The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Cammy Smith and Ryan Blair.

Yeah Cammy Smith, should have known that. He was an inspiring young prodigy at Aberdeen.  From Balmedie on the outskirts of Aberdeen, a few miles away from Balmoral Stadium 😂. He would be a quality signing/scoop for any league 1 team. Will have suitors from higher, interesting to see where he ends up

Some absolute weapon on the club's Facebook page saying they should have been following all rules and more - never visiting a pub / restaurant etc..

Swear to f**k that some folk would have everyone welded inside their fucking hoose for ever more.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Some absolute weapon on the club's Facebook page saying they should have been following all rules and more - never visiting a pub / restaurant etc..

Swear to f**k that some folk would have everyone welded inside their fucking hoose for ever more.

I've had to stop myself from looking at it. Choosing to ignore how incredibly dense a depressingly significant portion of our fanbase are is good for the soul.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Arbroath didn’t call off due to Covid 

Arbroath didn’t call off at all as it was never a fixture for them.

Vaccination of the younger group is the key. Because our positive levels have been generally low up to now it is expected that the younger group will be hit . Sadly this includes football players and Olympic athletes. It will settle with vaccination and reducing the need for self isolation through lft testing

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Please tell me Sean Kelly looked somewhat decent in a shite side last season and not just like some absolute jobber? :D 

Don......key whilst with us

We were informed he was great at going forward not so good defending and don't use him as a centre back from previous club fans. 

He didn't shine at anything, a freekick at Airdrie in the last game that was blacked out in live coverage his highlight, still haven't  seen his highlight..

He must have a good agent or has friends your manager had as clients in his previous work.

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Please tell me Sean Kelly looked somewhat decent in a shite side last season and not just like some absolute jobber? :D 

He looked pretty jobber tbh though I'm not convinced he was ever fully fit as he didn't seem to run much. Could probably get a gig in a mid-table Championship side but that is about his level I would say 

We better hope the Cove game is postponed otherwise an absolute shagging is on the cards.

After such a monumental f**k up of a pre-season I can't see anything other than a bad start. 

Watched Airdrie beat Motherwell and their fitness levels look night and day to us and in general just look a much better football team.

Edited by latapythelegend

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Don......key whilst with us

We were informed he was great at going forward not so good defending and don't use him as a centre back from previous club fans. 

He didn't shine at anything, a freekick at Airdrie in the last game that was blacked out in live coverage his highlight, still haven't  seen his highlight..

He must have a good agent or has friends your manager had as clients in his previous work.

2nd paragraph here probably explains why Martindale signed him.

B981FA11-8025-448F-AED4-EA927B4ACAE8.png

40 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We better hope the Cove game is postponed otherwise an absolute shagging is on the cards.

After such a monumental f**k up of a pre-season I can't see anything other than a bad start. 

Watched Airdrie beat Motherwell and their fitness levels look night and day to us and in general just look a much better football team.

We really are in the last chance saloon this season. If this goes into a tail spin yet again, there is no way on earth that Sheerin and Grainger’s reputations can be trashed while key board members along with Holt attempt to sail on feverishly trying to avoid accountability or responsibility for it. No more statements required.

The club/board/owners have taken the decision to go top heavy in terms of management structures, and squad lite in terms of experience and quality. The first team squad has been padded out in terms of numbers, but absolutely not in terms of quality.

Last season was the first time we won our opening game in 13 years. It might be a while until we repeat that feat. There are glimpses that Sheerin is trying hard to introduce a different brand of football. Are the owners/board/Holt giving the guy the players he needs to make it happen? Up to now, we should all have our doubts.

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We really are in the last chance saloon this season. If this goes into a tail spin yet again, there is no way on earth that Sheerin and Grainger’s reputations can be trashed while key board members along with Holt attempt to sail on feverishly trying to avoid accountability or responsibility for it. No more statements required.

The club/board/owners have taken the decision to go top heavy in terms of management structures, and squad lite in terms of experience and quality. The first team squad has been padded out in terms of numbers, but absolutely not in terms of quality.

Last season was the first time we won our opening game in 13 years. It might be a while until we repeat that feat. There are glimpses that Sheerin is trying hard to introduce a different brand of football. Are the owners/board/Holt giving the guy the players he needs to make it happen? Up to now, we should all have our doubts.

I hope the falkirk support aren’t dumb enough to think Sheerin and Grainger are the ones to blame for the shitshow that’s about to unfurl. 

Unfit, unprepared, nowhere near enough quality, lack of depth, hated DOF who sniffs about the training pitch. The only saving grace is I don’t see us being anything other than abject from the start, unlike last season. 

I am still struggling to come up with a convincing reason why any top flight side would see Falkirk as the right place to send their promising 18 to 21 year olds on loan. In terms of the pecking order, obviously we will have the entire Championship in the queue ahead of us, and possibly/probably one or two L1 sides as well.

Our chances of landing the mythical “20 goals a season striker” in the loan market is somewhere between slim and none.

Guest Back Post Misses

Who knows what will happen. Beating Albion Rovers convincingly was encouraging but the Hamilton result was entirely predictable given our record of failing to beat a FT time team now in 27 months. ( incidentally virtually the same length of time Deans has been on the Board) 

Everyone has been effected by COVID and it is no surprise at some point it caught up with us. Our bad luck in it all is that it kills LC progression and completely disrupts pre season. (I heard that it is not the first COVID issue we have had either) 

Sometimes you just need a bit of luck in life. Everywhere they turn this club/Board seem to hit another bit of bad luck.