The Falkirk FC Thread

Just me that's having an absolute nightmare hearing both the interviews that went up earlier today then? Volume as high as it goes on my computer and I can still barely make out what he's saying due to background noise.

Edit1: Just checked on my phone, apparently is the computer that's causing the problem even though the intro and my music are sound. Weird.

Edit2: Turns out my left earphone is absolutely fine, it's the right on that I can't listen to the interview on. They've made an arse of it while not making an arse of it, impressive.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The highlights were from a different camera's view as they obviously didn't want to show what kind of quality the stream was in the first half. I think our pictures normally ok other than the fact we tend to show you replays as more important things are happening on the park. 

Sounds like the kind of issues RaithTV had until they had a fiber cable run under the pitch when they laid the carpet. Dropouts and connection issues can really spike the quality, and the fact that FalkirkTV are sending a 720p signal suggests they are still relying on a wireless connection somewhere.

Someone at FalkirkTV should talk to the RaithTV volunteers because they introduced replays on a split screen format last year very successfully, the software must be out there.

3 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

We seem to have a very high percentage of stupid people in our support, I saw a guy try to use his season ticket card to get in, 

“naebody telt me to print anything out”

”Kin a get it on my phone”

fucking retard, I’d have told him to f**k off and away support the Old firm. 

Every single week last season there were brain dead morons needing help to get logged in Or asking why they cannot watch away games -  even last night thickos not checking their junk email folders despite being asked to.

I don’t envy  club workers and volunteers having to deal with absolute brain dead stupid people in our support.

There are also those who fork out for a ST, no matter how poor the fare being dished up, in the midst of a pandemic. But hey, each to their own.

10 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

We seem to have a very high percentage of stupid people in our support, I saw a guy try to use his season ticket card to get in, 

Every single week last season there were brain dead morons needing help to get logged in Or asking why they cannot watch away games -  even last night thickos not checking their junk email folders despite being asked to.

I don’t envy  club workers and volunteers having to deal with absolute brain dead stupid people in our support.

Thats not just limited to our support thats the public in general and i can give a few good examples 

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

There are also those who fork out for a ST, no matter how poor the fare being dished up, in the midst of a pandemic. But hey, each to their own.

Yeah I was one of them, that’s how I saw this lunacy last night.

Another thing we should be really worried about the demographic of our support. Over 60s were the majority last night.

23 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I sympathise with older generations. What I do have a problem with is the degenerates who use the facebook page as if its fucking google. Very basic questions that they can get an answer for within five clicks.  Thats just wider society though - usually middle aged maws who just like seeing there names flash on a computer. 

Guest Back Post Misses

I like the way Sheerin comes over. Hope he can make a job of things.

Early days obviously and feet on the ground. The highlights don’t really tell you much other than we did score a couple of decent goals. 

Promising 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm seeing a potential link with these two issues. Asking guys who have walked up and paid at gate or handed over a book to get to games their entire lives probably aren't going to have the best of times printing out their own tickets, logging into online accounts or checking multiple email folders to watch a game. A wee bit of understanding might be required, rather than labelling everyone a retard. 

I'm in my mid 20's and even at that I don't really like the idea on relying on an app or whatever to get into games.  I think things are just naturally heading that way though. 

49 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Another thing we should be really worried about the demographic of our support. Over 60s were the majority last night.

I'm going to hazard a guess here and suggest it would be a lot easier for people who are retired to attend a midweek game where you have to be in the stadium an hour before kick off, than it would for folk that have to work and do not want to be rushing about for a league Cup tie against Albion rovers (no offence intended to the opposition) on a Tuesday night.

52 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

It was a midweek match tbf

Generally our crowds have been holding up well and slowly increasing since we left Brockville. I think the u12s go free policy has meant there is plenty of young blood coming along, before the pandemic anyway. An U18s ST is also reasonably priced at £75 for the south stand imo 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm seeing a potential link with these two issues. Asking guys who have walked up and paid at gate or handed over a book to get to games their entire lives probably aren't going to have the best of times printing out their own tickets, logging into online accounts or checking multiple email folders to watch a game. A wee bit of understanding might be required, rather than labelling everyone a retard. 

The guy was mid fifties, certainly not an old buffer and the club produced a video showing what you needed to do before attending.

He must have read something because this was in the away stand. You cannot get a season ticket for there.