The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Will be interesting to see how they do. Gretna, will be one of the favourites to go down so they'll certainly get a work out against some very good teams at that level.

Was away to say similar. Holt will get plenty practice in.

With all due respect to Gretna, you don’t imagine either player will be anywhere near the first team anytime soon if that’s the level they’re suited to.

I’d have we’d have been keen to get Holt playing at a decent level as he’ll be 24 next month.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't imagine Holts purpose is anything other to make the goalkeeper training better for the other 2 (didn't Caig say he liked working with 3 keepers?).  Doubt we'll ever see him near the team.  

I was very critical of Holt’s signing (given hes 23 not 17 or anything, and the SD’s son)....but maybe it works in our favour if we can pay him total peanuts because of that fact and get away with it 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

I was very critical of Holt’s signing (given hes 23 not 17 or anything, and the SD’s son)....but maybe it works in our favour if we can pay him total peanuts because of that fact and get away with it 

Surely he'll be on more than what an 18 year old Jay Cantley would have been though. 

2 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

That will be Sneddon effectively released with him going on a season loan in the last year of his deal. Much like what we did with Todd last season. Writing was on the wall with the promotion of Ben Williamson

I was always amazed that we signed him in the first place until the rumours started of course.  Didn't make it in our academy and looked bang average for camelons young team.

6 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Falkirk are nearly evens against Hamilton who are 2/1, pretty bold odds one game in 

That's generous, won't  get as much time on the ball against Accies, and if Miller is starting in centre midfield again we could get bossed. It's probably worth a punt at even money.

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Caig away to Dundee United.

Can’t really blame the guy if he’s been offered a full time coaching role, however, it’s just bad luck that we appoint a guy and lose him a couple of weeks later

Just now, Rocco said:

Can’t really blame the guy if he’s been offered a full time coaching role, however, it’s just bad luck that we appoint a guy and lose him a couple of weeks later

The club tweet announcing it makes it sound like we at least got compensation for him

Edited by Marshmallo

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The club tweet announcing it makes it sound like we at least got compensation for him

That should at least give us money to pay off the last goalkeeping coach!