The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed and so Miller is as well. Dowds has his chance today to stake his worth this season. Let's hope he takes it.

Im probably in the minority that thinks their might be a player there. Hopefully an actual identity and style of play does him the world of good.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Been trying to buy your stream for today's game but I keep getting a "things don't appear to be working at the moment" message from the PayPal link.

Is this common or am I seeing something new here?

I think, though may be wrong, it has to be purchased before 2.30pm

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

We're all good! I'm on.
I was trying earlier but same thing was happening, must have been just been a wee hiccup.

Nice one. Wrong as usual for me!

Thought Hamilton could have had 3 in the first 20 minutes from us playing a high line and Mutch being too hesitant coming off his line. Not certain the team are fully up to speed on the way Sheerin wants them to play yet but we grew into the half as it went on.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Paton scored again for QOS 

Noticed the last few weeks they've not even been playing him upfront. He's been playing as more of a right winger. 

We've not started today at all. Mcguffie's not doing anything out wide left which means our only threat's coming from Morrison yet again. I'd move Nesbitt out to left wing and put Mcguffie in one or take him off for Ross. Dowds is holding the ball in well but not offering anything other than that. 

Hamilton have dominated as expected but we need to get more of a hold on the game. Nesbitt's offside was a shocker given he was miles behind the last defender. Hamilton's been a lot more aggressive than us and I think that's why we've struggled with Hetherington the only one in the middle of the park you'd back coming out a 50/50 with the ball.

Not clicking as much today as it did midweek mostly due to Hamilton’s pressing and not letting our midfield get into the game. Probably a bit fortunate to go in at 0-0 they’ve had a few half chances which they should’ve done better with the attempted dink over Mutch and Moyo managing to hook it backwards when about 4 yards out. 

I’d imagine Sheerin will learn more from this game than the Albion game so positive from that perspective. Badly needing a striker of course, think there is a player in Dowds is hold up play is actually quite good but he can’t pass the ball and he poses no goal threat whatsoever. Needing to get Morrison on the ball more again all our threat is coming from him and Williamson down the right. 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Not clicking as much today as it did midweek mostly due to Hamilton’s pressing and not letting our midfield get into the game. Probably a bit fortunate to go in at 0-0 they’ve had a few half chances which they should’ve done better with the attempted dink over Mutch and Moyo managing to hook it backwards when about 4 yards out. 

I’d imagine Sheerin will learn more from this game than the Albion game so positive from that perspective. Badly needing a striker of course, think there is a player in Dowds is hold up play is actually quite good but he can’t pass the ball and he poses no goal threat whatsoever. Needing to get Morrison on the ball more again all our threat is coming from him and Williamson down the right. 

We ain’t playing Albion Rovers