The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

If it is, which will be good for the away day aspect, it won’t be great from a football perspective. We won’t have trained for 10 days as a group & then need to face Hartley’s mob.  

Whilst I agree I’m optimistic. Although I would take a shite game as long as we win. 

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can we just talk about Motorhead on here please instead of our bollox football team and the minutiae of electronic payment systems?

I'll start.

Much maligned album Another Perfect Day is actually genius, with Shine a low key career highlight.

Saw the  Bomber tour at the Apollo 40 years ago (gulp)!

Actually had a wee listen to No Sleep ‘till Hammersmith the other night. 

4 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh that’s him. Just Googled and says his nickname is Eagle which he mentioned.

I think he came from McLachlan Street in Stenhousemuir.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Had tickets to see them at Barrowlands on their 1916 tour (The Almighty in support, a big personal fave) - gig was cancelled at the last minute and I couldn’t make the rescheduled date.  Still gutted!

11 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Had tickets to see them at Barrowlands on their 1916 tour (The Almighty in support, a big personal fave) - gig was cancelled at the last minute and I couldn’t make the rescheduled date.  Still gutted!

I was thankfully able to make the new date, it went from November to February from memory.

I won't rub salt in the wounds by telling you how good it was.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not a huge fan of them either but ace of spades was an epic tune and I must admit I thought Silver machine by Hawkwind was quality too. 

Silver Machine is an anthem but have to say Moonglum is my fav Hawks track 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Me too!
Was going to point out that the ex-Motörhead sound system at Brockville was awful.....but it might also have something to do my ears having been already almost blown off at the Apollo previously.....

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As an aside have any of you heard the Manics version of Fiction Factory Feels Like Heaven, fucking wow immense but then its the Manics. 

Perth's finest!

My favourite Motorhead story is the one where Philthy Animal Taylor is out his box on pharmaceuticals and strolls out into the courtyard of a block of flats wearing nothing but a loosely tied dressing gown. Seeing all the twitching curtains he keeps things cool by shouting "It's OK everybody, I'm on drugs".

Or Fast Eddie painting a houseboat and asking the owners if they can turn on Top Of The Pops in a minute, "because I'm on it tonight".

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

No the biggest Motorhead fan but would much rather chat about them than FFC just now. Their cover version of Bowie Heroes is brilliant and once watched a doc about Lemmy and he was an absolute fucking top bloke.

I want the Beatles in mono .... I quote this a lot

Unfortunately life isn't that simple in  2021 or beyond