The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can only.go.on.what other people who have seen him play on a regular and semi regular basis including scouts and not one of them has said anything other than he's shite.  Most of them are completely flabbergasted that he's gone to a fulltime side instead of the lowland or Highland league.  Add to that the two games he's completely stunk out for us so far and to say I'm not convinced about him is one massive under statement.

Now that is a totally different basis and I can fully accept your concluding opinion. But I can't accept the other guy quoting someone with hope about a new player and calling it 'impossible' that he can be effective.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I won't try and pretend I saw anything in his first games either and I can't comment on his Dumbarton performances. He is still a 23 year old who signed off the back of a trial with a manager who I have very little choice but to back right now. Perhaps I am in denial about the decision making at the club but a two year deal on the 9th of July doesn't sound like a panic buy to me. If he has "pace and an eye for goal" as Sheerin put it, then coming off the bench and scoring 5 goals this season is still an effective player to me. I simply can't accept the proposition that Sheerin has bought a guy, after seeing him train for a while, that is so shit that posters on a football forum can tell he's useless in two games.

Taylor Morgan you could tell was murder after 2 apps and he'd been on a good few weeks trial under Houston.  We have a recent history of signing players after trial periods only for them to turn out pish.. Denny Johnstone perhaps the most recent example of this 

First viewing of a Sheerin team today, felt we struggled a bit first half but Hamilton looked as useless up top as we did at the back. Second half once we scored we kept them at bay. Didn't see it clearly, so will wait to see the highlights, but from the South Stand it looked like we got away with a clear penalty for handball mid 2nd half. Looked comfortable till the substitutions then it all went wrong.

I'm hoping the Miller/Dixon CH pair isn't what we're going for this season. Too slow, and too small but I think we've sorted our quota there. I think there was at least a coherent formation, which is an improvement on last season, but really not convinced on the options outwith the starting XI

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Positives - Telfer and Hetherington done well for me in the middle of the park with Hetherington winning most of his 50/50's and Telfer going to try make something happen. 

I thought we were quite limp and slow in the middle of the park, 50/50s we were bouncing off Hamilton players or fouling, I said during we need a rugged player in there, we are a team of midgets 

8 hours ago, Baggio said:

We were pretty much in control until Wilson stepped in the pitch. From that point on we were under pressure. Less said about Miller the better. I'd have like us to have been a bit stronger on the ball throughout the team.

Dowds >>>>>> Wilson every day of the week.

I'm guessing you are going 2nd half on....we had 15-20 min spell but easily could've been 2/3 nothing down after first half, we didn't dominate like Hamilton did in the first half for me.

Hamilton seemed fitter, stronger and more drilled and I knew none of their players 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

All about opinions. We have had a DOF in since January and he cant identify a striker or a CH so he gives a two year contract to a donut. Doesn’t empty Miller, Hall, Dowds etc etc. These are key positions that you build your team around. It’s poor IMO 

Hall yes, others had another year. I'm not sticking up for Holt but we are in a shit league, ended badly last season and on the lowest point the club has been at in my time. Holt obviously doesn't have great contacts to pick up something wow, hence why we have picked up nearly men, jobbers and very light sprinkling of talent(McCann looks decent).

A jobber manager probably could've picked up these players signed, so it is bewildering why we need a dof.

Any prem youth team player Sheerin has highlighted will be back to the above in regard to where we are at, we will have the likes of Arbroath and the championship teams above us to get loans, some league one clubs too, the benefits of part time and being able to train partially full time with parent clubs and play development games can be a factor too, knowing they will definitely play also.

Still Holt is depending on Sheerin being a top coach to make Holt's signings look good for me.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

None of this matters. By the time the first 6 league games have been played, everyone will know full well which way things are headed. Less than 12 points after those fixtures simply means we have failed to win half of our games. Do that across the season, and we won’t be going anywhere. McKinnon did the “death by a thousand draws” theory to death.

Nothing but nothing matters more than getting out of this league this season.

I think we will be aok in league one, I do think Sheerin has a good philosophy of football which will see us be more than competitive but it's the fine margins of actual talent and coach skills that may see us fail for the league. 

No chance Sheerin will play for draws, I was impressed with the manner of our football today, not the depth of talent we have to make it extremely fruitful.

My first viewing today, aerial improvement in defence required, thug for central mid, McGuffie as per part his name, Nesbit lively, Morrisons crossing still dire and I thought we played into Hamiltons hand first half.

Miller lacked pace for centre defence role and obviously the pen showed that, think he will do a job in league one varying roles tho, mom Dixon easily 

We need a few in for sure, luke warm my thoughts for Holt's team

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dowds performed better in both games

Tbh I wouldn’t be happy with any of our current strikers leading the line this season. 

Dowds did very little while he was on the pitch and I’d be quite happy to move him on if possible.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

As said get the spine of the team correct we won’t be far away. 
( and keep Telfer fit)

I wish the board would grow a spine and sack Holt, he's a wage thief.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can only.go.on.what other people who have seen him play on a regular and semi regular basis including scouts and not one of them has said anything other than he's shite.  Most of them are completely flabbergasted that he's gone to a fulltime side instead of the lowland or Highland league.  Add to that the two games he's completely stunk out for us so far and to say I'm not convinced about him is one massive under statement.

he also stunk out the stirling uni game, their strikers were better than he was. other fans who's teams he's played don't rate him, sheerin sounded unconvinced, why on earth did we give this guy a contract with zero evidence to do so?

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

he also stunk out the stirling uni game, their strikers were better than he was. other fans who's teams he's played don't rate him, sheerin sounded unconvinced, why on earth did we give this guy a contract with zero evidence to do so?

That will be the Stirling Uni Team Camelon took 5 off last weekend 

Edited by Back Post Misses

8 hours ago, keithgy said:

Erm is it just me or have Falkirk TV forgot the 2nd Hamilton goal?

They obviously didn't want to show Hall's howler. I don't blame Mutch for that one as if he doesn't attempt to come out the boy gets time to bring it down and pick his spot anyway. All on Hall not being dominant enough in the air to head it away from goal.

2 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

How did Hetherington do? 

Well enough for me, won his battles in the middle of the park and also tried to play as much as he could with a few of his passes not coming off. He was also a lot more mobile than I was expecting which is a bonus.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I wouldn’t be happy with any of our current strikers leading the line this season. 

Dowds did very little while he was on the pitch and I’d be quite happy to move him on if possible.

Perhaps if we hadn't been stuck in this league for another season, we might have been able to afford to pay him, Miller, Keena off. But then you look at players like Wilson and think would it really make a difference getting rid of them if we are signing players of his calibre.  But I'd agree none of the strikers we have at the moment are good enough, one being shite is a worry but to have three is concerning.