The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, brokeville said:

It’s good that the club are keeping the supporters informed regarding the weekend fixture with Cove…not!!

It’s disgraceful.

The fact you’ve used a “not” joke is bad enough. I’m not even gona bother with the rest of it…

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Having self isolated myself, it's 10 days from either first symptom, from when you failed the test of from your close contact with a positive test.  Not really hard arithmetic is it to work out. If the failed tests were conducted on the Wednesday, they come out of isolation at midnight on Friday.  That being so, there will be zero preparation and the players will only have been able to do keepie uppies in their back gardens and have zoom calls. Doesn't bode well for winning your first league game against the league favourites.

We could have trained for a month, without 3/4 more better players we were always struggling at Cove 

18 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Having self isolated myself, it's 10 days from either first symptom, from when you failed the test of from your close contact with a positive test.  Not really hard arithmetic is it to work out. If the failed tests were conducted on the Wednesday, they come out of isolation at midnight on Friday.  

Is it not midnight Saturday they come out of isolation? I think you're missing the word "and" from the guidance below. (copied from the NHS website). Or am I miscounting? 

If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you do not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is it not midnight Saturday they come out of isolation? I think you're missing the word "and" from the guidance below. (copied from the NHS website). Or am I miscounting? 

If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you do not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

Aye it's the remainder of the day you're contacted/test positive, plus 10 more days.

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

About time pro footballers did daily tests instead of self isolation. If all the players have two vaccinations surely that would be possible. It is in place in the NHS and food industry so surely a case could be made?

I don’t think many of the players will have had 2 doses yet given the age range

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Caractacus Potts

What I don’t get is why did the whole team have to isolate? Been several instances of players/managers getting positive tests but only close contacts having to isolate and the majority of the squad ok to continue.

Is it because of the relaxation of lockdown that these things have happened or have the protocols changed? 

Could be a farce of a season for all teams if they don’t change protocols for football. 

Andy nelson getting stick from Torquay fans and was pretty quick to like a tweet asking for him to return 😂😂😂

Didn’t realise that he preferred to go out clubbing rather than focusing on the football. 

Ik he’s missed a lot of games due to injury over the past years, but was decent when he actually “played” for us, so not sure if he’s the one.

Obviously nothing behind liking a Twitter post and I really doubt he would, but what r folks thoughts on our strikibg dept atm?

Edited by Mon_Eh_Bairns2018

22 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Andy nelson getting stick from Torquay fans and was pretty quick to like a tweet asking for him to return 😂😂😂

Didn’t realise that he preferred to go out clubbing rather than focusing on the football. 

Ik he’s missed a lot of games due to injury over the past years, but was decent when he actually “played” for us, so not sure if he’s the one.

Obviously nothing behind liking a Twitter post and I really doubt he would, but what r folks thoughts on our strikibg dept atm?

More trouble than he's worth. There's a reason he's at Torquay and it's not his ability with a ball.

35 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Our striking department at the moment wouldn't even get a game for @latapythelegend's Sunday team. We need someone who plays like Andy Nelson just not Andy Nelson. He comes with too much baggage off the park and injury wise, little white bags according to Dundee fans. 

This late on we're most likely going to have to rely on a loan which is hard to take especially when as some have said on here you've got a director of football and the best he's came up with on that front was Jaime Wilson and John Robertson. We need a miracle out the blue signing. Has Farid not got any young Moroccan mates? 

I hope this was a joke? Otherwise you’re an idiot!

Without information from the club how can fans be expected to buy tickets for a game and make arrangements to travel. If the games postponed then many may not be able to make the rearranged date. All we’re looking for is an update. Only the club has the information regarding the isolation dates. It’s not asking much. The clubs communication with the fans is not good enough.

6 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Without information from the club how can fans be expected to buy tickets for a game and make arrangements to travel. If the games postponed then many may not be able to make the rearranged date. All we’re looking for is an update. Only the club has the information regarding the isolation dates. It’s not asking much. The clubs communication with the fans is not good enough.

They are probably in dialogue with the SPFL just now to work out what's happening themselves. I'm sure as soon as they get the full picture they'll let us know. It is the SPFL we're talking about so we'll get the decision on Friday once Dundee's votes came out the junk folder.

19 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Just assume the game’s off and make other plans then if you need a week’s notice. It’s not like the game is being played in Mars.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We could have trained for a month, without 3/4 more better players we were always struggling at Cove 

Agreed, current squad especially in midfield would get bossed with Fyvie and Vigurs. That and the fact we are powderpuff up front. 

12 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Our striking department at the moment wouldn't even get a game for @latapythelegend's Sunday team. We need someone who plays like Andy Nelson just not Andy Nelson. He comes with too much baggage off the park and injury wise, little white bags according to Dundee fans. 

This late on we're most likely going to have to rely on a loan which is hard to take especially when as some have said on here you've got a director of football and the best he's came up with on that front was Jaime Wilson and John Robertson. We need a miracle out the blue signing. Has Farid not got any young Moroccan mates? 

Still hoping for someone to come in, even on loan with a  bit of 'wow factor'. I doubt it but gotta dream!

The thing for me is I know there the argument that players don't want to be playing in league One.  However i was thinking about this at the weekend and if anyone at the club has any sense they would be  sweet talking potential players who have their doubts about dropping down,  and using the many past examples where players who have done well for us have gone to bigger things. 

If I was a player, and assuming the wages were suitable, I would have no issue dropping down a league or two.  If you are confident in your ability then you could be scoring for fun, making a name for yourself and getting interest (as well as the praise from the fans). 

I guess the negative side is if you fail and are found out to be pish, then yer days are numbered as a player....but I'd have thought there would be more players in the former camp.