The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

U forget we were prone to an absolute clusterfuck even back then. 

I remember the Scottish Cup tie with Motherwell where the lights failed and it was abandoned.

Everyone got handed a voucher on the way out - problem was, more people turned up with vouxhers at the replay than had been at the first game! 😄

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I remember the Scottish Cup tie with Motherwell where the lights failed and it was abandoned.

Everyone got handed a voucher on the way out - problem was, more people turned up with vouxhers at the replay than had been at the first game! 😄

😂😂

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Anyone know what the situation is with taking food into the stadium? Has it changed or is it as normal?

Al be starving by the end of the game if I can’t eat for basically 3 hours.

Take a six pack of walkers and shove them up your juke,  ready meal....

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Kai Fotheringham, is there a player there, and at what level should he currently be playing? Seems he just followed us on Twitter (yep, it’s slow enough to be reduced to this sort of rumor).

I saw more from young Ben in 15 mins than Fotherinham offered in all of the games he played at the end of last season 

Edited by Stainrod

Hopefully still a centre back, centre midfielder and starting striker to come in as we're light/short of quality on that front.

21 of a squad but 19 when Holt and I assume Sneddon go out on loan. I'm also assumimg the 5 subs a game is continuing and you can have 18 in a matchday squad so another few signings even if it's just loans would see us covered. 

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt (To go out on loan)

Defenders
Paul Dixon CB/LB
Blair Sneddon LB/LM (assume he'll go on loan)
Ryan Williamson RB
Brad Mckay CB/RB
Ben Hall CB/as far away from the team as possible
Leon McCann LB
Cammy Williamson LB/LM

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison RM/LM
Gary Miller CM/RB
Steven Hetherington CM
Aidan Nesbitt RM/LM/10
Charlie Telfer CM/10
Craig Mcguffie LM/CM/10
Seb Ross 10/RM/LM
Ben Weekes LM/RM/10

Strikers
Aidan Keena 
Anton Dowds
Jaime Wilson

I think our best hope up front is for a Premiership or upper Championship team to make a signing, potentially freeing up a player to either go out on loan or move to us on a free. I appreciate we've been linked with Michael 'Babe' Ruth, and I'd be willing to give him a fair chance if he signs, but I'd feel much more comfortable if it was someone with a few more games under their belt.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think our best hope up front is for a Premiership or upper Championship team to make a signing, potentially freeing up a player to either go out on loan or move to us on a free. I appreciate we've been linked with Michael 'Babe' Ruth, and I'd be willing to give him a fair chance if he signs, but I'd feel much more comfortable if it was someone with a few more games under their belt.

Yeah I wouldn't mind Ruth coming in as an option but he's not my idea of the main solution. I'd like to see us bring in a striker from down south as most of the strikers who were already up here have got themselves a deal elsewhere and I don't want us relying on them falling out of favour or having to hold off till the end of August as we've got the league starting at the end of July. Surely Grainger's noticed a few strikers whilst he was down there.

42 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind Ruth coming in as an option but he's not my idea of the main solution. I'd like to see us bring in a striker from down south as most of the strikers who were already up here have got themselves a deal elsewhere and I don't want us relying on them falling out of favour or having to hold off till the end of August as we've got the league starting at the end of July. Surely Grainger's noticed a few strikers whilst he was down there.

Andrew Nelson is a free agent and would certainly do the job but last i saw he had a season ending injury at torquay. So it would be a huge gamble, hoping he could stay fit.

3 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Andrew Nelson is a free agent and would certainly do the job but last i saw he had a season ending injury at torquay. So it would be a huge gamble, hoping he could stay fit.

Yeah we can't rely on him to stay fit unfortunately. Wouldn't mind someone who plays the same way as him right enough as he was a right nuisance and towards the end of his loan he was adding goals to his game as well.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah we can't rely on him to stay fit unfortunately. Wouldn't mind someone who plays the same way as him right enough as he was a right nuisance and towards the end of his loan he was adding goals to his game as well.

Have we learned nothing from returning players i.e Alston and Loy look how they panned out

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Have we learned nothing from returning players i.e Alston and Loy look how they panned out

Aye, or McAllister, Moutinho, Baptie, Houston, McKenzie...

All absolutely crap when they came back! :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, or McAllister, Moutinho, Baptie, Houston, McKenzie...

All absolutely crap when they came back! :rolleyes:

They were the exceptions of earlier successes and would like to think different generation/era and given how far we have fallen do you honestly think it end any different 

there are more to add to that list above though who came back and done just as well.  If what happened at Dundee with him happened then its another gamble off field issues and injury prone it would just be another one of those to add to the list of board f**k ups and would divide the support, we aren't that side he was with the last time round.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully still a centre back, centre midfielder and starting striker to come in as we're light/short of quality on that front.

21 of a squad but 19 when Holt and I assume Sneddon go out on loan. I'm also assumimg the 5 subs a game is continuing and you can have 18 in a matchday squad so another few signings even if it's just loans would see us covered. 

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt (To go out on loan)

Defenders
Paul Dixon CB/LB
Blair Sneddon LB/LM (assume he'll go on loan)
Ryan Williamson RB
Brad Mckay CB/RB
Ben Hall CB/as far away from the team as possible
Leon McCann LB
Cammy Williamson LB/LM

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison RM/LM
Gary Miller CM/RB
Steven Hetherington CM
Aidan Nesbitt RM/LM/10
Charlie Telfer CM/10
Craig Mcguffie LM/CM/10
Seb Ross 10/RM/LM
Ben Weekes LM/RM/10

Strikers
Aidan Keena 
Anton Dowds
Jaime Wilson

I think Williamson and Weekes will be over and above further signings that were budgeted. From what Sheerin was saying, both will be in and out of the first team.

So there could still be a good few to come in.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We badly need a player with some decent striking experience.  You look at the three we have and they haven't played an awful lot of football.in their careers.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We badly need a player with some decent striking experience.  You look at the three we have and they haven't played an awful lot of football.in their careers.

We will bring in a striker but we need to wait until other clubs sort out their options before they know who is surplus. If we are including English leaves then it may be 4or 5 weeks before we can get someone in. Having some Patience will get us some better quality in the loan market. The later the club frees someone up the better they are likely to be! 

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

We will bring in a striker but we need to wait until other clubs sort out their options before they know who is surplus. If we are including English leaves then it may be 4or 5 weeks before we can get someone in. Having some Patience will get us some better quality in the loan market. The later the club frees someone up the better they are likely to be! 

Should still be some free agents in England given their season doesn't start for a while. We can't really afford to start the season at Cove with Dowds and Wilson as our only options.