The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately a lot of the COYB types are.

Read between the lines. Holt has aligned himself with Fergus, and distanced himself from Sheerin. Why do you think? If this all goes badly, then Sheerin is the man, not Holt or Fergus. Sheerin gets the blame. Even the simple thing of Holt calling him “Paul Sheerin”……not just as you might expect, simply “Paul” marks him as being separate from them.

Of course, if it all goes well, then watch Deans and Holt tell the world about the wonderful things they have achieved, and how they have made Sheerin’s job so easy.

That’s now what, three players who have supposedly graduated from a development squad to the first team squad……a development squad that haven’t played a game in anger. It’s fluff. It’s about as basic as smoke and mirrors gets.

Anyone over the age of 12 can see right through guff like this, and frankly, I am amazed that they actually think the support will read this stuff and actually believe a word of it.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Alan Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids and was proven wrong,we in this case we will not win anything with kids this i say with great certainty.

Hansen was of course, talking about the introduction to the Man Utd first team squad of nobodies named Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Neville, Butt and Scholes.

Our “graduates” are………less good.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wilson has been seen playing too. It obviously means feck all.

Who’d have thunk that we’d unearth a rival for Dennon Lewis’s crown so quickly?

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately a lot of the COYB types are.

Which kind of where it all falls down. You have the types that are just wacky funsters, others that couldn't see shite if it hit them in the face, and some that deny absolutely everything negative. It's a right laugh. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully Mckay's back tomorrow(I never ever thought I'd be saying that phrase) as otherwise Hall will be playing.

In the Sheerin interview after the Hamilton game the obvious supplementary question when he said McKay got injured in the morning should have been to ask was it a bad injury and how long would he be out for. No follow up question at all. 

Holt trying to justify his position with promoting 3 youngsters to the first team. He said in interview when Fergus was appointed that he'd like to find a 'diamond' initially for the first team. Looks like we have 3, some going, we'll be in Champions League soon at this rate. Sheerin to carry the can if it goes tits up.

Tbh I think these 3 youngsters are purely ones for the future and I’d be surprised if any play a big role in the first team this season. It makes sense to get them in on full time terms so they can develop better. 

It seems like we are saving the rest of our budget for the loan market and especially a striker. 

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

It is odd to think that many folk on this here forum may never have been to Brockville. 

Decrepit, downtrodden, creaking Brockville. I remember the bogs especially - the stench was horrific, three walls where you could pish against, leading to an undersized trough at the bottom. I never, ever tried to take a dump there - my bravery only went so far as a kid. 

The bovril was scalding and the pies were made of 80% fat. I remember my dad saying "watch this", and he tilted his pie forwards. Fat literally ran off it and onto the steps below. 

I miss it a hell of a lot. In the heart of the town, a bouncing atmosphere (at times). I watched us beat Queen of the South 7-1 there. I was a mascot there. The new stadium isn't a home to FFC any more than Ochilview was. It's just a place where the team play half their games, in the middle of nowhere. 

Bought many of the "aforementioned offending articles" from here!!😂

2001_0120_115300AA.JPG

Billy Govan (@BillyGovan) | Twitter

This was where I used to get my pie and coffee at about 2.10 pm.

I know most of you guys never liked going to the ground early and stayed in the pub but I always did like to go and get in sharp to see what was what. Radio in the ear, listening to Sportsound, checking out the players warming up to see who was in/out the squad. Sipping my coffee while leaning against the stairway on the South Enclosure. My pals would shuffle in later. Was soccer heaven for me, and the game generally ruined it thereafter haha

19 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

That's tickets on sale for the Cove game via their website if ye fancy it. £14 + a £54 train.

Clicking on the away tickets and it seems to just take me to home tickets. Which end are we in?

On 19/07/2021 at 22:56, latapythelegend said:

Just got 2 tickets for Ayr. Somerset in the sun is a lovely place to watch football. Really looking forward to it.

That’s the away game I’ve missed the most since I left Scotland.

It was always a great day out.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Clicking on the away tickets and it seems to just take me to home tickets. Which end are we in?

Not actually bought tickets for myself yet, seen it was standing though so assume they're doing it like Edinburgh tonight where it's just unsegregated.

Been a bit put off by the train prices so unless I can somehow get a bus sorted I'll no be bothering. 75 quid before I've even got my foot in the stadium is mental.

48 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Same problem here. Appears to be an issue with the online ticketing system whereby it automatically directs you to home tickets. I just called Balmoral and the fella said the ground is definitely segregated and he’s going to try and alert someone to the issue.

Edited by MSG GTF!

5 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Same problem here. Appears to be an issue with the online ticketing system whereby it automatically directs you to home tickets. I just called Balmoral and the fella said the ground is definitely segregated and he’s going to try and alert someone to the issue.

Cheers. You're more dedicated than I am.