The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Genuinely have no idea but our gaffer was in the paper saying it was pish that we were being told to fulfil the fixture yet couldn't use trialists and he was trying to source amateurs just to play the game. 

They're not forcing clubs to play games. Sounds like he tried to chance it with trialists, got told no and then had a tantrum.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What sort of money do we think the new signings are on? Lemon, Williamson, Weekes, Martin and Holt Jr.? £10 - £15k per annum? There’s £50 - £75k per annum wages that we could have used towards paying a decent striker and another central midfielder, surely? Because I’ll say it again, I think we are being conned and we ain’t gonna see any “quality” players coming in, they’re going to try and scrape by with what we’ve got.

It’s not just about the wages they are on but the wages their replacements in the development team are on. Presumably they will need others to fill their spots if that is indeed where they were supposed to be playing. 

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What sort of money do we think the new signings are on? Lemon, Williamson, Weekes, Martin and Holt Jr.? £10 - £15k per annum? There’s £50 - £75k per annum wages that we could have used towards paying a decent striker and another central midfielder, surely? Because I’ll say it again, I think we are being conned and we ain’t gonna see any “quality” players coming in, they’re going to try and scrape by with what we’ve got.

At least 40k between them plus Holt’s 50K. That gives you a real top quality striker or other position or 2 decent players. But hey, we’ve got dowds and Wilson 😀

Guest Back Post Misses
9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

For all Hamilton huffed and puffed, we were winning that until Miller's brainfart for the penalty. 

If my Auntie had baws 

Guest Back Post Misses
54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

They've not said, they just keep saying 'a number' but not clarifying exactly how many. If anything and as horrible as it is we should be hoping it's a fair few instead of us going up against Cove with a depleted squad the game would just get rearranged. Would give us another week to get the finger out and bring in a few signings as well.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Serious question with the new season imminent, does anyone think we will win this league?

Since holts come in we've gone even further backwards than I thought possible. I don't buy this there are no decent strikers out there argument either, last season Partick found graham, rudden and tiffoney. cove have megginson. 

As things stand I think we could possibly make a play off position. The only unknown for me is how good a coach sheerin might or might not be

I sat this morning and looked at the squads the other league 1 teams have and apart from cove’s settled squad (not many ins and outs and the ins look pretty good IMO) and airdrie who have almost a new squad who will need to hit the ground running we’re not that far away. We all know the areas we need quality in, just hope the DOF does but it doesn’t look like it.

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I sat this morning and looked at the squads the other league 1 teams have and apart from cove’s settled squad (not many ins and outs and the ins look pretty good IMO) and airdrie who have almost a new squad who will need to hit the ground running we’re not that far away. We all know the areas we need quality in, just hope the DOF does but it doesn’t look like it.

Airdrie just went in dry on a Premiership team so they seem to be breaking into at least a jog already.

We're still lying on the sofa munching last night's chips.

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Imagine if somebody had said to you 10 years ago that in 2021 you’d be fairly satisfied if Falkirk’s squad wasn’t far away in quality from the squad of Cove Rangers !!! Just say that slowly and digest it.

f**k me what a mess we’ve made of things.

48 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Airdrie just went in dry on a Premiership team so they seem to be breaking into at least a jog already.

We're still lying on the sofa munching last night's chips.

To be fair the Motherwell team they went in dry on look shocking after a bad campaign last season and the loss of Gallagher & Campbell won't have helped. Queens Park also dominated the game against them. Cove scudded Inverness but look shakey at the back, Inverness missed quite a few chances.

Queens Park look the best of the lot for me with Brown pulling the strings in the middle of the park whilst Gallagher does the dirty work for them. Murray running about like a blue arsed fly up top pulling defenders all over the shop(exactly what we're missing) Longridge and Biggar providing a bit of attacking threat from the wings. They've also got wing backs capable of getting up and down the park in Robson/Yeats and Doyle on the other side. Petet Grant at centre back who's relatively solid when fit. They still have their weaknesses and don't seem to have much depth like us so hopefully we're the ones that go out and recruit a bit more quality.

7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Mutch will be away to Dundee Utd

We've no chance of any more permanent signings at this stage

Breaches of Covid protocols due to mismanagement

Clubs won't loan Falkirk their players because we're a basket case

"We are in last chance saloon this season"  (without a single game played)
Lack of pre-season being used as an excuse for (not yet happened) poor results

Just another lovely day on P&B 😂

If Mutch does go we will get a pittance for him, that said he'd be away for nowt at the end of the season anyway. I wouldn't grudge the guy a move but he's not exactly been brilliant it might be the best thing for his career. Playing behind a defence made up of Hall, Durnan, Miller, Mercer, etc the last few seasons is enough for anyone's confidence to take a nose dive. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's maybe all a cunning plan. Holt and sheerin know we're shite so trying to get the first few league games cancelled in hope of us signing a couple of slightly better jobbers.

If Ruth is to be our new number 9 for me it's a massive gamble. The lad just hasn't scored goals and you just can't run with four strikers who couldn't hit a barn door if your serious about trying to win a league.  The defence will be ok for league 1 if it's McCann, R Williamson, McKay and Dixon but the replacements are either kids or dung like Hall and Miller. The midfield has a bit creativity at last but now lacking a Gomis type to do the fetching and carrying if Hetherington gets injured. As others have said another decent centre back, midfield enforcer and a 20goal a season striker are must. If not it's another season in this no mans land of a league.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Imagine if somebody had said to you 10 years ago that in 2021 you’d be fairly satisfied if Falkirk’s squad wasn’t far away in quality from the squad of Cove Rangers !!! Just say that slowly and digest it.

And they still think they know best. 

Don't think so. Let's face it they ignored the rules to allow all the Eufa delegates in for the final. Didn't prevent Croatia and Czech Republic flying in and out for their games so doubt a bus ride from Middlesborough would be against the rules.

Would they not have to meet Scottish protocols to come up here and play the final game though?

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

If Ruth is to be our new number 9 for me it's a massive gamble. The lad just hasn't scored goals and you just can't run with four strikers who couldn't hit a barn door if your serious about trying to win a league.  The defence will be ok for league 1 if it's McCann, R Williamson, McKay and Dixon but the replacements are either kids or dung like Hall and Miller. The midfield has a bit creativity at last but now lacking a Gomis type to do the fetching and carrying if Hetherington gets injured. As others have said another decent centre back, midfield enforcer and a 20goal a season striker are must. If not it's another season in this no mans land of a league.

Be as well signing this Ruth.

download (6).jpeg

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t disagree, it deffo says more about us than it does about them. 
it’s been happening for years, look at Gretna and Livingston.