The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Still hoping for someone to come in, even on loan with a  bit of 'wow factor'. I doubt it but gotta dream!

The thing for me is I know there the argument that players don't want to be playing in league One.  However i was thinking about this at the weekend and if anyone at the club has any sense they would be  sweet talking potential players who have their doubts about dropping down,  and using the many past examples where players who have done well for us have gone to bigger things. 

If I was a player, and assuming the wages were suitable, I would have no issue dropping down a league or two.  If you are confident in your ability then you could be scoring for fun, making a name for yourself and getting interest (as well as the praise from the fans). 

I guess the negative side is if you fail and are found out to be pish, then yer days are numbered as a player....but I'd have thought there would be more players in the former camp. 

I presume that's a different wow from the wow how can we sign someone that shit after a 3 week trial when it comes to Wilson?

2 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Still hoping for someone to come in, even on loan with a  bit of 'wow factor'. I doubt it but gotta dream!

The thing for me is I know there the argument that players don't want to be playing in league One.  However i was thinking about this at the weekend and if anyone at the club has any sense they would be  sweet talking potential players who have their doubts about dropping down,  and using the many past examples where players who have done well for us have gone to bigger things. 

If I was a player, and assuming the wages were suitable, I would have no issue dropping down a league or two.  If you are confident in your ability then you could be scoring for fun, making a name for yourself and getting interest (as well as the praise from the fans). 

I guess the negative side is if you fail and are found out to be pish, then yer days are numbered as a player....but I'd have thought there would be more players in the former camp. 

Using past examples of FFC kickstarting careers is like the punch drunk slugger ' I used to be a contender '

That line was trashed over the last 4 years and that reputation will take years to rebuild.

If you are the type of player Falkirk are looking for then FFC are the last mob you would go to unless there are no other takers.

That mindset is shown in our signing or more pertinent the non signings. 

It's a bit irresponsible on the club's part of tickets attending sold when there is a strong chance the game may be off. Vice is a good 2 hour drive in each direction.

Expect a tweet on Friday evening advising it is off.  You can only hope That they are delaying the announcement as they are trying to.negotiate with Cove and the League a postponement rather than a forfeit.  Out yourself in Coves shoes. Would you take a 3-0 walk over against your main rivals for the league if it was available? It's tricky as it's sets a precedence going forward for the rest of the season. I think it was right to do that in the cups as they have time constraints, however, for the league it should be postponed and played later. It is not as if the club are at fault.

Still need to keep the fans appraised. It's basic customer service

1 minute ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

It's a bit irresponsible on the club's part of tickets attending sold when there is a strong chance the game may be off. Vice is a good 2 hour drive in each direction.

Expect a tweet on Friday evening advising it is off.  You can only hope That they are delaying the announcement as they are trying to.negotiate with Cove and the League a postponement rather than a forfeit.  Out yourself in Coves shoes. Would you take a 3-0 walk over against your main rivals for the league if it was available? It's tricky as it's sets a precedence going forward for the rest of the season. I think it was right to do that in the cups as they have time constraints, however, for the league it should be postponed and played later. It is not as if the club are at fault.

Why on earth would it be a forfeit? It’s the first game of the season FFS. The protocol is postponement, not difficult stuff. Doesn’t take any “negotiating” from us. 

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Using past examples of FFC kickstarting careers is like the punch drunk slugger ' I used to be a contender '

That line was trashed over the last 4 years and that reputation will take years to rebuild.

If you are the type of player Falkirk are looking for then FFC are the last mob you would go to unless there are no other takers.

Your negativity becomes extremely tiresome.

57 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I’d rather they waited until they had something to announce rather than “we’re talking to the authorities and are waiting for their decision”. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

😴 

Just had an email with updates from the Falkirk Supporters Society. Whilst I appreciate being kept informed on what is happening, I want to know the identities of those involved before committing cash.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

44 minutes ago, Cologne said:

I’d rather they waited until they had something to announce rather than “we’re talking to the authorities and are waiting for their decision”. 

Why not do both ? Doesn't cost them anything for keeping fans updated.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just got an email with updates from the Falkirk Supporters Society. Whilst I appreciate being kept informed on what is happening, I want to know the identities of those involved before committing cash.

I think the idea is that you will have a say, along with others who put cash in, about who will represent you.

I don't think it's the guys currently organising it that will have the final say. They are just setting it up and perhaps walking away.

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Fucking hell where to start.

I’m not sure what Cove selling tickets for the game on Saturday has anything to do with us, until they’ve been informed by the SPFL that the game is off then they are quite rightly preparing for the game as usual. The 3-0 walkover for us the cup games only as there’s on other time for the ties to be played, league games will be rescheduled. Like they were last season. All this ‘delaying the announcement’ what a lot of shite. The club will be in contact with the SPFL and if it’s safe to play the game then it will go ahead if not it will be postponed I’d imagine it will all depend on further testing going on, how many players tested positive, what the level of contact was and how long the isolation has been.

Lastly if the club have nothing new to tell fans which is more than likely the case then what do you want them to say? The most important thing in all of this is the safety and well-being of the players which is a much bigger priority than letting fans know if a game will be going ahead in a weeks time.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just had an email with updates from the Falkirk Supporters Society. Whilst I appreciate being kept informed on what is happening, I want to know the identities of those involved before committing cash.

I think it’s a chap called Stuart Adam.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it’s a chap called Stuart Adam.

...and if Stuart decided to be at the head of it.....I'd be more than happy to participate and he would get my vote ! 

Others... I'm not so sure.

The problem with this is that you might end up with those who desire a blazer being involved just to get their feet under the table in the Boardroom. Will they really act in the fans best interests or just be sycophantic to those already on the Board?

This association needs a strong independent person heading it up.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

...and if Stuart decided to be at the head of it.....I'd be more than happy to participate and he would get my vote ! 

Others... I'm not so sure.

The problem with this is that you might end up with those who desire a blazer being involved just to get their feet under the table in the Boardroom. Will they really act in the fans best interests or just be sycophantic to those already on the Board?

This association needs a strong independent person heading it up.

That’s it for me too. The right grown up in the Boardroom who isn’t hamstrung with all sorts of confidentiality t&c nonsense could be good, but there’s as much chance of ending up with a Boardroom fan boy/girl who are in it for their own benefit, and will of course, deliver nothing beyond massaging their own ego. That’s always the risk.
Stuart Adam or a Kenny Jamieson type, then great. However, a fan boy type would be disastrous.