The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
The club tweet announcing it makes it sound like we at least got compensation for him

Mochrie on loan would do.

Played and scored through the week for them brother.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
The club tweet announcing it makes it sound like we at least got compensation for him

Mochrie on loan would do.

Aye that ships sailed looks to be going into their first team this season. Which will be why they promoted their youth coach to manager.

6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't imagine Holts purpose is anything other to make the goalkeeper training better for the other 2 (didn't Caig say he liked working with 3 keepers?).  Doubt we'll ever see him near the team.  

Hopefully not but as Caig has now left Falkirk with immediate effect I’m sure Daddy will see it differently!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

With Sneddon and Holt jnr now away on loan for the season, I was kind of half expecting a signing today, anything happening at the stadium today @Bainsfordbairn

Yes, but not in connection with the first team. 

As for signings, unfortunately the club have little control over timings so I wouldn't read too much into departures being announced. It depends on an agent picking up the phone to say "we accept" or a higher league club making a player available for loan that FFC had their eye on. 

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was always amazed that we signed him in the first place until the rumours started of course.  Didn't make it in our academy and looked bang average for camelons young team.

Which one is he ya bassa ?

nedGal50.jpg

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I find it absolutely astonishing that we seemingly cannot afford a full time goalkeeping coach with the number of off-field appointments that we’ve made over the last few weeks.

Why? It’s because we have a cast of 100’s off the pitch that we can’t 

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Same thought, would like to think  we’ve got a fair percentage of wages outsourced.

I would doubt Gretna’s average wage is much more than £50/week?

Can’t honestly see them contributing much to Sneddon and Holt though I’d imagine either one isn’t on loads either. 

18 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

That will be Sneddon effectively released with him going on a season loan in the last year of his deal. Much like what we did with Todd last season. Writing was on the wall with the promotion of Ben Williamson

Glad he got the move. Young player that was never going to progress or hold down a 1st team game at Falkirk so was a wasted season for the lad.

You never know Gretna may be the making of him.

First time I've been looking forward to a Falkirk game in quite some time. Should give us an indication of exactly how we are as a squad. Disappointing we've not managed to get a half decent striker in first but we'll hopefully see that soon.

49 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

First time I've been looking forward to a Falkirk game in quite some time. Should give us an indication of exactly how we are as a squad. Disappointing we've not managed to get a half decent striker in first but we'll hopefully see that soon.

I really hope Nesbitt - Telfer - Morrison can be creative enough to cover that perceived hole, them and a guy like Keena making runs could be good to get us into space. I would worry, however, if we are relying on them to be the scorers. Agree with you though, looking forward to it.

Quick question , for those at the game the other night, how strict were stewards on the mask wearing when you were in your seat? Going today and having just watched the video it seems a piece of nonsense to be sitting with family outside, nobody near and being forced to wear a mask the entire time.

7 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Quick question , for those at the game the other night, how strict were stewards on the mask wearing when you were in your seat? Going today and having just watched the video it seems a piece of nonsense to be sitting with family outside, nobody near and being forced to wear a mask the entire time.

I was sitting three rows from the front of the south stand and took it off as soon as i sat down. Think about 3/4 of people done the same, stewards seemed fine with it