The Falkirk FC Thread

Heard Martindale at Ferranti state that unless rules are relaxed that covid again will play a big part in this season hence reason he wants a bigger squad with more quality

We are woefully short in both departments. Things go tits up Holt could bolt, he's got previous.

27 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Heard Martindale at Ferranti state that unless rules are relaxed that covid again will play a big part in this season hence reason he wants a bigger squad with more quality

We are woefully short in both departments. Things go tits up Holt could bolt, he's got previous.

We don’t have the sort of luck required for ‘Holt to bolt’ in any set of circumstances. 

6 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I hope the falkirk support aren’t dumb enough to think Sheerin and Grainger are the ones to blame for the shitshow that’s about to unfurl. 

Unfit, unprepared, nowhere near enough quality, lack of depth, hated DOF who sniffs about the training pitch. The only saving grace is I don’t see us being anything other than abject from the start, unlike last season. 

I think the majority of fans realise that the problem at our club runs much deeper than Sheerin and Grainger - I certainly hope so anyway.

I’ve never felt a lack of excitement prior to a season starting in my life. We are short of a goalkeeper, centre half, centre midfielder and centre forward minimum which means the reality is we won’t challenge for the title - if that’s the case, in Division 3, it’s an embarrassment.

I really worry that we will be the least fit team in the league and can imagine we’ll see some horrendous performances and results this season.

😢 

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Forget the GK, that's not happening.

The other 3 though, definitely agree. 

Not so sure. It DU lose their keeper I would not be surprised if Mutch headed there as a back up. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who knows what will happen. Beating Albion Rovers convincingly was encouraging but the Hamilton result was entirely predictable given our record of failing to beat a FT time team now in 27 months.   

For all Hamilton huffed and puffed, we were winning that until Miller's brainfart for the penalty. 

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Completely scuppers any trialists we were going to bring in to have a look at as well.

I think anybody coming in now with either be somebody picked up from development team trials or an already known quantity. Any trialists would (or rather should) be in early on in pre-season. 

14 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As many have posted, lack of games with the high probability that anyone lined up is now effectively shut out for ten days, puts huge pressure on GH PS getting new or loan players in. 
Increasingly looking like loanees will be the clubs only option now. 

Which begs the question why were we relying on trialists snd loanees in the first place. Source your targets, watch them, offer a deal,get deals done in plenty time. They do it at levels far lower than us.

Are the covid protocols that we put in place not supposed to prevent whole teams having to self isolate? I mean how can Billy gilmour be with a squad for weeks  play a whole match  test positive and yet not one other player in his squad had to isolate yet here we are closing the whole stadium down basically. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As many have posted, lack of games with the high probability that anyone lined up is now effectively shut out for ten days, puts huge pressure on GH PS getting new or loan players in. 
Increasingly looking like loanees will be the clubs only option now. 

Loanees are not the clubs only option but it looks increasingly like that is the road we are going to go down in order to bring in more quality. That and ‘promoting’ young players from the development team. 

Holt’s 3 players for every position is fast becoming another myth. Might be true but I could rattle off 3 targets but means nothing if we can’t obtain them. The development players brought in were presumably not part of those 3 either so beggars the question who is on Holt’s list!?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are the covid protocols that we put in place not supposed to prevent whole teams having to self isolate? I mean how can Billy gilmour be with a squad for weeks  play a whole match  test positive and yet not one other player in his squad had to isolate yet here we are closing the whole stadium down basically. 

Its certainly odd. The stadium is open as normal though. Shire had a game on last night and the stadium was in use as normal.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Because they make up it as they go along. Remember the England players Gilmour who came into contact with had to isolate too but not the boys that sat next to him on the bus or had a laugh with him at training.       

10 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Which begs the question why were we relying on trialists snd loanees in the first place. Source your targets, watch them, offer a deal,get deals done in plenty time. They do it at levels far lower than us.

It's far from ideal we are scrambling around for key signings at this stage but of course they can still happen.

What gets me is we all know we have had this DOF since January and the BOD tell us with a straight face he is working 12 hour days - What is he doing, and whatever it is he isn't very good at it (it seems) !   

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It doesn’t look good at all for us atm- we’ve had very few games as it is over pre-season, now we’ve got even fewer.

You also don’t fancy us going up to Cove having not trained for 10 days.

And 1st prize for stating the bleedin' obvious goes to. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Suspense Anticipation GIF

PedroMoutinho!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Because they make up it as they go along. Remember the England players Gilmour who came into contact with had to isolate too but not the boys that sat next to him on the bus or had a laugh with him at training.       

Who was he sitting next to on the bus?

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not so sure. It DU lose their keeper I would not be surprised if Mutch headed there as a back up. 

I doubt they would be paying money for a back up. DU are in a dire situation with money, tho they can be clueless with it..

Who can forget them loaning McNulty on thousands then asking the other players/staff to take a pay cut 🙂