The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Remind me - what was the score before the penalty?

This is 2021, your auntie very well may have balls. 

What’s your argument here? Is it simply that if we are ahead, and the opposition don’t score, we’d win the game? You could apply that logic to every single game when you are ahead to come up with a reason why you should win every time.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What’s your argument here? Is it simply that if we are ahead, and the opposition don’t score, we’d win the game? You could apply that logic to every single game when you are ahead to come up with a reason why you should win every time.

Hmm. Not sure about that. I was pretty damned sure the match was going to end in a draw (purely on the basis that it started 0-0 at kick-off) 😂

16 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Imagine if somebody had said to you 10 years ago that in 2021 you’d be fairly satisfied if Falkirk’s squad wasn’t far away in quality from the squad of Cove Rangers !!! Just say that slowly and digest it.

f**k me what a mess we’ve made of things.

True enough. Think back to, say, when Yogi left. Has any manager or signing since provided excitement or hope? 

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I was more critical of the team than most from the Hamilton game but I'd have to admit minus the Miller moment and we would've won that game.

I don't know if you watched the game but I think you'd struggle to find anyone who watched thinking otherwise re the Miller pen cost us.

Hamilton were the better team over the 90 but that doesn't always equal victory, I recall a game that was on Scotsport funnily against Hamilton where we were by far the better team but couldn't score and Hamilton ran out winners(sure the velcro vulture Craig Nelson had a dormer ofva game) The cruel world of football it is, tho our cruel world is deeper than just on the pitch.

11 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Another old pic from Brockville. Won`t fill in any of the details, except to say there`s someone in it who would be well known to fans of the 90`s era.

Brockville7.jpg

Billy Brown , on the right in his Raith days !

These commercial jobs you need to keep moving around on a regular basis really. Can't be easy coming up with new ideas when you've been in post for as long as he was at Falkirk. He'll be able to use a lot of his Falkirk ideas for a whole new fresh audience although only a few hundred of them I suppose. Won't be so easy getting local.buy in I'd have thought as most will support one half or the other of the arse cheeks.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

These commercial jobs you need to keep moving around on a regular basis really. Can't be easy coming up with new ideas when you've been in post for as long as he was at Falkirk. He'll be able to use a lot of his Falkirk ideas for a whole new fresh audience although only a few hundred of them I suppose. Won't be so easy getting local.buy in I'd have thought as most will support one half or the other of the arse cheeks.

Short term problem will be having no home ground to plaster with advertising.

59 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

££££, that’s why Dempster is there as well.

Exactly, the only reason anyone is at QP is because of what Willie Haughey is paying them. They don’t have a ground and based on the town/city they are based in they are surely the worst supported team in the country (based on attendance vs population %).

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly, the only reason anyone is at QP is because of what Willie Haughey is paying them. They don’t have a ground and based on the town/city they are based in they are surely the worst supported team in the country (based on attendance vs population %).

It was Leeann Dempster who offered him the Commercial gig at Hibs, but Hibs in the top flight paid less than FFC in the seaside league (because of his commission).

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good luck to him although the photo is like something from ‘Meet the Sales Team’ on the Arnold Clark website - cheesy as f**k 😂 

Absolutely this. Only thing missing is “£11995” on the car windscreen behind him..

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They do have a massive untapped support on their doorstep in the Asian Community i'm sure he'll be thinking up some plan. Curry Night standards should be better through there though.

11 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

They do have a massive untapped support on their doorstep in the Asian Community i'm sure he'll be thinking up some plan. Curry Night standards should be better through there though.

Without sounding stereotypical, there aren't many Asian supporters in Scottish football. I think most tend to support English teams.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

True enough. Think back to, say, when Yogi left. Has any manager or signing since provided excitement or hope? 

2015/16 under Houston was, in my opinion, the last time we had a team to be proud of. I used to genuinely look forward to going to games every week during that season. That one year was kind of an anomaly when bundled together with the last decade of muck, though. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

33 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Without sounding stereotypical, there aren't many Asian supporters in Scottish football. I think most tend to support English teams.

It would be absolutely fantastic if EVERY Scottish club could connect with their local Asian community. If you don't ask, you don't get. 

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely this. Only thing missing is “£11995” on the car windscreen behind him..

I agree, not the best of 'photos, but if he does the business, who knows, time will tell. See you guys on the 28th August.