The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, erty13 said:

Yes.

Last season, as soon as you went to one upfront everything dried up.

You are using the same one up front this season. I watched the Hamilton game on Saturday and did not count one chance created for a striker.

We've scored 6 goals in 2 games so far...  

I think we need to give them a bit of time, yeah I'm not convinced by our striking options either but who knows, maybe Sheerin is more like Houston where he'll get more out the team than the parts suggest is possible and we'll come good.  We'll be able to tell more from the ayr and cove games than Hamilton, Albion Rovers and the up coming Edinburgh city game.

Having watched the highlights back, I really hope another CB is on our recruit list as that Hall header for the second goal was horrific.  

Incidentally does anyone know how many games miller is suspended for?

1 hour ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Any news on new signings? 

None. I think it's a safe assumption that we are putting all our eggs in one basket hoping we get Ruth from Aberdeen and he suddenly turns into a goal machine. 

3 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I think we need to give them a bit of time, yeah I'm not convinced by our striking options either but who knows, maybe Sheerin is more like Houston where he'll get more out the team than the parts suggest is possible and we'll come good.  We'll be able to tell more from the ayr and cove games than Hamilton, Albion Rovers and the up coming Edinburgh city game.

Having watched the highlights back, I really hope another CB is on our recruit list as that Hall header for the second goal was horrific.  

Incidentally does anyone know how many games miller is suspended for?

Paul Daniels couldn't get something out of Wilson

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Paul Daniels couldn't get something out of Wilson

He'd struggle with Dowds and Keena aswell. If there was absolutely anyway to punt at least one of them Sheerin should be exploring all avenues, Wilson will be with us until at least January by which time he will get jettisoned on loan or by some absolute miracle he actually turns out to be a semi competent striker. 

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Highlights have been updated to include it now. Still says we won 2-1 in the title though

A real mess of a goal to concede: A 3 on 2 (with our two being our smallest players in Ross and Telfer) at the back post, followed by Hall not clearing the ball properly and then Mutch getting caught in no mans land was only going to result in one outcome. 

Until that point even when we were down to 10 men Hamilton weren't really threatening us. A penalty shoot-out was the least we deserved imo 

Firstly great to see fans back in the stadium.

I'm never one to slag off players (well maybe Sammon a few times but he deserved it) but that "defensive" header for their second goal that went a few feet straight up in the air was abysmal. 

I've only got these highlights to go on but Lewis said the game "dramatically changed" just round about the 80th minute which is obviously the penalty and sending off but I'd say from that Accies were much the better team up until then, certainly looked bigger and stronger with more chances - so I don't know what he means. I do worry about our lack of physical strength in League One.

It dramatically changed in Lewis words because despite Hamilton not being two or three up at half time once we scored they didn't look that threatening at all till Miller's brainfart in the box and then bringing Hall on. We would have won that game, maybe not deserved on the balance of the 90 mins, but we were comfortable without creating too much second half. They looked like they had ran out of ideas. On that showing Hamilton might be in the championship for a while yet, there will be too many teams similar to them in Dunfermline, ICT battling it out at the top. I fully expect Killie to run away with it looking at their squad, manager and kept same budget.

Edited by ebobsboy

10 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Spoke with  a few boys from through Ayr who aw said Smiths bar, so that's where I'll likely head.

Trains from Glasgow to Ayr aren't running at the moment so if you're going by train you'll need the train to Killie then change there to Ayr. Will take you about 2 hours.

Scotrail hope to have trains running again on Friday, Bus replacement service between Kilwinning and Ayr from Tuesday morning.

Guest Back Post Misses
12 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We've scored 6 goals in 2 games so far...  

5 against the BB under 14s though.

Guest Back Post Misses

https://twitter.com/steviebev/status/1218888518241542145?s=21
the best of times watching Falkirk are on the Road away from the soulless TFS. 
Can’t wait 

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

https://twitter.com/steviebev/status/1218888518241542145?s=21
the best of times watching Falkirk are on the Road away from the soulless TFS. 
Can’t wait 

You up this week for either game mate? 

Hopefully we’ll get some tickets allocated for Cove away too. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

You up this week for either game mate? 

Hopefully we’ll get some tickets allocated for Cove away too. 

Should do. I think we offered ICT at least 300 out of 1000 for tonight's game, hopefully Falkirk get at least this number.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

I see Rangers have 17k next week for Livi game. We should definitely be applying for 4k v Peterhead...but the club probably just won't bother.

Which is about 33.5% of Ibrox's capacity. 33.5% of TFS is about 2700. We wouldn't get 4000 v Peterhead in any case.