The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Love seeing these old photos. The ones I have are at my folk's house, so I have to make do with internet images. 

And looking through, seems there are a few of these:

il_570xN.2469173852_6z3s.jpg

A couple from season 93-94. Drinkell scoring against St Mirren and either McCall or Cadette scoring against Stirling Albion (dependent on which game it was)

brockville.jpg

Brockville2 001.jpg

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was a tip, But it was our tip, It was Brockville  and I miss it dearly.

Aye, the one chant that united every other teams supporters, "Brockville is a piggery", heard it every other week during the season. They were right, of course, but it had an atmosphere all of its own, even with only say 5,000 fans inside. In terms of facilities TFS is head and shoulders above Brockville but it just doesn't feel the same. Just walking into Brockville as a fan gave you a lift, didn't it? The place had a buzz about it. TFS is almost funereal, atmosphere wise.  Got to move with the times, I suppose. 😟

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Just now, GeordieBairn said:

criminally slow and unfit. offered virtually nothing going forward and seemed a pretty poor defender

f**k sake, we're already struggling for pace at the back and we look likely to play him at CB as well.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I thought he never really stood out for good or bad reasons.

He clearly wasn’t fit in the latter part of the season.

Hopefully he gets up to speed with us and gets fit then, but for me it's a bit of a worrying signing

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was a tip, But it was our tip, It was Brockville  and I miss it dearly.

Great pic that!  Funny how you remember things slightly differently in your head...been a while and those of who remember it aren't getting any younger!

Started going to games when is was 14, so around 1988.   First visit to Brockville was my dad getting us tickets for Andy Nicols testimonial. I think it was through his work as my old man isnt a football fan -we were in the main stand.   I must have caught some sort of bug(not via the pies I don't think) and I started going with some mates from Larbert High the following season(so 88-89 I think) .

Entering the ground from the Terraced side for the first time I'll never forget...pitch looked amazing.    From then on I moved in towards the choir area, which was my spot until we stopped playing at Brockville. 

We were still pretty much under the drinking age so no point going to the boozer before the game so we'd get down early to get a decent spot,  around the middle of the terrace, near the segregation fence but with the crush barrier behind us so we were leaning on it...it was a great spot.  Loved the atmosphere building and then all the older lads(ladz) coming in and the songs starting, the smell of booze and the odd bit of pogoing.   

I do think, now I'm older if I'd change where I'd stand if I were ever to go back.  Not sure I would to be honest - still good to rile up the away fans!  Its the main thing I think TFS misses.  You just dont get that banter which although sometimes was quite childish, was mostly pretty funny.  

There were some scary moments...The Partick Thistle midweek cup game I remember being seriously over crowded(what a game though)...I remember folk spilling onto the park at the end and stewards/polis pushing folk back in.

Also remember an Aberdeen game where before the game kicked off we all noticed some unfamiliar faces standing near us.  Just as kick off there was a chorus of "Aberdeen Aberdeen" and then it was fists and legs flying as it was clear some Dons fans in with us.   Fair play to them(Danny Dyer voice) for doing it.  

The big thing that I remember always getting goose bumps was, you'd spend all match singing in the Choir...then from out of nowhere, usually if we were winning, the main stand would start singing, then Hope Street End ...always gave me goose bumps!

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Please tell me Sean Kelly looked somewhat decent in a shite side last season and not just like some absolute jobber? :D 

I think it says it all that in a season where we finished 5th in the third division of Scottish football we as fans weren't really bothered about him staying or going. How he's managed go get himself a premiership gig is beyond me.