The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Rawlins are no fools, no promotion and the club will be emptied.

Fans are no fools either. No promotion and serious questions will be asked of them, if not already. They were the ones who came in with the big talk but have so far failed to do anything out of the ordinary.  Thus far- no great contacts, no extra investment, no great sponsorship deals, no genius ideas, poor communication, little transparency and continuously poor social media content.

They only own 26% so what would make them untouchable? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Serious question with the new season imminent, does anyone think we will win this league?

Since holts come in we've gone even further backwards than I thought possible. I don't buy this there are no decent strikers out there argument either, last season Partick found graham, rudden and tiffoney. cove have megginson. 

As things stand I think we could possibly make a play off position. The only unknown for me is how good a coach sheerin might or might not be

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

How's this  Mutch rumour started then? I thought he was shite and due dropping for months? Why would he be getting a move up the leagues?

See Alston, Kelly, Good and Connolly 

Utd won't pay even the little cash we would be looking for now.

38 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Ah, so there is light at the end of the tunnel then? 5th place will do me nicely🤞

Thing is, who exactly could they “empty”? They can call the shots with their shareholding to a certain degree, but if other shareholders go against them, then as things stand, they aren’t all powerful…..not yet. They could be if they bought further share options and had one or two others back them……but that would be expensive.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't understand why they keep saying all staff will isolate till Monday I take it on Monday they'll come in for another round of tests?

From my understanding there is no such thing as “coming in for a round of tests” this season, unlike last. Players do at home lateral flow tests maybe 2 or more times a week - a LOT cheaper for clubs but much less reliable I think 

25 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Serious question with the new season imminent, does anyone think we will win this league?

If the current squad is the squad we go with, no. If we sign a striker, a central midfielder and a back up centre back of at least decent quality, then yes.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Season barely underway and the levels of negativity are off the scale.

Sadly we have every right to be very, very concerned about our prospects in the season ahead.

Grim.

Levels of negativity? On this site?

Surely not!

😂

The striker and centre midfielder are make or break for us. The back up centre back would be nice to have so that diddy Hall gets nowhere near the starting 11 but the centre mid and striker are the players who'll win us games. Currently we've only got Telfer and Hetherington capable of playing in the middle of the park and an injury to either of them would see us scunnert. Miller can as well but I'm not counting him as an option as we'd be as well playing with 10 men. Mcguffie/Ross are more suited to the 10. 

If we bring in a decent centre midfielder with a bit of energy about them then Telfer could be pushed further up the park giving him the free role to go and affect games. On the wing we're basically sorted with Nesbitt/Mcguffie/Morrison/Weekes as options and I think there's enough creativity there with Telfer to help us break down teams. We just need someone in who's going to finish the chances we create at the top end of the park.

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:
56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
If the current squad is the squad we go with, no. If we sign a striker, a central midfielder and a back up centre back of at least decent quality, then yes.

Nailed it, more quality through the spine of the team and we can do alright.

There’s not many teams who couldn’t say the same thing regarding their squad. A few quality signings makes all the difference to most. Whether we get them or not is yet to be seen. 

How many guys do you have out with covid? 

When we had our outbreak we forfeited the St Mirren game as it happened the day before, but we were told in no uncertain circumstances that we had to play the Stenny game 3 days later which led to us signing two lads on amateur deals just to get enough players. I'm assuming that Falkirk's outbreak has more players out than we did but I still find it a bit shite that we were forced to sign players to play a game but others are being allowed to forfeit. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

When we had our outbreak we forfeited the St Mirren game as it happened the day before, but we were told in no uncertain circumstances that we had to play the Stenny game 3 days later which led to us signing two lads on amateur deals just to get enough players. I'm assuming that Falkirk's outbreak has more players out than we did but I still find it a bit shite that we were forced to sign players to play a game but others are being allowed to forfeit. 

They've not said, they just keep saying 'a number' but not clarifying exactly how many. If anything and as horrible as it is we should be hoping it's a fair few instead of us going up against Cove with a depleted squad the game would just get rearranged. Would give us another week to get the finger out and bring in a few signings as well.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Serious question with the new season imminent, does anyone think we will win this league

I’ll wait and see what our final squad looks like. Badly need a decent striker, central midfielder and another centre half.

The quality of the league is really poor so if we make those signings and a decent start then we have a chance.

2 above are 2 big caveats for me though.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why were you forced to play the second game?

Ross County and now ourselves have scratched twice now, so why not Dumbarton?

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why were you forced to play the second game?

Ross County and now ourselves have scratched twice now, so why not Dumbarton?

Genuinely have no idea but our gaffer was in the paper saying it was pish that we were being told to fulfil the fixture yet couldn't use trialists and he was trying to source amateurs just to play the game. 

What sort of money do we think the new signings are on? Lemon, Williamson, Weekes, Martin and Holt Jr.? £10 - £15k per annum? There’s £50 - £75k per annum wages that we could have used towards paying a decent striker and another central midfielder, surely? Because I’ll say it again, I think we are being conned and we ain’t gonna see any “quality” players coming in, they’re going to try and scrape by with what we’ve got.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Fans are no fools either. No promotion and serious questions will be asked of them, if not already. They were the ones who came in with the big talk but have so far failed to do anything out of the ordinary.  Thus far- no great contacts, no extra investment, no great sponsorship deals, no genius ideas, poor communication, little transparency and continuously poor social media content.

They only own 26% so what would make them untouchable? 

having the Boaard in their back pocket and suppliant makes them untouchable