The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

It’s a Risk. But one id take. 

I'd have taken that risk instead of signing Wilson maybe but we're down to our last chance when it comes to strikers. We can't afford to take that size of a risk if you ask me.

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

We couldn't get green light for LC game till 4pm on the day of the game thanks to our governing body and you are asking for clarity 120+ hrs before a game !

The intelligent mind would think lottery and given the background Thursday/Friday for a decision, given our governing body it could be Saturday or Sunday tho

Miller will be aok league one level, he excelled himself pre covid that some suggested he would do similar league up, still has it in his locker to do it league one for me

Asking twice about Fotheringham.

Is it so boring in Canada ?

To me he's done. His effort against Hamilton summed him up. Far too slow now and he was never exactly quick.  Our lack of legs in the middle of the park has been a major problem in the last two seasons and that's been because of playing guys like him in there. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me he's done. His effort against Hamilton summed him up. Far too slow now and he was never exactly quick.  Our lack of legs in the middle of the park has been a major problem in the last two seasons and that's been because of playing guys like him in there. 

I hope that when everyone is fit and we get (when?!) a few new faces in, that Miller will effectively be a utility backup player for RB, CB or CM. If he's considered a main starter in our best XI then we're in trouble.

Guest Caractacus Potts

If the new Supporters Association starts up next month, do you think the board will be waiting to see the uptake on that before we see any more faces? Window closes the end of August and it doesn’t seem like they want to put any extra money in at the moment judging on recent signings. 

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Asking twice about Fotheringham.

Is it so boring in Canada ?

Asked before and got generally poor reports that addressed out of depth and such. Now asking where it seemed he might be suited, sorry to bother. Canada, eh?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Asked before and got generally poor reports that addressed out of depth and such. Now asking where it seemed he might be suited, sorry to bother. Canada, eh?

Coming off the bench when the opposition has tired is where you'll see the best of him. He's positive on the ball and generally will have a go at his man but he never really had any end product with us. 

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If the new Supporters Association starts up next month, do you think the board will be waiting to see the uptake on that before we see any more faces? Window closes the end of August and it doesn’t seem like they want to put any extra money in at the moment judging on recent signings. 

I am becoming as repetitive as Hope Street Walker on here with me continually saying that we won't be signing anybody else, we're going to work with what we've got. If, however, I am proven wrong and we are going to be signing a striker, it needs to be done now and not at the end of August. Just as a reminder, our August fixtures are: 

Cove (A)

Peterhead (H)

Airdrie (A)

Clyde (H)

Q P (H)

If we have nobody to score goals we could be well off the pace by the start of September. We need a marquee signing now (well, what passes as a marquee signing at our level anyway).

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I am becoming as repetitive as Hope Street Walker on here with me continually saying that we won't be signing anybody else, we're going to work with what we've got. If, however, I am proven wrong and we are going to be signing a striker, it needs to be done now and not at the end of August. Just as a reminder, our August fixtures are: 

Cove (A)

Peterhead (H)

Airdrie (A)

Clyde (H)

Q P (H)

If we have nobody to score goals we could be well off the pace by the start of September. We need a marquee signing now (well, what passes as a marquee signing at our level anyway).

More likely to be a pop up tent than a marquee.

12 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Blame superscout Holt. The person I feel sorry for the most is Sheerin. He's a dead man walking if it goes pear shaped and yet the poor b*****d hasn't really done that much wrong so far, he certainly comes across well and has us at least trying to play football. Badly let down by Holts recruitment policy. Although Wilson is a dropped bollock that can only be attributed in no small part to Sheerin. 

After the starts to the last few seasons there is precious little patience or good will about.

Unfairly if we start badly Sheerin will be blamed when its clearly not his side.

Players are not stupid and potential signings will be put off by the distinct possibility of a clusterfuck after the first 10 games.

If ever we needed a good start to the season its this one. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Cove (A)

Peterhead (H)

Airdrie (A)

Clyde (H)

Q P (H)

Yeh I agree, I’m just trying to suss out the board’s position. Clearly they don’t want to spend any more at the moment. 

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Surely out his depth and such gives you the overall picture ?

But non contact football would suit him now, the future who knows

32 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Surely out his depth and such gives you the overall picture ?

But non contact football would suit him now, the future who knows

It gives an idea of his progress, but we have the boyo on a season long loan, so I’m trying to figure just how the feck he’ll play into the plans. We have another player who seems of similar skills, and suited to a CM/DM role, wondering if that is him likely going out on loan because Kia fills the same shaky boxes or not. You lot saw plenty of him, to your disappointment, so it seemed a fertile ground to seek further info from.

5 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Cove sign shay Logan and Russell Anderson’s boy.

Shay Logan should be a solid signing for us and can undoubtedly still play Championship. He's still got pace and good work-rate. He'll strengthen our defence.

Jevan is relatively unknown to me. Not sure how much he'll play or what kind of defender he truly is.

Next up a striker, hopefully.

10 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Cove sign shay Logan and Russell Anderson’s boy.

Anderson was on trial with us but we didn't offer him a deal.  Probably signed so they don't have to play Draper at centre half.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Anderson was on trial with us but we didn't offer him a deal.  Probably signed so they don't have to play Draper at centre half.

Seen Draper 3 times and bombscare each time. Wasted signing. Logan at RB means Scott Ross can come back into the centre and play alongside Strachan. Feel much better about this already. Jevan will be backup I think but like I said never seen him play. How did he look on trial?

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Seen Draper 3 times and bombscare each time. Wasted signing. Logan at RB means Scott Ross can come back into the centre and play alongside Strachan. Feel much better about this already. Jevan will be backup I think but like I said never seen him play. How did he look on trial?

He was solid against The Caley's tactic of shelling long balls to him all game.  We would've carved you open time and again if we actually passed it about.  We've got the players to do it.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He was solid against The Caley's tactic of shelling long balls to him all game.  We would've carved you open time and again if we actually passed it about.  We've got the players to do it.

He's decent in the air but shaky when players run at him. Prone to silly mistakes when playing out from the back. Almost gifted Duku a goal in the first half and then gave away a pen at the end.

Thought Vigurs and Fyvie carved ICT open to be honest and they controlled the midfield with Scully. Admittedly Dodds didn't get his midfield tactics right and Caley weren't playing anywhere near their best.