The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Edinburgh City tickets are on sale via the fanbase app for anybody who is hoping to go.

Do they have a live stream? 

23 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

https://youtu.be/9ybwnNX3brg

Pretty much sums up the game….pleasure to hear a manager telling it how it was.

Really like Sheerin so far, speaks well, has a style he’s trying to get the team to work towards and doesn’t shirk from being humble about mistakes the team made. 
He’s a massive upgrade on M&M, Hartley, McKinnon imo.

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Really like Sheerin so far, speaks well, has a style he’s trying to get the team to work towards and doesn’t shirk from being humble about mistakes the team made. 
He’s a massive upgrade on M&M, Hartley, McKinnon imo.

We always say this at the start of a new reign though so this time I'm being cautious. The football we've tried to play has been a lot better in the early stages but he's got himself a big black mark by signing Wilson for this season.

Still need two/three quality starters to come in as I'd like to see Telfer in the 10 where he can make the difference in games, we desperately need something different upfront and I'd like someone to challenge Mckay for a place.

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do they have a live stream? 

They did in their last home game with Accies so assume so but doubt they’ll announce until a couple of days into “ticket sales” or maybe on game day itself on Wed. 1st game for me “live” and in person on Wed. 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

They did in their last home game with Accies so assume so but doubt they’ll announce until a couple of days into “ticket sales” or maybe on game day itself on Wed. 1st game for me “live” and in person on Wed. 

You have earned your stripes this week 😉

I thought we actually played well yesterday. Probably the better team and didn't deserve to lose. A decent striker and a centre half and we should be absolutely fine. Certainly not miles off as someone who hasn't even watched us yet has suggested. Much more entertaining so far than any game last season. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

I thought we actually played well yesterday. Probably the better team and didn't deserve to lose. A decent striker and a centre half and we should be absolutely fine. Certainly not miles off as someone who hasn't even watched us yet has suggested. Much more entertaining so far than any game last season. 

I think the next 3 or 4 signings will be key.  

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I was quite happy with how they played yesterday. Play like that against the teams in league 1 and we should be OK.

However would say we need a new striker as, although Dowds put a shift in it just ain't working for him and not sure about Wilson. Center of the defence is also a worry. Could do with someone with a bit of pace in there as looked slow yesterday. 

I think Mckay and Dixon will be fine as a pairing in league 1 the downside being if either is injured or suspended you saw what happened yesterday, Miller is not only slow but a liability and Hall is just murder.  So another decent centre back required. Another combative midfielder wouldn't go amiss and I think two strikers although I feel it might only be one now that we have signed Wilson. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

After yesterday's performance I'd be going with this against Edinburgh City on Wednesday.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington
Ross
Morrison Dowds Nesbitt

Might be what they do. Dixon really gets found out against better opposition. His lack of pace is concerning now he's CH

15 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Might be what they do. Dixon really gets found out against better opposition. His lack of pace is concerning now he's CH

Wouldn't say Dixons lack of pace is an issue in itself, the problem for me was pairing him with someone even slower who doesn't read the game as well.

34 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If they can get the right player in to wear no.9 then I reckon we just about have enough quality for the starting 11. If Holt gets this wrong it's a failed summer.

A decent no.9 as was shown with McManus can make all the difference, the flip side being if they are out for any length of time the replacements weren't good enough. It was the same in his spell with us, Sammon and McMillan were dugshite, whoever comes in will need to hit the ground running and hopefully stay injury free.