The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

Disappointing to hear Rice toe that line. 

Scottish football will no doubt be the worse off now for not allowing the OF to stockpile young talent and for them to test their skills against League Two opposition. 

Maybe they can set-up their own Colt league and just play against each other 36 times a year. Why do they so desperately need all our clubs to be a part of it!?

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Disappointing to hear Rice toe that line. 

Scottish football will no doubt be the worse off now for not allowing the OF to stockpile young talent and for them to test their skills against League Two opposition. 

Maybe they can set-up their own Colt league and just play against each other 36 times a year. Why do they so desperately need all our clubs to be a part of it!?

For if they ever get the opportunity to enter into another league competition. They'll wave cheerio & disappear, leaving their B team to hoover any remaining cash. With the added benefit of continuing on, if said move proves to be calamitous.

It's called having your cake & eating it.

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Always thought Rice wasn't exactly the brightest and that has just confirmed it 

He's starting to make Hughes look like the brains of the opperation which is some feat. 

Looking forward to seeing how the Rice vs Sheerin tactical battle pans out on Saturday.

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, kiddy said:

For if they ever get the opportunity to enter into another league competition. They'll wave cheerio & disappear, leaving their B team to hoover any remaining cash. With the added benefit of continuing on, if said move proves to be calamitous.

It's called having your cake & eating it.

Yeh it has multiple benefits for the Old Firm but very little for Scottish football other than John Collins and co. say so. 

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought that was pretty selfish of those 300 odd fans TBH 

I won't be using my ST to apply for any games until a bit further into the season. My reason specific to be but I am sure there will be plenty of people with reasons they don't want to go yet. 

Guest Back Post Misses
26 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I won't be using my ST to apply for any games until a bit further into the season. My reason specific to be but I am sure there will be plenty of people with reasons they don't want to go yet. 

So why not tell the club and allow others to go? 

22 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Anyone know what the situation is with taking food into the stadium? Has it changed or is it as normal?

Al be starving by the end of the game if I can’t eat for basically 3 hours.

You only get to bring it in if you're going to share it with everybody.

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:
24 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Anyone know what the situation is with taking food into the stadium? Has it changed or is it as normal?

Al be starving by the end of the game if I can’t eat for basically 3 hours.

You only get to bring it in if you're going to share it with everybody.

In that case bring in something no-one else will like, my cooking for instance, and you'll be good to go.

16 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

I see Killie have made a good start to the season, fielding an ineligible player. Shouldn't really mock as that would just sum up our board. 

We already done that if memory serves me right John Clarke against St Mirren in the 90s, I think that was the excuse they were looking for to get shot of Bannon 

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We already done that if memory serves me right John Clarke against St Mirren in the 90s, I think that was the excuse they were looking for to get shot of Bannon 

Was it not Clarke who scored in that game and we won 1-0?