The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I thought they stated when they announced the scheme that they were effectively going to be looking at players aged 16-20 who had maybe fallen away from other academics to build the initial development squad before adding younger teams as they went along. I was pretty much expecting these sort of signings tbh.

Still waiting on a first choice striker, centre half and probably a box to box midfielder though.

Missed them saying that. Wonder if they have signed anyone else as all we’ve heard are those who have went straight in to the first team. 

Missed them saying that. Wonder if they have signed anyone else as all we’ve heard are those who have went straight in to the first team. 

I think it was part of the half hour interview with Ian Fergus and Holt so you're probably right it could have been communicated better.

It says in the signing announcement that we'll hear more about the actual development squads this week so will be interesting to see what it actually looks like.

Guest Back Post Misses

This screams we don’t have the cash to sign proven professionals so let’s pad out the squad with kids. They really must think fans are absolutely thick. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This screams we don’t have the cash to sign proven professionals so let’s pad out the squad with kids. They really must think fans are absolutely thick. 

Unfortunately a lot of the COYB types are.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think we have tried every other half baked idea as much as this is a long shot, how many folk would have thought Will Vaulks would have turned out the way he did if we didn't take a chance and at least it's not journeymen.

The other thing is at least they have been seen playing (allegedly) and not like Hartleys zeroes whether they fit in or any good remains to be seen but a couple might just surprise us with being decent.

Edited by AL-FFC

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That for me is exactly what our board think of our fanbase and a big part of the reason they won't get a bolt off me until things change. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I think we have tried every other half baked idea as much as this is a long shot, how many folk would have thought Will Vaulks would have turned out the way he did if we didn't take a chance and at least it's not journeymen.

The other thing is at least they have been seen playing (allegedly) and not like Hartleys zeroes whether they fit in or any good remains to be seen but a couple might just surprise us with being decent.

Wilson has been seen playing too. It obviously means feck all.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully Mckay's back tomorrow(I never ever thought I'd be saying that phrase) as otherwise Hall will be playing.

If I was a betting man, I’d suggest we’ve officially signed the young lad today to either start tomorrow night or more likely be on the bench as cover with McKay still out & Miller suspended/shit. 

21 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If I was a betting man, I’d suggest we’ve officially signed the young lad today to either start tomorrow night or more likely be on the bench as cover with McKay still out & Miller suspended/shit. 

Possibly, I'd rather see us gambling on him tomorrow night from the start than watching the same old Hall horror story.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Alan Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids and was proven wrong,we in this case we will not win anything with kids this i say with great certainty.

That was a golden generation too. What we have is a few young adults whose best option was apparently to sign for a League One development side.

If their best option was a League One development side then that’s a worry however if they were approached to be a part of the first team then hopefully they turn out to be good. 

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Possibly, I'd rather see us gambling on him tomorrow night from the start than watching the same old Hall horror story.

Get him up front 6”4 irrespective of his ability on the ball he will be more effective than Wilson .