The Falkirk FC Thread

Mutch will be away to Dundee Utd

We've no chance of any more permanent signings at this stage

Breaches of Covid protocols due to mismanagement

Clubs won't loan Falkirk their players because we're a basket case

"We are in last chance saloon this season"  (without a single game played)
Lack of pre-season being used as an excuse for (not yet happened) poor results

Just another lovely day on P&B 😂

They were based in England during the tournament so probably something to do with different protocols.

Are the covid protocols that we put in place not supposed to prevent whole teams having to self isolate? I mean how can Billy gilmour be with a squad for weeks  play a whole match  test positive and yet not one other player in his squad had to isolate yet here we are closing the whole stadium down basically. 

With the awarding the 3 points i can understand that when the country was in lockdown but the whole of the UK is pretty much level 0 now and with on average of 30-50000 infection per day in this case i wouldnt say the club is at fault and its more an issue with the guidelines/easing of restrictions.  Players prob havent broken any protocol so sure the SFA/SPFL guidelines need to be adjusted to suit the current Government rules. 

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Mutch will be away to Dundee Utd

We've no chance of any more permanent signings at this stage

Breaches of Covid protocols due to mismanagement

Clubs won't loan Falkirk their players because we're a basket case

"We are in last chance saloon this season"  (without a single game played)
Lack of pre-season being used as an excuse for (not yet happened) poor results

Just another lovely day on P&B 😂

To be honest its not beyond the realm of possibility that we wouldn't be able to sust6ain full time football beyond this year so we desperately need to go up this year. 

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

With the awarding the 3 points i can understand that when the country was in lockdown but the whole of the UK is pretty much level 0 now and with on average of 30-50000 infection per day in this case i wouldnt say the club is at fault and its more an issue with the guidelines/easing of restrictions.  Players prob havent broken any protocol so sure the SFA/SPFL guidelines need to be adjusted to suit the current Government rules. 

There's no assumption of wrongdoing when the points are awarded in a League Cup game, it's simply that there isn't time to reschedule the match before the next round and therefore the clubs agreed to this approach for this competition.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

To be honest its not beyond the realm of possibility that we wouldn't be able to sust6ain full time football beyond this year so we desperately need to go up this year. 

Question is if we dont go up this year or depending on our standing by the mid of the season will GD fall on his sword this time or will it "not be in the best interests of the club" and also the other failure should be on Holts behalf for not having secured signing before start or well before start of season

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Question is if we dont go up this year or depending on our standing by the mid of the season will GD fall on his sword this time or will it "not be in the best interests of the club" and also the other failure should be on Holts behalf for not having secured signing before start or well before start of season

If he led the club to another season at this level the pressure would surely be too much and he'd be out the door. The Rawlins won't want to be dealing with a part time club. 

Edited by latapythelegend

Just now, craigkillie said:

There's no assumption of wrongdoing when the points are awarded in a League Cup game, it's simply that there isn't time to reschedule the match before the next round and therefore the clubs agreed to this approach for this competition.

The thing about it is we have had covid for near going on 2 years now and its glaringly obvious that it isnt going to go away anytime soon, The thing is as much as i agree with your point that ruling is probably still going to be applied in the league no doubt which is going to put further pressures on teams/budgets.

Long term planning isnt something the SFA/SPFL is any good at, however being short sighted and no adjusting when restrictions change is

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Season barely underway and the levels of negativity are off the scale.

Sadly we have every right to be very, very concerned about our prospects in the season ahead.

Grim.

The negativity is on scales of one f proportions.

As much as i like to try and keep a positive outlook on things theres the start reminder we are Falkirk and we dont do positivity well given the fact the past 4-5 seasons there hasnt been much to be positive about

I don’t think we’re even close to being the most negative fan base in the country. 

Even last summer when we had an as yet unproven (bad or good) M&M, a few additions who we thought would bring some decent quality (Alston, Keena, Dowds, Morrison) the mood on here was pretty positive. Same with season before. This summer however, now we have a guy on 50k who’s job is to give us a good transfer window, has been the most  pathetic in my memory and we have only been let down for the last about decade. 

4 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I don’t think we’re even close to being the most negative fan base in the country. 

Even last summer when we had an as yet unproven (bad or good) M&M, a few additions who we thought would bring some decent quality (Alston, Keena, Dowds, Morrison) the mood on here was pretty positive. Same with season before. This summer however, now we have a guy on 50k who’s job is to give us a good transfer window, has been the most  pathetic in my memory and we have only been let down for the last about decade. 

True.

In my earlier post I was obviously not taking into account the blindly loyal COYB Facebook types but reflecting the feelings of the more discerning supporters who need a wee bit more than a cheery photo of Sam McGivern to satisfy them.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And 1st prize for stating the bleedin' obvious goes to. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Suspense Anticipation GIF

PedroMoutinho!!!!!!!

Aw diddums, did that big, bad man Bairn in Exile tease @PedroMoutinho  on Pie and Bovril so you gave him a reddie?

Snow Snowing GIF

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are the covid protocols that we put in place not supposed to prevent whole teams having to self isolate? I mean how can Billy gilmour be with a squad for weeks  play a whole match  test positive and yet not one other player in his squad had to isolate yet here we are closing the whole stadium down basically. 

Protocols are there to try and limit the spread in these environments but they aren't fool proof. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I take it there is a 100% chance of the Ayr game on Saturday being postponed? Surprised they haven't called it as yet.

Has it been confirmed how many players are positive/close contacts? It might be they're waiting for much of the squad to return negative tests to allow them to play.