The Falkirk FC Thread

Sheerin came across very well and good to hear that the two lads promoted from the Development side are not expected to be anything like first team regulars.

Refreshing to hear an articulate, honest interview after several years of halfwits and surly wee tramps wasting our time.

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

The guy was mid fifties, certainly not an old buffer and the club produced a video showing what you needed to do before attending.

He must have read something because this was in the away stand. You cannot get a season ticket for there.

Was more of a general point rather than specific to the person you bumped into last night. I'm sure there are a few idiots within your support that are just ignorant of these things, every club has them but I'd reckon most folk who are struggling with entry or streaming these days will be guys who aren't used to modern technology. 

Guest Back Post Misses
48 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anyone else get hook line and sinkered with the start of that last facebook post just to find out it was yesterday's signing they were on about.

"6:00pm signing announced"

No

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I like the way Sheerin comes over. Hope he can make a job of things.

Early days obviously and feet on the ground. The highlights don’t really tell you much other than we did score a couple of decent goals. 

Promising 

yep, post match interview was informative and fluid, which we've been starved off for a while.  He was also one of the few who came away with passmarks from the q&a. hope he does well

Yeah I was one of them, that’s how I saw this lunacy last night.
Another thing we should be really worried about the demographic of our support. Over 60s were the majority last night.

Well they have spent the last decade+ outside the top division, & now their 3rd in the 3rd tier. Majority of 'young fans' must be turning 30 by now!
There weren't many Falkirk fans, at school in G/mouth, back in the 70's.

17 minutes ago, kiddy said:

There weren't many Falkirk fans, at school in G/mouth, back in the 70's.

Nor at either Bainsford Primary or Falkirk High School. I was one of them and used to get a lot of stick for the  team I'd chosen to support. 

As for the age demographic thing, I think we have more young fans than people realise. Before covid arrived there were over a thousand kids a week playing organised football in navy blue strips with steeples on their chest. When you add  in parents and siblings that's a lot of families who'll have an affection for the club. 

Community football might not be of interest to most folk who follow the professional game but I think it's  a big factor in growing a fanbase. And the Foundation have been very active for a long time now. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If he'd scored it should have been retaken for Williamson encroaching, never mind the keeper!

Encroachment only gets taken into consideration if they are involved in the play. If the ball is saved and then scored by a forward who encroaches or cleared by a defender who encroaches then it's retaken.

Feck me I see that super jobber Liam Henderson is playing in the championship now with Arbroath . Quite incredible some of the dross getting a punt in that league these days.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Encroachment only gets taken into consideration if they are involved in the play. If the ball is saved and then scored by a forward who encroaches or cleared by a defender who encroaches then it's retaken.

Feck me I see that super jobber Liam Henderson is playing in the championship now with Arbroath . Quite incredible some of the dross getting a punt in that league these days.

Disagree

I used to watch him in the reserves and always thought he had potential.

Quite silky on the ball.

I think he did okay with Edinburgh City partnering Balatoni.

Find it hard to believe we are near to selling 1800 season tickets. Last week got 3 email tickets for Albion Rovers match, we went along to join the 600 or so that turned up last night.  Thought that be that, then got 3 email tickets for the Hamilton match. I’d say we are nearer to 1000 than 1800 if like us we get tickets for both matches.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is it too hard to appreciate players can get better as they develop, he was only about 21 when he played with us and I don't even remember him playing that many games. Seems to have turned into a capable ball playing centre back at Edinburgh City so righfully earned his move.

Edited by FFC 1876

7 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

We seem to have a very high percentage of stupid people in our support, I saw a guy try to use his season ticket card to get in, 

“naebody telt me to print anything out”

”Kin a get it on my phone”

fucking retard, I’d have told him to f**k off and away support the Old firm. 

Every single week last season there were brain dead morons needing help to get logged in Or asking why they cannot watch away games -  even last night thickos not checking their junk email folders despite being asked to.

I don’t envy  club workers and volunteers having to deal with absolute brain dead stupid people in our support.

You know there are people out there who are born mentally disabled or have acquired acute brain injuries in their life. It's devastating for them and their families, I know.

Your descriptions are hurtful, disrespectful and very discriminatory.

You absolute knob, GTF!   

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not true. Encroachment is penalised if the encroaching team benefit from the penalty. Ie if an attacker encroaches and its scored its retaken. If a defender encroaches and its missed its retaken. Regardless of  whether or not the encroacher gets involved. 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is it too hard to appreciate players can get better as they develop, he was only about 21 when he played with us and I don't even remember him playing that many games. Seems to have turned into a capable ball playing centre back at Edinburgh City so righfully earned his move.

Yes, I agree.

He was someone I hoped we would bring back.

35 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not true. Encroachment is penalised if the encroaching team benefit from the penalty. Ie if an attacker encroaches and its scored its retaken. If a defender encroaches and its missed its retaken. Regardless of  whether or not the encroacher gets involved. 

Thank you.

Regarding Liam Henderson, he never took to the field for us in a competitive match.

I've got a related question for my generation and older - remember the first time we went up to the Premier Division in 1986. In our 1st game we drew at home 1-1 with Motherwell. In our second game, we went to Ibrox and only lost 1-0 to a soft (shock!) Ally McCoist penalty. That night we played a defender called Jim Henderson. He must have done ok, but never ever played for us again.

Anyone got any info on him, or why he was totally bumped so soon?

Nor at either Bainsford Primary or Falkirk High School. I was one of them and used to get a lot of stick for the  team I'd chosen to support. 
As for the age demographic thing, I think we have more young fans than people realise. Before covid arrived there were over a thousand kids a week playing organised football in navy blue strips with steeples on their chest. When you add  in parents and siblings that's a lot of families who'll have an affection for the club. 
Community football might not be of interest to most folk who follow the professional game but I think it's  a big factor in growing a fanbase. And the Foundation have been very active for a long time now. 
Agreed! Although technically last year the kids were in the red away strips and this year it won't be a Falkirk kit at all (just a generic light blue puma top) which is a bit of a shame.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Regarding Liam Henderson, he never took to the field for us in a competitive match.

I've got a related question for my generation and older - remember the first time we went up to the Premier Division in 1986. In our 1st game we drew at home 1-1 with Motherwell. In our second game, we went to Ibrox and only lost 1-0 to a soft (shock!) Ally McCoist penalty. That night we played a defender called Jim Henderson. He must have done ok, but never ever played for us again.

Anyone got any info on him, or why he was totally bumped so soon?

I was there that night, and Lamont set us up defensively and only in the lat 10 minutes did we look to equalise. 
I’d forgotten the lad’s (Henderson) name - tall, blond headed - but he did play well - on debut at Ibrox. 
For a couple of seasons, often thought, like you, how could he just disappear?

Edited by HonestAl