The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Give us the "undisclosed" fee back we gave you for Ross and you can take your pick from Dowds, Keena plus a free Jaime Wilson.

How's he been so far for you? Might be too earlier to tell. Still think you'll loan in someone better in that position and Seb will play a bit part role.

Yeah those front 3 don't fill me with much enthusiasm it must be said. Give Hartley that offer he'd probably still hand out a 3 year deal!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Great wee story if true. I can’t recall if our PA was decent or awful or even if it was changed out at some point in the 1980s? Clearly it could never perform as their sound system for gigs. Must have had some sort of function, but can’t think what….if it’s PA stuff like Tannoy speakers.

Apparently, the speakers donated were the bands monitors however he did say they were pretty much done as they were blasted due to the usual range that they band used in their songs. 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How's he been so far for you? Might be too earlier to tell. Still think you'll loan in someone better in that position and Seb will play a bit part role.

Yeah those front 3 don't fill me with much enthusiasm it must be said. Give Hartley that offer he'd probably still give a 3 year deal!

I have only seen Ross as sub last week, far too early to tell but he looked more mobile and effective than Josh Todd but thats not the best measuring tool 

26 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Just off topic but a work colleague relayed to me a wee story about how the old PA system at Brockville once belonged to Motörhead and was donated to the club by one of the roadies who was a big Falkirk fan. Said his name was Ian apparently but couldn’t remember his surname. 

First time I’ve heard of it but good wee bit of trivia. One of the many reasons to love Brockville. 

I've seen interviews with a Scottish roadie of theirs, think his name was Ian Dobbie.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Never mind covid, where's our striker? The league possibly starts in a week.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip, the striker recruitment has been absolutely disgusting.

Noticed that Ruth wasn’t involved in the Aberdeen squad the other evening, surely inevitable he comes on loan once the covid situation is settled. 

Ruth, Wilson, Dowds and Keena ( staying fit) give me the fear.

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah those front 3 don't fill me with much enthusiasm it must be said. Give Hartley that offer he'd probably still hand out a 3 year deal!

Haven't saw enough really, but that applies to most of the squad, Dixon has looked our best player so far and he's been playing centre half. The two full backs have looked ok, Williamson in particular needs no encouragement to go forward. We seem to have plenty that can play the attacking mid/wide role in Telfer, Nesbitt, Mcguffie, Morrison, but there's been nothing up front, Sheerin seems to favour a lone striker or at least that's how we have started games, Dowds, Keena and Wilson have all featured but the latter really looks out his depth, scored a Hat-trick against Irvine Meadow and we give him a two year contract. Madness. 

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I have only seen Ross as sub last week, far too early to tell but he looked more mobile and effective than Josh Todd but thats not the best measuring tool 

He definitely has mobility and a bit of pace. Quite slight built. If he could improve his end product he might be an asset and not a wasted signing

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've seen interviews with a Scottish roadie of theirs, think his name was Ian Dobbie.

Yeh that’s him. Just Googled and says his nickname is Eagle which he mentioned.

17 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Noticed that Ruth wasn’t involved in the Aberdeen squad the other evening, surely inevitable he comes on loan once the covid situation is settled. 

Definitely need another one in there to provide something different. Ruth might come good but we can't solely rely on that not when we've got a league to win. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Can we just talk about Motorhead on here please instead of our bollox football team and the minutiae of electronic payment systems?

I'll start.

Much maligned album Another Perfect Day is actually genius, with Shine a low key career highlight.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can we just talk about Motorhead on here please instead of our bollox football team and the minutiae of electronic payment systems?

I'll start.

Much maligned album Another Perfect Day is actually genius, with Shine a low key career highlight.

Not too knowledgable about their back catalogue but did see them at the SECC in 2007 along with Joan Jett as support for Alice Cooper. Fantastic gig!

Will definitely have a listen to the album you suggest. Any other recommendations are appreciated. Have the wealth of choice on Spotify but never know what to listen to!

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Or he is going to Cove. 

5 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Not too knowledgable about their back catalogue but did see them at the SECC in 2007 along with Joan Jett as support for Alice Cooper. Fantastic gig!

Will definitely have a listen to the album you suggest. Any other recommendations are appreciated. Have the wealth of choice on Spotify but never know what to listen to!

After 30 seconds thought the other albums that stand out to me are:

Ace of Spades

Overkill

Orgasmatron

Inferno.

But they have 22 studio albums plus innumerable live things so there's so much to get stuck into. I've been picking up the 22 on CD over the last couple of years. Only 2 to go!

Edit to add the tremendous "1916" album to the recommendations.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'd guess the ease of setting up PayPal and passing security on to them was the easiest way to do it quickly and secure.

The IT area of the club has never been its strong point tho could repeat that about most areas 

Online facilities are easy to set up. Things like Sagepay are just as secure but much less in terms of cost.  

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

After 30 seconds thought the other albums that stand out to me are:

Ace of Spades

Overkill

Orgasmatron

Inferno.

But they have 22 studio albums plus innumerable live things so there's so much to get stuck into. I've been picking up the 22 on CD over the last couple of years. Only 2 to go!

Bomber would've been a top track for when Brian Brown ran out .

Think we need to look at signing another left back. With only Dixon, McCann, Williamson, Lemon and Sneddon currently signed think at least another is required.  Title winning side are all built on solid full backs.  

Or maybe the club South and do something outrageous and sign Andy Carroll on a Stainrod-like deal.

4 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Think we need to look at signing another left back. With only Dixon, McCann, Williamson, Lemon and Sneddon currently signed think at least another is required.  

Found this far funnier than I should have