentary about him. He was in good form at Dundee when he took the deal in A-League.

Certainly plays deeper these days, but we need somebody sitting deep more than attacking players anyway, Our attacking options are the best outside the Premier League.

Edited by Chubbychops

15 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Dundee fans who watched him have been complimentary about him. He was in good form at Dundee when he took the deal in A-League.

Certainly plays deeper these days, but we need somebody sitting deep more than attacking players anyway, Our attacking options are the best outside the Premier League.

@DA Baracus your boy needs telt here.

Edit: I agree with you Mr Chops. DA look exceedingly strong going forward. Still, I'm sure Jaime "Jaime" Wilson will be powering them in for us with gay abandon soon.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

You've clearly not seen Anton Dowds, Aidan Keena or Jaime Wilson play football mate.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You've clearly not seen Anton Dowds, Aidan Keena or Jaime Wilson play football mate.

Smell the strong scent of sarcasm in this post. Never seen the other two  but surprised Keena has not been a success. Quite like him when he was with us.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Smell the strong scent of sarcasm in this post. Never seen the other two  but surprised Keena has not been a success. Quite like him when he was with us.

They make Todorov, Ohara and Wighton look like Firmino, Salah and Mane.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Dundee were a car crash struggling to stay above Arbroath and the second season they had too many similar players, I doubt there was any tears when he left to play soccer especially with the typical Dundee wage he would've been on.

If Todorov, O'Hara and Wigton is the best outside the top league then by fuk help us, tho that array of stars will help Dorrans fit in quickly from his time playing soccer/retiring

10 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

It could be worse Dorrans signs a two year deal with our fife neighbours….

Would that be East Fife, as they are the only Fife team we will play in the league next season? 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

I actually saw a lot of Dorrans last season in the A League as one of my mates here is a big WSW fan.

To me he looked consistently off the pace and made a lot of late challenges , causing him to get booked just about every match. He looked like he was blowing out his arse towards the end of each game when he wasn't suspended.

I'm interested to see how he does in the Scottish Championship as there is no doubt he was once an excellent player. Released early from his contract due to family reasons back home I heard. 

33 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I actually saw a lot of Dorrans last season in the A League as one of my mates here is a big WSW fan.

To me he looked consistently off the pace and made a lot of late challenges , causing him to get booked just about every match. He looked like he was blowing out his arse towards the end of each game when he wasn't suspended.

I'm interested to see how he does in the Scottish Championship as there is no doubt he was once an excellent player. Released early from his contract due to family reasons back home I heard. 

Yeah, theres little doubt Dorrans was a quality plaer, theres also little doubt that all players, even good ones go off a cliff eventually. Its really not surprising to see a previously good player suddenly unable to compete. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, theres little doubt Dorrans was a quality plaer, theres also little doubt that all players, even good ones go off a cliff eventually. Its really not surprising to see a previously good player suddenly unable to compete. 

I’m just reminded of when Michael Chopra played for Alloa in the Championship! Still only 32 at the time. 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

If Todorov, O'Hara and Wigton is the best outside the top league then by fuk help us,

All young players that have improved with age. Sounds like you are a bit out of touch with football at our level.

15 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Shay Logan is a cracking signing for Cove, I must admit their last few signings are at least showing a statement of intent, while we piss around signing trialists, family members, and kids from the development squad. We may or may not have a game on Saturday, I'm hoping the latter just so we don't have to endure Dowds leading the line, Wilson coming on as sub and playing like a competition winner, and Megginson helping himself to a Hat-trick.

Our board could have tried to get Shay Logan, but would have ended up getting and playing Shay London...

Spoiler

6.jpg?ver=1612182629

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

As you come to the end of your career. You compensate for your declining fitness with the experience you got in your earlier career.

Two players come to mind at Falkirk George Miller and Alex Scott, the pace had gone but their football brain was on another level. Great players that made better players of those around them - that's what made them great.

Most club supporters could give similar examples.

That's where a good manager comes in. Spotting these players that can make that transition.

Does anyone know if we’re back in training? I know all of Falkirk FC was WFH until Monday at least

Hilarious how underprepared we are for this season. I suppose we’ve tried every other method in trying to have a successful campaign - let’s try the no match fitness no strikers route this year! 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

All young players that have improved with age. Sounds like you are a bit out of touch with football at our level.

If only games were on TV ☺️

I wasn't the one claiming that two 24yr olds and a 22yr old with a collective career goal total of around 60 goals were the best in Scotland outside the prem before a ball was kicked in the league, then claim I'm out of touch with football 😋