The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Did I imagine a post from someone who claims to be ultra ITK advising that there was zero truth in a rumour of covid issues? Literally about 10 minutes ago?

I certainly saw an ITK poster as last posted on this thread and when I clicked to read the post had gone. 

Put's the Cove game in danger now as well that's not good news at all.

Given that a Covid isn’t about to disappear anytime soon, I can see quite a lot of games being called off.
Hope the plan isn’t just to award the opposition a 3-0 win or it’s going to make a mockery of the league table this season....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Given that a Covid isn’t about to disappear anytime soon, I can see quite a lot of games being called off.
Hope the plan isn’t just to award the opposition a 3-0 win or it’s going to make a mockery of the league table this season....

3-0 forfeits are only for the league cup

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Please tell me Sean Kelly looked somewhat decent in a shite side last season and not just like some absolute jobber? :D 

Before the season got shut down in January, I thought he looked okay if pretty unspectacular - he hardly stuck out as a player who'd played at a higher level. He then got injured over the lockdown and when the season came back he made his way back into the side for the last few weeks of the campaign when we were (as is well known) absolutely rank rotten. Kelly too was total garbage during this period, but I would defend him slightly by saying he looked absolutely nowhere near fit and at any football club with even a semblance of competence he wouldn't have been in the matchday squad, never mind starting. I think he'd be ok for back-up, but as others have said, I'd be baffled (and worried) if he was starting in the Premiership.

We were already two games down with Arbroath calling off due to Covid and having our free fixture in the first weekend of the cup as well.

What a mess.

Glad I didn't buy a ticket for Ayr now and assume tonight's will be refunded.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see Cammy Smith is back looking for a club. He'd be a decent signing.

Ayr are relying on the goodwill of letting him out of his contract previously in the hope of getting him back. If he doesn't go to Ayr then he'll go somewhere better, not to the absolute basketcase that is the current Falkirk.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We were already two games down with Arbroath calling off due to Covid and having our free fixture in the first weekend of the cup as well.

What a mess.

Glad I didn't buy a ticket for Ayr now and assume tonight's will be refunded.

Arbroath didn’t call off due to Covid 

54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ayr are relying on the goodwill of letting him out of his contract previously in the hope of getting him back. If he doesn't go to Ayr then he'll go somewhere better, not to the absolute basketcase that is the current Falkirk.

He'll go to whoever offers him the most cash just like any other player.

Brockville was "home" to Meadowbank for one Skol Cup match as we'd drawn Hearts at home and couldn't play them at The Concrete Lavvypan 

We were in the paddock in front of the stand. Henry Smith was in the Hearts goal. During a lull in play I decided to shout out "HENRY!" He turned round and we all shouted "F*CK OFF!" at him.

Brockville was certainly some place when it was rocking 

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Brockville was "home" to Meadowbank for one Skol Cup match as we'd drawn Hearts at home and couldn't play them at The Concrete Lavvypan 

We were in the paddock in front of the stand. Henry Smith was in the Hearts goal. During a lull in play I decided to shout out "HENRY!" He turned round and we all shouted "F*CK OFF!" at him.

Brockville was certainly some place when it was rocking 

I went to that game, supported meadowbank for the night in the enclosure with their fans. Got to say their fans were superb that night, had a good laugh with them and at hearts.