The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think you're right. I can't see much online but from google maps it was well underway by November last year so will likely be finished by now.

I actually recall Edinburgh saying they might not go back to Meadowbank as they were unhappy with the running track and single small 3 row high stand. This may have been addressed in the interim though 

Yeah, sure I read they are now happy with 500 seat main stand and will be putting in a 1500 seat stand/terrace on the other side. 

16 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Fingers crossed the weather holds through to Saturday, always a good day away in Ayr. Anyone know of any decent beer gardens? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Theres a bowling club outside the ground. Not too bad for a quick pint before the game. There is bound to be other places in the town centre. 

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Fingers crossed the weather holds through to Saturday, always a good day away in Ayr. Anyone know of any decent beer gardens? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

My girlfriend is from Ayr so I know it fairly well

Can't think of any really close to the ground (that area is a bit of a dump tbh)

The Fox & Willow and the Abbotsford Hotel are both good and have plenty of tables outside, maybe around 1.5 miles from Somerset though

The West Kirk Wetherspoons is a bit closer though it has less outside tables and also has the drawback of being a Wetherspoons 

Smiths Bar may be your best shout 

Spoke with  a few boys from through Ayr who aw said Smiths bar, so that's where I'll likely head.

Trains from Glasgow to Ayr aren't running at the moment so if you're going by train you'll need the train to Killie then change there to Ayr. Will take you about 2 hours.

If Falkirk signed their dream striker, what are you expecting to be different.

They might be a better finisher, however the midfield and wide players need to create some opportunities fo them to score.

The lack of service against the stronger teams, is just as big an issue.

Geez a striker Fawkurt FFS.

1 minute ago, erty13 said:

They might be a better finisher, however the midfield and wide players need to create some opportunities fo them to score.

Did you actually see our attempts at scoring goals last season?

Yes.

Last season, as soon as you went to one upfront everything dried up.

You are using the same one up front this season. I watched the Hamilton game on Saturday and did not count one chance created for a striker.

Did you actually see our attempts at scoring goals last season?

30 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Good strikers take 2 defenders out of the game, particularly in the early stages of an attack, mate. 

18 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Yes.

Last season, as soon as you went to one upfront everything dried up.

You are using the same one up front this season. I watched the Hamilton game on Saturday and did not count one chance created for a striker.

I suggest you spend time watching even more football, it's important to grasp the basics.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Do you think the club might post highlights including the 2nd Hamilton goal at some point? Still haven’t seen it yet. 

Is it maybe so bad that they've destroyed the footage?

Do you think the club might post highlights including the 2nd Hamilton goal at some point? Still haven’t seen it yet. 

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just watch about any goal we’ve conceded whilst Ben Hall has been on the park that will give you a pretty good idea of what it was like.

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Highlights have been updated to include it now. Still says we won 2-1 in the title though

A real mess of a goal to concede: A 3 on 2 (with our two being our smallest players in Ross and Telfer) at the back post, followed by Hall not clearing the ball properly and then Mutch getting caught in no mans land was only going to result in one outcome. 

Until that point even when we were down to 10 men Hamilton weren't really threatening us. A penalty shoot-out was the least we deserved imo