The Falkirk FC Thread

Paul Dixon is comfortably the best centre back in the division regardless of age, pace  whatever. As a left back not so much anymore but there’s no chance that we’ll get a better centre back this summer.

Dixon would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. He may well form a decent partnership with McKay. But if one of them is injured or if Dixon has to fill in at LB if McCann is missing, the idea of Hall or Miller back there gives me the absolute fucking fear. Vital we bring in another CH as well as more options in the final third 

26 minutes ago, Russ said:

Paul Dixon is comfortably the best centre back in the division regardless of age, pace  whatever. As a left back not so much anymore but there’s no chance that we’ll get a better centre back this summer.

Should have been captain long before now. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

if there's 700 available in total and given they had 300 at the Hamilton game I assume that will leave us about 400 tickets? 

The 300 at that game was mixed between home & away fans and was the capacity allowed. No idea how many were home fans but their average normally is about 350 inc away so I’d think 400-500 could be up for grabs. 

17 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Spot on. Key positions more important than many think. All well and good having an adequate CDM and LB. That isn’t enough. We do not have GK CB or striker sorted. Key positions. Imo it’s embarrasing Holt hasn’t realised this and we’ll be found wanting big time this season. Would love to be proved wrong 

Think the GK is as sorted as it's going to be with Martin pushing Mutch. Should play Martin against Edinburgh City

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well enough for me, won his battles in the middle of the park and also tried to play as much as he could with a few of his passes not coming off. He was also a lot more mobile than I was expecting which is a bonus.

Nevermind the time he gifted Hamilton a certain goal which every other player would have been slaughtered for.

I was so close to taking out 300 notes worth of ST's, but thank God Miller & Hall saved me the cash.

Having finished 5th, I said pages ago that (Sheerin) would do well to get them into the play offs, Promoted outright, a bonus,

I'll PATG, Covid allowing, dependant on results,

47 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I was so close to taking out 300 notes worth of ST's, but thank God Miller & Hall saved me the cash.

Having finished 5th, I said pages ago that (Sheerin) would do well to get them into the play offs, Promoted outright, a bonus,

I'll PATG, Covid allowing, dependant on results,

Thanks for the update. Take care.

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dixon would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. He may well form a decent partnership with McKay. But if one of them is injured or if Dixon has to fill in at LB if McCann is missing, the idea of Hall or Miller back there gives me the absolute fucking fear. Vital we bring in another CH as well as more options in the final third 

Nando Mendy has tweeted he’s returning to Scotland in a new jersey…you guys giving him a shot?