The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Find it hard to believe we are near to selling 1800 season tickets. Last week got 3 email tickets for Albion Rovers match, we went along to join the 600 or so that turned up last night.  Thought that be that, then got 3 email tickets for the Hamilton match. I’d say we are nearer to 1000 than 1800 if like us we get tickets for both matches.

Wouldn’t read much into it. Loads of people, myself included, still on holiday plus I know a good few people who wanted Sat tickets but got Tues tickets and couldn’t make the midweek fixture. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Regarding Liam Henderson, he never took to the field for us in a competitive match.

I've got a related question for my generation and older - remember the first time we went up to the Premier Division in 1986. In our 1st game we drew at home 1-1 with Motherwell. In our second game, we went to Ibrox and only lost 1-0 to a soft (shock!) Ally McCoist penalty. That night we played a defender called Jim Henderson. He must have done ok, but never ever played for us again.

Anyone got any info on him, or why he was totally bumped so soon?

Had a look at Better Meddle and it states that Henderson was substituted for Mike Cormack. There were only two subs allowed in those days (the other being striker Gary Clark) so, as Cormack was a midfielder rather than a defender, I wonder if this was a forced substitution and that Henderson may have been injured, possibly resulting in him not being considered again?

I got tickets for Tuesday’s game but I haven’t been selected for Saturday’s. I would hope those who can’t make Saturday’s game would have their tickets handed out to those who can make it. 300 odd tickets not getting used last night is a waste, whether people never handed them back or whether the club never redistributed them. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Did Clark not go on to Hamilton and have a relatively decent spell with them? On the subject of players gone by Charlie Lytwyn anyone? 

Charlie scored a first half hat trick on debut away to Ayr United

Edited by HonestAl

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Find it hard to believe we are near to selling 1800 season tickets. Last week got 3 email tickets for Albion Rovers match, we went along to join the 600 or so that turned up last night.  Thought that be that, then got 3 email tickets for the Hamilton match. I’d say we are nearer to 1000 than 1800 if like us we get tickets for both matches.

You can’t say that you will be accused of conspiracy theory  

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I got tickets for Tuesday’s game but I haven’t been selected for Saturday’s. I would hope those who can’t make Saturday’s game would have their tickets handed out to those who can make it. 300 odd tickets not getting used last night is a waste, whether people never handed them back or whether the club never redistributed them. 

I thought that was pretty selfish of those 300 odd fans TBH 

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

Not true. Encroachment is penalised if the encroaching team benefit from the penalty. Ie if an attacker encroaches and its scored its retaken. If a defender encroaches and its missed its retaken. Regardless of  whether or not the encroacher gets involved. 

You never ever see a pen retaken for encroachment though unless the player is actually involved in the play.  That's what the rule is supposed to be but they never interpret it like that. I can't remember seeing a penalty blootered into the top corner being brought back for some boy entering the box slightly early. Only time it's been retaken is when the defender clears it after encroaching. That's happened a number of times in the EPL via var but I've never seen one retaken after scoring due to encroachment by an attacking player due to var.

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is it too hard to appreciate players can get better as they develop, he was only about 21 when he played with us and I don't even remember him playing that many games. Seems to have turned into a capable ball playing centre back at Edinburgh City so righfully earned his move.

If he had developed that much he wouldn't be playing for Arbroath.  And Edinburgh city have been huffing and puffing trying to get out of league 2 for seasons now. When guys like Buchanan could still get a gig at that level last season mind you I shouldn't be surprised.

I think we've seen from our games over the last two seasons against Arbroath that they are a fairly jobber side (which finished 5th and 7th tbf) . Even a team that started Francis, Leitch and Sammon got one over on them.

Don't get me wrong, we'd have to strengthen to challenge for the promotion play-offs in the Championship, but there is a hell of a lot of dross in that league and someone playing at that level wouldn't necessarily cut it for us.

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think we've seen from our games over the last two seasons against Arbroath that they are a fairly jobber side (which finished 5th and 7th tbf) . Even a team that started Francis, Leitch and Sammon got one over on them.

Don't get me wrong, we'd have to strengthen to challenge for the promotion play-offs in the Championship, but there is a hell of a lot of dross in that league and someone playing at that level wouldn't necessarily cut it for us.

Exactly.  Let's face it it's a lot harder to get into the championship than it is to get relegated out of it. Arbroath have been good at picking up enough points to keep themselves out of the playoff positions where I think they might have struggled as they did in the cup. 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Kai Fotheringham, is there a player there, and at what level should he currently be playing? Seems he just followed us on Twitter (yep, it’s slow enough to be reduced to this sort of rumor).

Still a child, wouldn’t want to rely on him for more than 20 mins every few games or so at our level never mind yours. 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Kai Fotheringham, is there a player there, and at what level should he currently be playing? Seems he just followed us on Twitter (yep, it’s slow enough to be reduced to this sort of rumor).

There is. Very young & raw however. Could do well coming on from the bench. We, sadly, threw him into a pressure situation due to multiple injuries and too much expectation on him imho. 

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I wouldn’t have been happy with us re-signing him so I don’t see him doing much at all at championship level at this stage.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Definitely a player there, he's quick and direct but due to his build he's easily knocked off the ball which is understandable. We expected too much of him too soon but as someone has mentioned he'll be a good option off the bench when teams have tired later on.

I would take Fotheringham back. Can't imagine he'd be on much and would be fine as cover

We've also got much better full-backs than we did last season when he had no help on the wing whatsoever. 

Another spell in league 1 would do him good imo, don't think he would be ready for the championship 

Thank feck this clown didn’t get the gig. Spouting this nonsense if he was our manager would be embarrassing 
793C78FE-868C-44BD-BD87-6E18F29BD78A.thumb.jpeg.728774eccf4683a893bc08d0f8189ae7.jpeg
Yeah, theres famously no pathways for kids to get into pro football at this time, and it will remain thus until 2 teams get to shoehorn their colt sides into a league system they are currently free to loan into.